Dec 24, 2020, 12:11 AM
NeverAgainVolunteerYourse lf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaurak3
Question for you, nick - what method of delivery was that to Michigan?
Ship, as deck cargo, and I believe they were going to do the great loop in her.

I don't work there anymore but here's an example located in Michigan now. with some pictures of the shipping.

https://www.bemarine.com/inventory/2...6360-10040884i
Dec 24, 2020, 06:56 PM
Gravity-Compliant User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_75au
Ship, as deck cargo, and I believe they were going to do the great loop in her.

I don't work there anymore but here's an example located in Michigan now. with some pictures of the shipping.

https://www.bemarine.com/inventory/2...6360-10040884i
Right - and a tractor/trailer overland from the western US coast? From California, it is still over 3000 km to Michigan.

I was curious because I have a sailboat on Lake Michigan that I had thought about getting to NZ. It would save a lot of time by taking it overland to the west coast rather than sailing (motoring) it down the Mississippi River or, alternatively down the St Lawrence River to the Atlantic, and then south through the Panama Canal to the Pacific. (That would make a great trip... if I were 20-years younger... )
Dec 24, 2020, 10:14 PM
Eye of The Storm
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by propflux01
That is the model that kept coming up in my initial searches. It is still on the list!
Dec 24, 2020, 10:21 PM
here's mine...............................
Dec 24, 2020, 10:43 PM
I have gas blowers and an electric power shovel to clear roofs. I also have tractors with plows. The plows are usually faster in light or slushy snow.
My Ariens 1336 has a battery. I really like a battery as the 13hp engine takes some muscle to pull start especially when cold, and I don't have to run a cord to it. The heated grips are nice.
I think lights are over rated unless you are working in the dark or around traffic. But lights are cheap so no excuse for manufactures to leave them off.
And I really like my single stage for decks and tight areas. It is easy to transport and moves fast. I usually take it when clearing in town until the snow gets deep.
Dec 24, 2020, 10:45 PM
The QuadFather
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudahBenHur
That is the model that kept coming up in my initial searches. It is still on the list!
For the little usage described in the OP, I think its under budget and more than adequate for the needs. Prolly a Chonda engine, but they have been noted pretty reliable.
Dec 24, 2020, 10:47 PM
56S
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
I just made a couple passes down my drive with my ATV and plow. On the paved level section I can hit about 30 MPH. Man that is exhilarating
Dec 26, 2020, 04:09 AM
Eye of The Storm
Thread OP
I just ordered the Generac 28" model. It looks like to be a DR Power model. I wanted all these credit rewards cleared out so I hit the buy button. It totaled out to $1,028 when all was said and done and those items brought it down to $0. I still have $24 dollars left to spend and figure I can look for some oil for it. It doesn't ship with any. Winter will be half over when it is shipped unless they are really conservative on their shipping dates.
Dec 26, 2020, 05:04 AM
NeverAgainVolunteerYourse lf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaurak3
Right - and a tractor/trailer overland from the western US coast? From California, it is still over 3000 km to Michigan.

I was curious because I have a sailboat on Lake Michigan that I had thought about getting to NZ. It would save a lot of time by taking it overland to the west coast rather than sailing (motoring) it down the Mississippi River or, alternatively down the St Lawrence River to the Atlantic, and then south through the Panama Canal to the Pacific. (That would make a great trip... if I were 20-years younger... )
To be 100% honest I don't know all the details

I thought that small container ships could travel the St Lawrence up to the lakes? I did a school project on the St Lawrance too many years ago.

https://www.completemarinefreight.co...RoC1OIQAvD_BwE

Can't hurt to see what the costs would be, I thought it was about 30K to ship from factory but Im pretty fuzzy on that figure
Jan 23, 2021, 07:17 AM
You cannot randomly pick the first snow thrower you see in the market. Therefore, you need to familiarize yourself with the important elements of choosing the best snow blower for yourself. https://billious.com/best-snow-joe-e...-snow-blowers/
Jan 23, 2021, 12:50 PM
Greediest Suer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBilliou
You cannot randomly pick the first snow thrower you see in the market. Therefore, you need to familiarize yourself with the important elements of choosing the best snow blower for yourself. https://billious.com/best-snow-joe-e...-snow-blowers/
The last snow blower I got only puts out 500 Cubic feet per minute. That might seem like a lot in your location, but I'm trying to build a ski resort in Bishopville and the snow kept melting for some reason. Will this device allow me to build hills and make the snow not melt?

Asking for a friend.
Jan 23, 2021, 12:52 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Snowblowers are not for amateurs... Way too easy for someone to get hurt if they don't have experience.
Jan 23, 2021, 12:53 PM
Gravity-Compliant User
So far, I've needed to use my Ariens snow-thrower only once this season.
Jan 23, 2021, 01:52 PM
Greediest Suer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
Snowblowers are not for amateurs... Way too easy for someone to get hurt if they don't have experience.
I'm with you there on this one. But even with the guards pinned back I'm not getting enough snow out of the machine to maintain the resort.

Quick Reply