Jul 04, 2021, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie
Hi Chris, how about making some MM450 bodies? you were probably the one who designed them
Hey! Yes I did actually but the tooling is in China!
Did you wear yours out?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 04, 2021, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan Farmer
Are you kidding? That's great Chris ! I've always wanted to get into the business. I formed the first Bubble Jet printer bubble prototypes for IBM in the early eighties! They were all over me for my tricks. They trying to make them out of condom tips I even did a luggage mold for Samsonite. I built my machine in 81 and did a lot of production on it. I just rebuilt it for polycarbonate. My test body is still intact using tape not shoe-goo to hold it together. Very pleased.
I’m serious! RC bodies have been my specialty for a long time. You have my number, let me know!
Jul 04, 2021, 06:46 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
Hey! Yes I did actually but the tooling is in China!
Did you wear yours out?
Yes mate mine are pretty battered now, I also have a lot of people asking me where they can get them as there seems to be none left on planet earth & i still make & sell the decals for them & with no new bodies they don't need new decals
Im looking for someone to make them i will buy a bunch of them if i can get them, you don't have any contacts where they were made over there do you?
Jul 04, 2021, 06:16 PM
No I haven’t gone back to that since 2012, no idea what’s going on with them.

In AU there should be someone that can back pour a good body and make you a tool. Have you talked to a vacuum forming shop? You know who comes to mind is the movie prop shops, they do this kind of work, I did.
Here the cost to make a tool is going to be around $500 and more since I haven’t looked into materials in a while. You need aluminum filled epoxy for the tool, silicone for the mold, a couple gallons of body filler or use plaster of paris to copy the body and so on.
Then having the bodies made!

I’m not sure this would be a wise business decision! Lol
Jul 05, 2021, 02:07 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
No I haven’t gone back to that since 2012, no idea what’s going on with them.

In AU there should be someone that can back pour a good body and make you a tool. Have you talked to a vacuum forming shop? You know who comes to mind is the movie prop shops, they do this kind of work, I did.
Here the cost to make a tool is going to be around $500 and more since I haven’t looked into materials in a while. You need aluminum filled epoxy for the tool, silicone for the mold, a couple gallons of body filler or use plaster of paris to copy the body and so on.
Then having the bodies made!

I’m not sure this would be a wise business decision! Lol
No i haven't even looked for someone here to do it, it does sound like it would be a bit expensive to set up but i might have to have a look around & maybe get some prices.
Shame whoever has the tooling doesn't keep making them or are they not allowed?
Jul 11, 2021, 08:29 AM
Nolan Farmer

MM450 Bodies

Throttle, I found a post on a shop in Italy doing the dirt bike bodies.
ARC Aerodynamics,
ARC Aerodynamics@RC.AERODYNAMICS.BODY.CUSTOM · Community.

Regards
Jul 14, 2021, 05:46 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan Farmer
Throttle, I found a post on a shop in Italy doing the dirt bike bodies.
ARC Aerodynamics,
ARC Aerodynamics@RC.AERODYNAMICS.BODY.CUSTOM · Community.

Regards
Thanks Nolan but i think they are for the ARX & SR5 bikes.
Plus those Italians deal with Euros & makes everything crazy expensive
Jul 19, 2021, 02:30 PM
Nolan Farmer

Farmer Plastics Inc. 1/5 Bike

I am showing off a couple of my running test bikes with fresh skins. The newest one with a shorter wheelbase chassis that is working well and easier to setup. I have made a lot of changes lately and have been testing a lot. No shelve queens around here. Seriously, I really beat the bodies, I don't drive well
Here is the old body painted by Larry Geneva and the new body painted by Bradley Farmer. These shells are a lot of work to paint so hats off to them!
Jul 19, 2021, 02:39 PM
Thread OP
Very cool Nolan!
Sep 17, 2021, 09:08 PM
Nolan Farmer

RB540 Prototype Videos

This is the long wheelbase version with slower steering angle and GRP Super Soft tires. It has steel wheel weights both ends. There is a full sized high speed servo installed for a weight shift in my latest design. The front brake is omitted and really not needed in a small area. It is powered by a Reedy 510R and 13.5 motor. I have worked on the suspension and CG a lot lately and it has really paid off.
I will get another video of the shorter chassis running soon. It is set up the very same except 8mm less length. it is trickier to drive but corners faster.

MVI 1861 (1 min 47 sec)

Quick Reply