Jan 21, 2021, 02:06 PM
Multi-Platform Pilot
As someone mentioned, SkyDive DeLand parachutes into where an active RC field is on airport property. I was flying at an event there, and heard a bunch of yelling behind me, someone was was off course and coming up behind me in a chute that landed right in the middle of the RC runway
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2021, 03:27 PM
A man with too many toys
Thread OP
Looks like that's one thing that FAA needs to have more regulations. There should be rules that they have to stay a Km away from any other airborne activities. Since they can't control landing spot that will they need to have a wide safety margin.

Seams very unfair that they pile on the regulations for the RC hobby when many other aspects of aviation are way under regulated - especially airliner certification. That kills many more people than the RC hobby ever will. They are spending our taxpayer money in the wrong places.

Jan 21, 2021, 03:51 PM
Multi-Platform Pilot
The FAA didn't wake up and say "hey we need to get these model airplane hooligans under control"

They were mandated by Congress during the last funding reauthorization to come up with rules to integrate UAS into the air space.
Jan 21, 2021, 06:08 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
Looks like that's one thing that FAA needs to have more regulations. There should be rules that they have to stay a Km away from any other airborne activities. Since they can't control landing spot that will they need to have a wide safety margin.

Seams very unfair that they pile on the regulations for the RC hobby when many other aspects of aviation are way under regulated - especially airliner certification. That kills many more people than the RC hobby ever will. They are spending our taxpayer money in the wrong places.

Maybe you should read FAR Parts 43, 63, 91, 121, 135 and Part 105 before making that claim.
Jan 21, 2021, 08:12 PM
Quote:
...many other aspects of aviation are way under regulated - especially airliner certification. That kills many more people than the RC hobby ever will...
If you're thinking of the 737 Max, it wasn't lack of rules that caused the accidents. The regulatory problem was having the same people who did the design work sign off on it for the government. The fox was guarding the henhouse...
Jan 21, 2021, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracudahockey
As someone mentioned, SkyDive DeLand parachutes into where an active RC field is on airport property. I was flying at an event there, and heard a bunch of yelling behind me, someone was was off course and coming up behind me in a chute that landed right in the middle of the RC runway
In this situation I would always expect the RC flier to do the utmost possible to avoid the manned aircraft/ parachute though of course it is difficult to avoid someone unexpectedly coming up behind you. Again, I say, let's not jump to conclusions, and I'm glad the incident in the video all worked out ok as far as human life and health is concerned.
Jan 22, 2021, 07:35 AM
A man with too many toys
Thread OP
This has gotten way off topic.

Any more discussion on the Test or should I just close this discussion?

Jan 22, 2021, 10:12 AM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
This has gotten way off topic.

Any more discussion on the Test or should I just close this discussion?

The test needs to address the issues that these incidents have raised.
Jan 22, 2021, 01:22 PM
Team Futaba
Hope the questions are easy and not something complicated like the flight velocity and load carrying ability of a sparrow.
Jan 22, 2021, 01:38 PM
Just here to have fun with RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
Hope the questions are easy and not something complicated like the flight velocity and load carrying ability of a sparrow.
You will be given the answers as you take the test. It's a no-fail "test".
Jan 22, 2021, 01:43 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
African or European?
Jan 22, 2021, 05:50 PM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend
African or European?
Exactly!! And laden or unladen??
Jan 22, 2021, 05:50 PM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhea
You will be given the answers as you take the test. It's a no-fail "test".
Sorry, you missed the joke.
Jan 22, 2021, 06:44 PM
BFMA #13, aka Rogue 13
MONTY PYTHON forever!
Jan 22, 2021, 07:45 PM
Swallow, btw ... Have to get the species right. Still don't know whether it's African or European though.

Quick Reply