This thread is privately moderated by Blaze0021, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 03, 2021, 12:38 PM
Thread OP
Video

Eflite P-51D Mustang 1.1m Wingspan BNF Basic Performance Flight - The Dallas Doll

To my family and friends in TX, this flight is for you.

This is just me jammin away in my "Dallas Doll" Eflite P-51D Mustang 1.1m wingspan BNF Basic to some Ace Combat 7's OST "Magic Spear" (bonus points for this song hitting just right).

Eflite P-51D Mustang 1.1m BNF Basic Performance Flight - The Dallas Doll (4 min 44 sec)

A little backstory on this Dallas Doll. Three years ago, I had driven two hours up north to pick this one up at a private seller's home. Sadly, this Dallas Doll was only flown several times and was then left in the garage to collect dust and some light hangar rash. The seller decided to part with it for $100 to make quick cash towards his upcoming purchase of a Flightline La-7.

This P-51D Dallas Doll needed a little bit of love and attention, but nothing significant that would require an overhaul and surgery. I brought her home and went to work. My intention was to keep this Mustang as one of the few 3S planes I have in my fleet (most of my warbirds are 4s), so I made sure to max out it's performance with some upgrades. The anemic 9.8x6 4-blade stock prop was replaced with a new FMS 10.5x8 4-blade prop. The stock 30a ESC was replaced with a new Skypower 60a ESC w/ 6a SBEC. The airframe was gently cleaned and any hangar rash was refinished and restored. Lastly, the airframe has been double-coated with Minwax Satin-Finish Polycrylic.

It's surprising that I never took a video for this model that I've had for three years, but it was long overdue.. Thanks again Brad for an excellent video capture on your iPhone 6!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2021, 04:47 PM
My Dallas doll and P47 is setup similar. It really comes alive on 3s! Many people ask if I’m running a 4s on it. Good flying!
Jan 25, 2021, 09:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drahcir
My Dallas doll and P47 is setup similar. It really comes alive on 3s! Many people ask if I’m running a 4s on it. Good flying!
Thank you! Sorry for the late reply!! This setup really maxes her out on 3S for sure.

Quick Reply