Jan 08, 2021, 11:46 PM
Couple points:

-Have Toby or Jon G ever been treated poorly by any r/c soaring vendor? No. When youíre that good looking, everyone wants you. But their points are remarkably well made, appropriate and important.

-Jason, we didnít mean to spoil your special party fun thread but SoaringUSA donít need any more lipstick. They need the light of day. They are good people, a number of folks donít think so and we all needed that clarified. Plus, precious few r/c soaring people go on Vendor Talk, whatever that is.

-Alex B of SoaringUSA reached out to me following my post. He did not need to do that. I am not an elite r/c soaring Pilot or anything like that but I do know business and I recognize Organic Customer Service when I see it and thatís what I saw from Alex.

So letís get this train in the water and get some orders in for the 2021 season!

Reid
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2021, 01:04 AM
Guys,

Models coming in from Europe can take a while to arrive. Why wouldn't you want to buy from the biggest vendor in the USA that has stock and can deliver within days?!?!?!

If you're a dinosaur and need customer service by phone, there's something called the internet, and RCG is where you can get answers immediately. If you haven't tried, you should, pretty cool stuff (cancel your fax service along the way). If any of you do not like the store, be an adult, contact them, make your voice heard so they can know and work with you. That will help them help you!

I'm not a sponsored pilot, but every time I've ordered from SUSA ( a lot!), I've always had some deal on servos (which I order anyways for a new model), or been pointed in a better direction for motors or equipment. SUSA feels like a local hobby store with national reach that can help all of us obtain what we need in the hobby.

I am stoked the CX5 will be sold directly through them!
Latest blog entry: Polecat 2017
Jan 09, 2021, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Not really a thread for discussing the merit one way or the other. We have a Vendor Talk forum for that. I'm just happy that more pilots will have faster access to CX5's now.

Then move all member posts to the bit bucket and lock the thread! I have responded to you in Site suggestions about this matter.
Jan 09, 2021, 10:37 AM
Jason, I never meant to put a damper on your thread. I too am interested in the CX5 and have every intention on purchasing one for myself.
Last edited by kapureef; Jan 14, 2021 at 03:18 PM.
Jan 09, 2021, 11:46 AM
Bottom Line(s):

-Our r/c soaring community NEEDS SoaringUSA. We need them to be successful! Our tiny little hobby depends on it.
-Itís a really big deal that they have linked with Rollo and The Stream Team!
-Based on very recent conversations with Alex, SoaringUSA is COMMITTED to the best possible customer service. He is dedicated to this!
-From my perspective, some r/c soaring pilots can be difficult weirdo customers. I donít know how Bob, Alex, Rollo, Oleg, Ali, Corky and all the rest do it. I sure couldnít and Iím grateful to these people.

So letís get on board and support SoaringUSA and all the rest. Letís get out to the field and fly.

Reid
Jan 09, 2021, 12:06 PM
Bro
Bro

CX 5 SoaringUSA

Howdy,

We are pleased to offer the CX 5 to the soaring community, and look forward to serving our valued clients! Stream Team and SoaringUSA are both committed to providing the best service possible.

I have spent 20 years in the "toy" glider business. And we have serviced literally 1000's of clients. And our effort is always to be of service to the client, sometimes we fall short.

There are times I can say we can learn from it, fix the problem, and grow. But, I have also seen times where a client is completely "unreasonable" and some times even mean, condescending, and down right rude. We are here to help, but there is a point where we draw the line.

Over the 20 years I have been going to Europe, working with many, many partners over there, a lot has changed, especially in recent times. Every single one of these changes have increased the cost, availability, and production with our partners. None of this is good for the end user, you guys!

But for the business, it is the most difficult time, ever! How can you pay 50% more for shipping, while the usd/euro changes 10% in a year ? How do you pay 2.5 employees, stock over 1/2 million in toy airplanes and get an ROI ?? I honestly ask myself this question often, and like my Dad told me when we started flying 60 years ago... I do it because I love it !! I guess my love for soaring, supersedes the reality of the business model !

The bottom line answer is we need your support!! And although we will never be perfect, 95+ percent of our customers are happy with what we do, and 91% got me an A on my instrument rating, and it also got me on the honor roll in college!

