Jan 06, 2021, 05:46 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

RCExcel Onboard Glow single Cylinder Help

Just received my RCExcel onboard glow & hoping someone can provide a link or point me in the correct direction.
Instructions sent are in Chinese.. I know its not too bad. I'll be installing on a 4 star 54 ARF with an inverted Saito FA-65
using a Spectrum DX6 gen 3.. I know one lead to spare receiver channel with a y harness to throttle servo?
Thanks for the help. Nitro Pirate
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2021, 10:33 PM
Nope... Get a killswitch inbetween, or your ignition will be armed continuously when the receiver power is on. You definitely want to be able to kill the ignition.
Jan 07, 2021, 07:41 AM
Thread OP
This is an on board glow not an ignition set up, or am I not getting it?
what you mean is like a "Tech Aero IBEC or BEC for gas ignition engine? or I mean opto kill switch.
Thanks too.
Last edited by Nitro Pirate; Jan 07, 2021 at 07:55 AM. Reason: more info
Jan 07, 2021, 09:43 AM
Oh, dang, sorry, I saw "RcExl" and automatically assumed it was an ignition box. Overlooked the OBG (was not even aware RcExl made those).

The lead to the receiver should not be too hard to figure out, and probably you need to mix it in with throttle (OBG on at low throttle, off at high).
Jan 07, 2021, 11:24 AM
Thread OP
yep.. being a newbie has it's limits for sure.. But your correct it'll hook to the throttle servo I think via a Y harness & like you said, on at idle off at 1/2 to ? I've seen instructions printed in English, but can't find em for nothing now.. RCExcell support sent a website instruction but it's hard to make out too...
Jan 07, 2021, 05:15 PM
Is there a trimmer for the switchingpoint on the device?
Jan 08, 2021, 02:30 PM
Thread OP
Not sure what that is,
I think I can connect to my throttle servo via a Y harness & set the Off Low & High.. My instructions are in Chinese. I've seen them in English somewhere but can't find them.. Plenty of info for the opto kill switch.. I've got to sit down at the bench & hook it up & try some things..
Helping the wife with a pinch nerve & can't be too far away.
Jan 08, 2021, 07:06 PM
Thread OP
Hey 1967Brutus. I Got it figured. Piece of cake really.. plugged into aux channel 6 & operates from toggle G. Off. Low. High. Now I think I'm going to get a y harness & have it mixed with throttle.. Haven't done any mixing but I don't think it's too complicated.. Mixing will initiate power from the channel & you set on/off by throttle graph on TX correct?
Thanks for looking out...
Steve
Jan 09, 2021, 03:44 AM
I would expect that to work best, yes... But I am fairly unfamiliar with OBG, never progressed beyond a single NiMH cell connected to a microswitch activated by a microswitch on the throttle servo...

Quick Reply