This thread is privately moderated by Miami Mike, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 06, 2021, 09:35 AM
Go Gondos
A couple years ago watching "Airplane"

Name: a12692333-216-20191020_075136.jpg
Views: 62
Size: 3.62 MB
Description:
Feb 06, 2021, 09:46 AM
Go Gondos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kougar Mark II
Kill Bill
Death Proof

The scenes from Death Proof that would have been better deserving of the "scream" treatment I think would have been when Stuntman Mike gets shot, then when he gets rear ended while sucking down a shot of whisky from the bottle, and finally when Abernathy lands her heal straight down into his face at the very end. At least it was a hot chick's heal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc1vzBMr29o
I can't believe I haven't seen or ever heard of this movie,, what the heck was I doing in 2007, raising kids I guess, will have to find it, LOL
Feb 06, 2021, 09:49 AM
ʇsol
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only

Attachment 14610119
I missed that one!
Feb 06, 2021, 12:19 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Thread OP
No wheels! Photo by ↑

Quote:
I give up. My best guess is that those are some popular brand of model airplane wheels, but I wouldn't know because I fly sailplanes and we don't use wheels.
Last edited by Miami Mike; Feb 06, 2021 at 12:32 PM.
Feb 06, 2021, 12:26 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Mike
I give up. My best guess is that those are some popular brand of model airplane wheels, but I wouldn't know because I fly sailplanes and we don't use wheels.
"Du Bro", they sell all kinds of hardware, some that are even used in sailplanes
Feb 06, 2021, 12:38 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Thread OP
I see it now, you can barely make out "DU-BRO" on the right side of the wheel on the right. I think they're these.
Last edited by Miami Mike; Feb 06, 2021 at 12:46 PM.
Feb 06, 2021, 01:11 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Thread OP
I used to have a Razer Nostromo gaming pad, which eventually wore out.

A few years ago I was watching Ender's Game on my computer, which is a story that takes place in the very distant future, and I noticed that Ender was guiding a real-life attack against space aliens using a device that looked very familiar. I glanced over to my gaming pad and realized that it was what he was using.
Latest blog entry: How To Get a Custom AMA Number
Feb 07, 2021, 05:19 AM
ʇsol
1960s Star Trek envisioned using Jeppesen E6Bs in space.
Feb 08, 2021, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulturetec
1960s Star Trek envisioned using Jeppesen E6Bs in space.
LOL, but they were also using cell phones back then too.

The first generation flip phone, circa 1967
Last edited by Kougar Mark II; Feb 08, 2021 at 11:23 AM.
Feb 08, 2021, 11:25 AM
Quote:
I can't believe I haven't seen or ever heard of this movie,, what the heck was I doing in 2007, raising kids I guess, will have to find it, LOL
I enjoyed the film. Quentin actually plays a part in it as well. I enjoyed the second half of the film the most.
Feb 08, 2021, 11:51 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Thread OP
Death Proof is half of a double feature called "Grindhouse", which also includes some fictional movie trailers.

The other movie is Planet Terror, which is one of two movies I'm aware of that feature a flying helicopter chopping up zombies with its rotor. Can anyone here name the other movie where a flying helicopter chops up zombies with its rotor?

(That's another case of something that happens in a movie but not in real life, not just because of zombies but because collections on YouTube of helicopter crashes show that if a helicopter's rotor touches anything, the helicopter's boom immediately folds and the helicopter crashes.)
Last edited by Miami Mike; Feb 08, 2021 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Needed more clarity.
Feb 08, 2021, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Mike
Death Proof is half of a double feature called "Grindhouse", which also includes some fictional movie trailers. The other movie is Planet Terror, which is one of two movies I'm aware of that feature a flying helicopter chopping up zombies with its rotor.

Can anyone here name the other movie?
Not sure I'm following what the question is. But if Death Proof is half of the double feature of Planet Terror, Death Proof would then be the other half of Planet Terror feature. I saw Planet Terror about the same time I saw Death Proof. Planet Terror is really out there. Bruce Willis was collecting family jewels in a jar. A chick gets into an accident and then wakes up in the hospital with one leg missing. Kinda weird of a movie to me. I enjoyed Death Proof more.
Feb 08, 2021, 02:12 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Thread OP
I edited the question for better clarity.
Latest blog entry: How To Get a Custom AMA Number
Feb 09, 2021, 02:32 PM
Bombs away! Err...landing
It always annoys me, every time they change the sound of a minigun to the sound of a slow firing machine gun. Real minigun sound is so much more badass.
Feb 09, 2021, 07:57 PM
turkeyfeet
A guy can get shot 3 times from 3 feet away. There is no blood, entry wound or exit wound/.He just falls to the floor in his suit and tie just as neat as he entered the room.
I love the Film Noir movies that come on TCM Saturday nights after midnight.
You also get slugged in the face 15 times and there's very little if any blood, it's usually just a tiny bit at the corner of the mouth.
Last edited by pathfinder; Feb 09, 2021 at 08:11 PM.

Quick Reply