Jan 03, 2021, 02:38 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Need Help With REX12 Assist Set-up!!!!

I am trying to get this REX12 A to work with the gyros. I have previously added the functions of Gyro Mode, On/off, and Gain in the Add Function menu. I set switch SE for the Gyro Mode switch (ala Harry C's videos) and the on/off switch as SF and the gain to rotary switch #8. But when I go into Device Explorer, the REX12 receiver and Assign Additional Channels, it will not allow me to set SE, SF, and 8 to the functions I want. I select Edit and move the switch but the software does not see it. What am I doing wrong?????

Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2021, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woketman
I am trying to get this REX12 A to work with the gyros. I have previously added the functions of Gyro Mode, On/off, and Gain in the Add Function menu. I set switch SE for the Gyro Mode switch (ala Harry C's videos) and the on/off switch as SF and the gain to rotary switch #8. But when I go into Device Explorer, the REX12 receiver and Assign Additional Channels, it will not allow me to set SE, SF, and 8 to the functions I want. I select Edit and move the switch but the software does not see it. What am I doing wrong?????

Thanks.
Maybe you already know this but from the wording of your post it sounds like you may have some basic misunderstanding.
You do not assign switches in device explorer, you do that in Model, Function Assignment. For example in Function Assignment create function GyroMode and Assign it to SF. Then go into Model-> channel assignment and assign Gyro function to the desired channel. For example if you have the 16 channel upgrade for your DS12 then you can assign Gyro function to channel 13. Repeat for the other functions.

Then go into device explorer, select the REX12A and configure it using the setup wizard to select model type, orientation, digital vs analog servos, etc. When it asks you where the Flight mode (GyroMode) is, simply select the correct field and toggle SF and it should show up as channel 13 (not SF). Same goes for the other functions (Gain, Assist Off, etc). You are never going to see the function names or switches used in Device Explorer when setting up the Assist, only the channel # associated with them.

If you don't have the 16 channel upgrade then you will need to place those functions within the range of channels supported by your DS12.
Jan 04, 2021, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woketman
I am trying to get this REX12 A to work with the gyros. I have previously added the functions of Gyro Mode, On/off, and Gain in the Add Function menu. I set switch SE for the Gyro Mode switch (ala Harry C's videos) and the on/off switch as SF and the gain to rotary switch #8.
If you did that at some time after creating the model with the New Model wizard, you may have forgotten to manually assign channels for those functions.

Quick Reply