SWSA Combat/Fly-in 24th July (South Wales UK) - RC Groups
Jun 04, 2005, 03:37 PM
silent flight

SWSA Combat/Fly-in 24th July (South Wales UK)

Hi Guys,

The next combat event will be with us very shortly. For anyone who hasn't been before the order of the day is combat in the morning, sports flying off the peg in the afternoon.

Aprils event went extremly well. We had 30 people combatting in gorgeous conditions on the Wrecker followed by F3F, PSS, drone planes, video planes etc . Don't miss out on a great day, sign up for July, you won't be sorry. Just send me an email or PM to get your name on the list.

We'll be meeting at Mcdonalds, Junction 32 M4 Cardiff at 8:45am and then travelling to the relative slope at approx 9am. For further info goto the SWSA combat page.

July's competition is sponsered by Wowings so there is a nice new Skua kit for the winner, as anyone who saw Steve Alfords in April will know it's well worth winning .

Here's a few pictures to get you going

For more pictures goto Kevin Newton's site and SWSA gallery

A Skua kit is going to the winner, here's Steve Alford's fine example.

See you on the slope

Mike_Y
Last edited by Mike_Y; Jun 04, 2005 at 04:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2005, 06:45 PM
Fish Head!
The April event was a life changing experience......this really is a must event in any flyers calender. I've flown Steve's Skua and I want one....see you all there
Colin (third from the right in the top picture)....I've been practising
Last edited by colin wavell; Jun 04, 2005 at 06:50 PM.
Jun 05, 2005, 05:59 AM
If I get there with a new wedge, will someone help me set it up before destroying it?

Jun 05, 2005, 08:06 AM
Foam sweet foam
Of corse we'll help you destroy it Martin.

Here's one of the drones going, all are welcome to have a pop at it!!!!!!!!!!!

See you all there.
Jun 05, 2005, 11:30 AM
silent flight
Hi Martin,

Many of the guys come on the Saturday to sports fly. If you are able to make it on the Saturday you'll definatly get your model trimmed out ready, doing it Sunday before the comp you'll be a bit pushed for time. Either way I'm sure we'll get you in the air.

Mike_Y
Jun 05, 2005, 04:11 PM
Great fun last time....and personally profitable to boot!!

Clive.
Jun 05, 2005, 04:25 PM
Sold, sold, sold
Me and my war-wounded Venom will be there, but you knew I was addicted anyway. 68 and 87.

S
Jun 09, 2005, 12:13 PM
silent flight
There are a few new names on the list already .

How many of you guys are staying over for the Saturday/Sunday? Is it the New Inn again? Only asking so anyone who hasn't been before knows where most people are staying.

Mike_Y
Jun 10, 2005, 05:00 PM
Foam sweet foam
Four ugly guys and a bunch of banana's staying at the new inn over here
Jun 10, 2005, 05:27 PM
silent flight
Here's the New Inn website if anyone wants somewhere to stay Saturday night.

Hey Steve Z fancy some Banana racing? Check out the 60" F3F thread.

Top Bananas
Jun 10, 2005, 05:30 PM
silent flight
For the people coming for the Saturday flying let us know if you want us to set up the F3F coarse for some informal racing or would you prefer just to sports fly? We can sports fly and race in sessions just let us know what you want.

Mike_Y
Jun 10, 2005, 06:15 PM
Sold, sold, sold

Camping trip

Mike/Shane,

Steve C (n-tropic) and I are considering a tent on the hill - do you think the the local farmer will be ok - might try a trial run at the 60" F3F?

Anyone want to join in - ging gang goolie and beer. Let me know

Steve (the eternal cub scout) A
Jun 11, 2005, 09:32 AM
Can you spot the giraffe?

Newcomer from the North

Mike/Shane,

I'm a recent recruit to slope soaring (flew big smelly powered things 15-20 yrs ago, started flying again last autumn) and would love a chance to join in. I'm a bit far away (Glasgow) but am trying to wangle an excuse to be in your part of the world the week before.

I can bring a Jazz Extreme and a Mini-Dragon. If they're appropriate and I'm welcome I'd love to stay for the whole weekend. You'd have to show me how to do this f3f stuff though - crashing foamies I'm quite good at already!

David
Jun 11, 2005, 11:22 AM
silent flight
Hi David,

You're more than welcome to join us. F3F is easily explained, basically you fly between two points (base A and base B) 100m apart, 10 times as quickly as possible. There's a little bit more involved but you'll easily pick it up.

Hope you wangle the week in Wales .

Mike_Y
Jun 11, 2005, 04:22 PM
Foam sweet foam
Mike, can't make the 26th June ( wife is a good'un but i don't want take the p**s ) But i'd love to have a go with the new fruit on the Saterday of the combat

Your banana's look soooooo by the way.we maidened ours last weekend in a 40mph howler with superb lift and the whistel from the ailerons is somthing else can't wait for the Bwlch.