This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 07, 2021, 07:10 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

UMX Turbo Timber Maiden

UMX Turbo Timber Maiden (5 min 42 sec)

First let me thank the Universe for a really nice morning , everything was excellent , except for the humidity .

UMX Turbo Timber .

Everything was as per ( As it came out of the box )

OMPHobby 300mAh 2s Battery
Flying weight 122 grams
CG was 28mm
Flaps = Yes , entire flight was 1st position or Take off flaps
Stability mode = Yes , for the entire flight
Timer set for 4 minutes , I flew for 4.20 and when I got home had 50% battery
First flight was Low & Slow .... As slow as I could go ! Any slower and the TT would land ( Actually it did ) . I literally pushed slow hard !
I wanted to check for stall and battery consumption as well slow speed flight characteristics .

Flying the UMX TT @ 122 grams

It literally flew out of the box . I did nothing except set up basic functions . I dont even know if I need expo . It was just crazy stable with stability on and there was no stall characteristic of any kind with stability on . I flew so slow , backed of the power so much that the TT just landed . This was a very tentative first flight , maybe because this is for me a bit of a expensive plane .
With take off flaps and stability
If you live in the USA and dont have one of these ? I would have to ask why not ? Why dont you own a UMX TT ?
In other countries where a prop might cost you 10 to 20 bananas , I can understand reluctance .
Butt , and it's a huge but ! ( that's a play on words ) This thing is awesome .

Next flight will have to try landing flaps and flying without flaps and maybe turn the stability off . I mean , it should fly even slower .

Am I happy , with how the UMX TT flies ? It flies exactly like you see in the youtube videos . In fact , I might be tempted to try other UMX planes . Yeah the proprietary battery plug kind of Ticked me Off a little ( so unnecessary ) and the price of the propeller , but how the TT flies has put a smile on my dial !
Why did I wait so long ? ( It's kind of out of stock a lot = and I can see why ) .
It was supposed to be my birthday present last year , oh well ! Better late than never !
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2021, 05:02 PM
wonderful flying old4570! beautiful field.

i am putting mine together as we type. i have never had flaps, so i will try my first flights without them until i'm comfortable with the model.
then i will research flaps and try using them at that point.
i was confused by the battery connector, and someone here led me to a charger adapter with balance plug. i had no idea it was proprietary, thanks!

hoping to maiden her tomorrow, if the weather cooperates.

all the best!
Jan 11, 2021, 08:09 PM
Thread OP
Flaps - yes or no - should not be a problem in stability mode . As the stability should compensate for any ballooning . Had some bad weather , but really itching for a 2nd flight .

Wind forecast says maybe on the morrow .

Quick Reply