Jun 04, 2005, 04:01 PM

info on Great Planes G3 Real Flight Sim

Has any one had problems with their G3 Real Flight Simulator? Right out of the box mine I got today wont work.

After downloading per instructions, I got the error message:
error creating effect. prop disk.

After uninstalling and reinstalling, I went to the G3 website and registered so that I could see the message boards. I found many others also had run into problems upon download. < so I was not alone in my frustration >

The support crew is not there on the weekends and even though I was welcomed to the message board, was not allowed to make posts. What is up with this?

Any ideas on how to fix this frustrating problem (prop disk error) thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2005, 06:54 PM
The folks that frequent the sims forum can probably help you out. I'll move the thread so they can see it.

Pete
Jun 04, 2005, 11:51 PM
Rat
Rat
Come get me if you can
It would be best to post your systems specs. Ie processor, Harddrive, Ram and graphics card. Sounds like you are running into a graphics card problem to me.

Go back to the Knife Edge site and look for the specific cards they tested the sim on. You need one of these specific cards for the simulator to operate.
Jun 05, 2005, 07:59 PM
I had to get anew video card $130.00but now I know how bad I suck as a heli pilot
Jun 06, 2005, 05:52 PM
The way I see it this sim has saved me about $20 k so far and man do I suck Im going to need some real instruction

Quick Reply