Happy New Year to all !!
Bob Breaux a.k.a. Bro
Latest blog entry: 2015
Jan 10, 2021, 11:45 AM
Where is the lift?
^^^Like^^^

Charlie & Myra
Jan 10, 2021, 02:35 PM
Just fly...
Awesome service from an awesome company, family and friends.
SoaringUSA has always gone above and beyond for me, and the whole soaring hobby IMHO.
Great to hear the partnership continue with Rollo/Stream team and SoaringUSA.

Sincere appreciation for everything you guys have done for the soaring community over the years.

Soar!
Jun C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro
Howdy,

We are pleased to offer the CX 5 to the soaring community, and look forward to serving our valued clients! Stream Team and SoaringUSA are both committed to providing the best service possible.

I have spent 20 years in the "toy" glider business. And we have serviced literally 1000's of clients. And our effort is always to be of service to the client, sometimes we fall short.

There are times I can say we can learn from it, fix the problem, and grow. But, I have also seen times where a client is completely "unreasonable" and some times even mean, condescending, and down right rude. We are here to help, but there is a point where we draw the line.

Over the 20 years I have been going to Europe, working with many, many partners over there, a lot has changed, especially in recent times. Every single one of these changes have increased the cost, availability, and production with our partners. None of this is good for the end user, you guys!

But for the business, it is the most difficult time, ever! How can you pay 50% more for shipping, while the usd/euro changes 10% in a year ? How do you pay 2.5 employees, stock over 1/2 million in toy airplanes and get an ROI ?? I honestly ask myself this question often, and like my Dad told me when we started flying 60 years ago... I do it because I love it !! I guess my love for soaring, supersedes the reality of the business model !

The bottom line answer is we need your support!! And although we will never be perfect, 95+ percent of our customers are happy with what we do, and 91% got me an A on my instrument rating, and it also got me on the honor roll in college!

Happy New Year to all !!
Bob Breaux a.k.a. Bro
Jan 10, 2021, 04:17 PM
hot air rises...
Never had a bad experience with SUSA. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them!
Jan 11, 2021, 09:38 AM
Barney Fife, Vigilante
Last edited by tom43004; Jan 12, 2021 at 08:18 AM.
Jan 13, 2021, 02:14 AM
UAV Test Pilot
Here's the real info..
Sometimes even the best have a bad day, and if you happen to catch them on that day, your experience may not be what you hoped. When you look at the overall consistency of good service from Soaring USA, I'd say any bad experiences are the exception and not the rule, and to give them another shot. Coming from my experiences with the F3K WC team back in 2015, there is no better supporter of Team USA across ALL of the soaring disciplines than Bob and company. For that reason alone, I'd go back, but my experiences have been nothing short of excellent.

And, as Rollo said.. it'll be awesome to have CX-5's in stock here in the USA for quicker delivery to your door. As an example, I ordered a new CX-5E a couple months ago.. and the ridiculously insane shipping costs these days added nearly 20% to the overall cost, and it's been nearly 3 weeks in shipping so far. You won't have to deal with the same shipper nonsense I am right now.
Jan 14, 2021, 03:52 PM
To all,
I want to express my most sincere apology to Jason Cole of Stream Team along with Bob and Alex over at Soaring USA for my remarks. I was having a really bad day (kidney stones and medication) and let my emotions get the best of me. I am so embarrassed.
Now lets get this thread back on topic and talk about the CX5 Pro F3K and CX5 Electric F5K.
I will never post a bad remark again.
I hope you all will accept my apology.
Jan 14, 2021, 05:00 PM
Wayne Wimbish
We all have bad days. I totally understand. You're ok with me.

Wayne
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
Jan 14, 2021, 05:34 PM
Last edited by ReidRoberts; Jan 14, 2021 at 11:33 PM.
Jan 18, 2021, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=Bro;46274781]

ďand 91% got me an A on my instrument ratingĒ

Never got a letter grade on any of my writtens or checkrides

But i am in the aviation business for the love of it - sure isnít for the money - so i understand where youíre coming from and am darned glad youíre here!

Thank you for your support.

Quick Reply