This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 25, 2020, 07:22 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Time to FIX the Micro Tundra

I ordered 2 OMPHobby servos for the S720 / T720 , because they look the closest to the MT servos .
+ Hobby King does not sell spares for the MT , so ?

Check out that failed servo ! What Bee Hive @ Durafly decided to put a faulty / damaged servo in my MT ? I sure as hell didn't melt it .
Thats a melted servo . ( The way it came - I noticed during assembly that it looked a little NQR )
It worked for a while but then died ! ( Thats a flap servo )

Some one decided to make changing servos a real PITA ! I ordered two servos cos I thought I may need to change both ( resolution and all that ) , but it looks like the servos might be same-o same-o .

What a PITA !
Looks like I will need to do some soldering !

Not happy Jan ( or in this case Durafly )
to remove ads between posts
Dec 26, 2020, 07:39 AM
We're very sorry to see this. We do indeed have servos for the Micro Tundra. Even if we didn't we would get them directly from the manufacturer if needed.

If the servo "worked for a while but then died" then it didn't come melted like that.

PM me with your order information and I'll take care of this. In the future if anything like this happens again simply open an RMA/claim and we'll take care of it.

Rob
HK NY
Dec 26, 2020, 04:43 PM
Thread OP
Actually !
The body of the servo was warped when I assembled the MT ..

Corrections -

Micro Tundra gets a new flap servo (3 min 58 sec)

We need to find out what happened ..

A) I will swear black and blue the servo body was warped ( the side that was showing ) when I got the MT
B) The pictures show that the servo did finally melt in use ( Gears melted together )
C) I am so ( so ) amazed , that the Rx did not cook and the battery did not short . I mean , was there serious potential for ?
D) I am going to have to check all the servos now with my IR temperature gun , this is some scary stuff to contemplate .
Last edited by old4570; Dec 26, 2020 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Update with more information

Quick Reply