Jan 18, 2021, 03:38 PM
Bro
Bro

Service

Hi Steve,

Yes you are correct, it was a figure of speech to make a point...
My bad..

Best,
Bro
Latest blog entry: 2015
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2021, 03:53 PM
The fact that I can pay money and have an amazing plane to fly is something to be thankful for. Thanks to you and all others that deal with the not-so-glamorous part of this hobby so happy fools like us can go outside and fly these amazing toys.
Jan 19, 2021, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro
91% got me an A on my instrument rating
Congrats not an easy thing to do !!
Jan 19, 2021, 10:43 AM
Just a quick positive anecdote.

Years ago now, I supported the USA F3K team and was lucky enough to win a tracer F3B kit that was donated by SUSA. I did not fly B and did not have interest as there was not a local community. Because you get nothing if you don't ask. I called SUSA and asked if they would be willing to swap the donated model for a Stoble v3 (at that time still quite difficult to get). They said they would be happy to do so if I didn't mind waiting for the next shipment to arrive. Totally unnecessarily, they also extended an offer for discounted electronics to outfit the plane. Which I took advantage of. I received an email with shipment info 2 days later that the Stoble had shipped and had it in my hands 3 days after that (Baltimore).

If that isn't going above and beyond to support the community I don't know what is. Glad to see in country distribution for the fine products from Stream and Concept.

Happy flying all.
Jan 29, 2021, 03:54 PM
Hope there aren't any people looking for a NXT. SUSA has added the CX-5 to their contest DLG's, nothing for the NXT. I asked about ordering an electric fuse and tail. They want me to wait and see what they receive from Stream.
Feb 01, 2021, 10:34 AM
Barney Fife, Vigilante
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_N
Hope there aren't any people looking for a NXT. SUSA has added the CX-5 to their contest DLG's, nothing for the NXT. I asked about ordering an electric fuse and tail. They want me to wait and see what they receive from Stream.
So I'll chime in being the owner of that design.

Laurynas (Stream Team) hasn't been producing the NXT much lately. Originally the design was shared with them back in 2014 through Oleg as a distributor in the USA, though I still own the rights to the airplane. Others have asked to produce the design as well but I have held them off due to my loyalty to those who brought this airplane to international market. I know that having Laurynas and team produce this airplane brought it to much wider audiences than I could have brought it to myself. I also saw the quality of his team's work explode over the few years of building these. His work was good before NXT but his work became excellent through building hundreds of NXT airframes. I'd like to think we all helped each other in getting this accomplished. Though we didn't set a term for the distribution agreement nor manufacturing, my assumption was that it would be indefinite. There have been a number of requests for NXT of late, from all over the world and perhaps I should organize a quick conversation to get everyone's input. I know there are shinier, newer toys out there but NXT seems to be a crowd favorite even today.
Feb 01, 2021, 01:15 PM
Oleg Golovidov
I would be more than happy to organize a batch of Stream NXT kits for the USA customers. But it would require strong commitments from enough customers.
My experience in the last couple years has been that there are near zero interested people. Everybody wants a new (the newest) toy. But I would love to be proven wrong
I definitely have a very soft spot in my heart for NXT.
Feb 01, 2021, 01:35 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit, I

Great Design

NXT was was ahead of its time and still is competitive with anything out there.

I would love to see this design evolve with a two piece wing, 4 in the pod, and ballast friendly fuse....

Dreaming? NXT 2?
Feb 01, 2021, 02:00 PM
I bet a shiny new NXT2 would sell quick.
Feb 01, 2021, 02:51 PM
The NXT is definitely a uniquely model... I loved mine, especially after I won the NATS with it.
It is still very competitive even now.

Eitan.
Mar 14, 2021, 12:46 AM
Looks like Concept will be losing some of their customers in the USA. I asked for a price quote for an e fuse with glass tail feathers. I received a quote fur an e fuse with carbon tail feathers because that's what they had in stock. No quote for parts I asked for with note they needed to place a custom order. This soon to be ex concept fan is going to be looking for a new model that doesn't have a US distributor in California.
Mar 14, 2021, 01:33 AM
Wayne Wimbish
I wonder how the NXT would perfom with a poly wing since that is the order of the day?
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
Mar 14, 2021, 02:55 AM
Hey Roy,

there are no glass tail feathers available for F5K so far. All correct. I also wrote you, that if there should be anymore complains or issues, you could write directly to me. I would have taken care of it instantly.

Rollo
Mar 14, 2021, 10:16 AM
Time for me to Fly...
I have newer toys but still fly and won’t part with my last NXT. An updated version would probably go to the top of my want list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom43004
So I'll chime in being the owner of that design.

Laurynas (Stream Team) hasn't been producing the NXT much lately. Originally the design was shared with them back in 2014 through Oleg as a distributor in the USA, though I still own the rights to the airplane. Others have asked to produce the design as well but I have held them off due to my loyalty to those who brought this airplane to international market. I know that having Laurynas and team produce this airplane brought it to much wider audiences than I could have brought it to myself. I also saw the quality of his team's work explode over the few years of building these. His work was good before NXT but his work became excellent through building hundreds of NXT airframes. I'd like to think we all helped each other in getting this accomplished. Though we didn't set a term for the distribution agreement nor manufacturing, my assumption was that it would be indefinite. There have been a number of requests for NXT of late, from all over the world and perhaps I should organize a quick conversation to get everyone's input. I know there are shinier, newer toys out there but NXT seems to be a crowd favorite even today.
Latest blog entry: The latest and greatest
Mar 14, 2021, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-Soar
NXT was was ahead of its time and still is competitive with anything out there.

I would love to see this design evolve with a two piece wing, 4 in the pod, and ballast friendly fuse....

Dreaming? NXT 2?
Dream is reality. It is called the Falcon. Now available in two piece wing. The only dlg I love as much as my NXT.

Quick Reply