This thread is privately moderated by old_coastie, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 04, 2021, 04:25 PM
"Some do, some don't"
Thread OP
Discussion

Nall or Bust But SEFF First

Can't get my mind off the thought of attending Nall this year. So that is my RC focus for this Winter. Interested in any and all input. Particularly from others memories of their first time, at Nall guys, not that "other" first time.

Tripped across a reference to SEFF and that got me thinking, Joe Nall Week and SEFF are (in my mind) two completely different types of RC Flying events.

Have attended SEFF before and my summary of SEFF, "Spring Break for Guys with too many planes" Which I am all about... Since SEFF is roughly one week before Joe Nall Week, I'm thinking that my first focus will be SEFF, and then follow up with Nall in the Fall.

Don't get me wrong, still dedicated to punching my Nall ticket before I start flying for the Angels, but SEFF is, well, just not as "serious" as Nall. At SEFF I know I will fit in, at Nall I fear I would just be a little bitty frog in a really big pond.

Still interested in hearing about Nall, and personal experiences of those who have attended. But now I am adding SEFF to that list..

Mark R.

old_coastie
Last edited by old_coastie; Jan 10, 2021 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Modifying my Spring/Summer Plans
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2021, 12:10 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coastie
Can't get my mind off the thought of attending Nall this year. So that is my RC focus for this Winter. Interested in any and all input. Particularly from others memories of their first time, at Nall guys, not that "other" first time.

Tripped across a reference to SEFF and that got me thinking, Joe Nall Week and SEFF are (in my mind) two completely different types of RC Flying events.

Have attended SEFF before and my summary of SEFF, "Spring Break for Guys with too many planes" Which I am all about... Since SEFF is roughly one week before Joe Nall Week, I'm thinking that my first focus will be SEFF, and then follow up with Nall in the Fall.

Don't get me wrong, still dedicated to punching my Nall ticket before I start flying for the Angels, but SEFF is, well, just not as "serious" as Nall. At SEFF I know I will fit in, at Nall I fear I would just be a little bitty frog in a really big pond.

Still interested in hearing about Nall, and personal experiences of those who have attended. But now I am adding SEFF to that list..

Mark R.

old_coastie
Nall is certainly a great event worthy as a bucket list item. Once you go you will go back. You will see anything and everything flying there. With 1800 pilots you WILL be a small fish but the good news is there are LOTS of ponds. You will certainly find groups of people you know and can fit in with at all the flight lines. SEFF is certainly "spring break". Nall is the RC version of Burning Man it seems
Latest blog entry: Releasing our 40" Extra XL kit
Jan 12, 2021, 01:18 PM
"Some do, some don't"
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman
Nall is certainly a great event worthy as a bucket list item. Once you go you will go back. You will see anything and everything flying there. With 1800 pilots you WILL be a small fish but the good news is there are LOTS of ponds. You will certainly find groups of people you know and can fit in with at all the flight lines. SEFF is certainly "spring break". Nall is the RC version of Burning Man it seems
Well put... And thanks Jim.

o_c
Jan 18, 2021, 11:47 PM
"Some do, some don't"
Thread OP

SEFF Inspired

Memories and planes are fragile things, but some important things last...

Will try and keep it in one piece until SEFF 2021...

o_c

RC Tomfoolery Part 1 (8 min 12 sec)

Quick Reply