This thread is privately moderated by wadasczi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 21, 2021, 09:56 AM
InJamNoOneCanHearYouScrea m
Thread OP
F3RES moved to 8/19 - 8/20 at Site 5. AMA concurs and schedule will be updated on their end. I updated the schedule in post 1.

Need to talk to McCarthy about F3J. I dont know if this is a worlds year or if that makes a difference. If I were to add it to the schedule it would be the same days as F3RES.

V/R,
Wally
Last edited by wadasczi; Jan 21, 2021 at 12:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2021, 10:26 AM
the kitty litter of rcgroups
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadasczi
I dont know if this is a worlds year
F3J used to be on even years but with COVID the 2020 F3J worlds got pushed to 2021.

https://www.fai.org/events?upcoming=...t#event-179211

Is where it is currently listed on the calendar.

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons
Jan 21, 2021, 12:09 PM
Thank you Wally for having F3RES moved to 8/19 and 8/20. I'm hopeful this change will encourage more to sign up.

Tom
Jan 21, 2021, 07:47 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadasczi
8/19 - 8/20 (Thu-Fri): F3RES (Site 5)
8/21 8/22(Sat-Sun): F3K (Site 4)
8/23 8/24(Mon-Tue): F5J (Site 5)
Interesting.....
Jan 21, 2021, 09:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsha99
Interesting.....
I am confused...what is interesting? Post #1 has:
8/19 - 8/20 (Thu-Fri): F3RES (Site 5)
8/21 – 8/22 (Sat-Sun): ALES (Site 5)
8/21 – 8/22(Sat-Sun): F3K (Site 4)

You want something different?
Wally
Jan 21, 2021, 10:40 PM
Team DS Composites USA
Hey Wally,

When will we be able to register?

Thanks,

Jon
Latest blog entry: My sailplanes
Jan 21, 2021, 11:41 PM
Two days for F3RES certainly raises my level of interest.

I still have to wait on the Covid 19 situation. though.

Yours, Greg
Jan 22, 2021, 12:02 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Garber
Hey Wally,

When will we be able to register?

Thanks,

Jon
Jon,
Good question. I will reach out to Yolanda. Give me a day or two.
Wally
Jan 23, 2021, 10:27 AM
launch height can't fix stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsha99
Interesting.....
This 6 day block of flying those formats may make it too hard for me to pass up. Keeping an eye on several things but looking like Muncie in August!
Feb 03, 2021, 03:42 PM
Thread OP

Registration Is Open For The NATS

https://www.modelaircraft.org/events...021-rc-soaring

OK sports fans...I just got an email from Yolanda with a pointer to the registration page. I think the fees are right. The sites are listed in post #1. AMA has agreed to them.

Gil Gauger you are listed as ED again...if you don't mind that is.

I will start groveling for CD's soon. If you have a wild hair and want to leap into the fray just leave a note here. Yes you can fly and CD at the same time. Only requirements are you have to have your CD card and actually have flown the event before.

V/R,
Wally by Golly
Feb 03, 2021, 08:47 PM
I am signed up!

I signed up for F3RES, 2-meter and RES. I mean: why not? I really do want to fly F3RES, but the airplanes are allowable in the other tow events. I probably won't be able to stretch my kitchen pass to cover the last weekend, but I figure that's only money to the good.

Of course, this will all be dependent on the pandemic, and what sort of rules are in force both for my State government, and my household. But I'm hopeful!

Thanks for two days of F3RES.

Yours, Greg
Feb 04, 2021, 09:11 PM
Great news Greg. I sure enjoyed flying F3RES with you at the Nats in 2018.

You mentioned signing up for RES and 2M, but there are 6 days between your signed up events. Just FYI. I'll probably sign up for enough events to make it a Glider Camp vacation. : ) Both my wife and I received our 2nd Covid shot yesterday. Being over 70 has it's advantages. Let's hope herd immunity is reached by this summer.
Feb 10, 2021, 07:15 AM
Thread OP

NATS Entry Forms

Folks,
Yolanda sent out the entry form in case you want to print and mail in. It is attached.

I have been advised that camping reservations open to the general public on 3/1. If you are a CD, timekeeper, or volunteer helping you can get your reservation early. Send to me so I can forward to Yolanda.

Post #1 will be updated with current information as it arises. If you wish to be a CD, have a current license, and have actually flown the contest please let me know. CDs can fly in their own events.

V/R,
Wally
Feb 14, 2021, 01:43 PM
Bob Olson

Volunteer!!

Wally. I usually stay for glider camp for the duration and would like to do so this year but usually have trouble getting camping arrangements made. I would like to volunteer for whatever you may need me for for the duration but will probably only sign up for 3 events. My problem is that I am away from home and have limited computer resources until I return in April. I can go to Office Depot and print a copy of the entry form, fill it out and send to you but I would need contact info, and how would I pay?? Being away from home can be a pain!! It would really be nice to have a campsite where I wouldn't have to move once or twice during the week. Sorry to be such a pain!
Feb 15, 2021, 10:02 AM
Thread OP
Bob,
I just sent an email off to Colleen Pierce at AMA. Stay tuned. Hopefully is primitive camping versus tow something behind your truck camping. I need to know that aspect.
Wally

Quick Reply