Dec 23, 2020, 02:47 AM
Drones + Cloud !
Thread OP
New Product

Happymodel Cine8

Happymodel CINE8 85mm Brushless Cinewhoop DIY KIT shot by #insta360 go (4 min 11 sec)

http://bit.ly/38Kcjdm is 105$
Last edited by MultirotorDrones; Dec 30, 2020 at 03:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 23, 2020, 03:13 PM
Dang I was hoping for something like the beta85 pro/mobulite 85
Dec 23, 2020, 07:21 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Happymodel CINE8 85mm Brushless Cinewhoop DIY KIT EX1202.5 KV8000 4in1 ESC, 5.8G 400mw VTX, Caddx ANT 1200tvl camera for $90+ with an on-board Frsky and $100 with an outboard receiver. At 73 grams with the 1202.5/8000kvs should fly really good and plenty fast and get good flight times too. They used the Ant, the best of the lower priced good quality cameras that are out right now too.

Happymodel CINE8 85mm Brushless Cinewhoop DIY KIT
This Kit is very easy to build , no solder work any more, just assemble then plug and play .

Very cheap but equipped with high-performance and stable components. The frame is formed by high-precision TPU 3D printing, fixed with carbon fiber board and the use of integral foam to prevent collision. Every FPV pilots could enjoy the fun of building their own FPV Cinewhoop.

Features:
No Solder work need and easy to build
Very reliable and resistant to drops
Stable and smooth flying
Insta360 fixed mount ready
Smooth and powerful

Diversity SPI Receiver compatible Frsky/S-FHSS/Redpine protocol

Specifications:
Brand Name: Happymodel
Item Name: Cine8
Wheelbase: 85mm
Size: 145mmx140mmx23mm
Weight: 73g(without battery)
Weight: 99g(with Insta360)
Receiver option:
Internal SPI Frsky version (Compatible with Frsky ACCST D8/D16, S-FHSS, Redpine)
External Flysky Fli14+ receiver version(Compatible with Flysky AFHDS-2A protocol radio)
External Speki+ receiver version(Compatible with Spektrum DSM2/DSMX protocol radio)
External TBS Crossfire Nano receiver version
Mar 08, 2021, 12:21 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
I have the Cine8 and absolutely love it. Incredibly smooth to fly, and plenty of power. Still waiting for my Insta360 GO to arrive so I can get some cool flight footage.
Latest blog entry: NewBeeDrone Bee Vault By Ossum
Mar 08, 2021, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax
I have the Cine8 and absolutely love it. Incredibly smooth to fly, and plenty of power. Still waiting for my Insta360 GO to arrive so I can get some cool flight footage.
I already put together an 85 and a 95 with GEP 1202 10,000s & 8000kvs, and have a couple Ants I got on sale or I would have bought the kit. Love them 1202s and even cranking them on 3S, they have that feeling they can put out a lot more. They are nice and smooth, just like a Whoop should be cruising or low speeds and lining things up too.

I do have one of those new Crazybees on the way from Xinte . . . yea, I know, but I caved and got another Crazybee anyway . . . I saw the video of the long range with that new on board diversity Frsky, and they put that out farther than I put my outboard receivers, and had to give it a try. No more 1202s, but I just got my set of the new HM 1404s the other day. Did you get the onboard receiver or one of the outboard options?

I think that Ant camera is easily the best in that range, blows away the pos EOs and way better than the Runcam Nano. I really don't notice much difference between the Ant and the Kangaroos, which are basically a baby Ratel. I get a really good crisp picture with it, and you should be able to get some really good videos just with that.

Mixed feelings about the foam bumpers, but if I didn't already have those couple 1202s already, I'd grab one too. At that price, and all good parts, I couldn't buy all those parts for the kit price.

Should look good in your hangar with all it's little cousins, and we're getting a few days of early Spring temps this week, so you should be able to get some comfortable outside air time with it. Enjoy your new Whoop and post your vids with either/both cams and show how it does.
Mar 08, 2021, 03:06 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
I really like the Ant camera. It is quite good for the price. I was able to get some outdoor flying in yesterday. Was only in the 40's but it was sunny with no wind. Supposed to see 60's for the next few days but really windy today, and rain coming Wednesday and Thursday so hopefully tomorrow I'll get some more flights in.

I got the Cine8 with the external Fli14 RX, but my Crux3 has the SPI RX and it does indeed have very good range. I was really surprised by it.
Mar 08, 2021, 07:28 PM
Quote:
I really like the Ant camera. It is quite good for the price. I was able to get some outdoor flying in yesterday. Was only in the 40's but it was sunny with no wind. Supposed to see 60's for the next few days but really windy today, and rain coming Wednesday and Thursday so hopefully tomorrow I'll get some more flights in.

I got the Cine8 with the external Fli14 RX, but my Crux3 has the SPI RX and it does indeed have very good range. I was really surprised by it.
The Crux has the HM 12 0something motors too, just a lot lower kv??
I got a couple HM Fli14+ with two (diversity?) antennas to try, but they surprised me and are a pretty big size even compared to the Frsky Jumper R1+ which is a lot bigger than an XM+. Good to know first hand about the range with the onboard. With the 12amp, the diversity receiver, and ready to put together like a Lego . . . I cringed when I thought of it . . . but am thinking about giving the Crazybees another shot . . .

50s, but kinda windy today. Your rain will get here Thursday/Friday so if the wind doesn't pick up too much, I can go out and play for a couple days too. With two new toys you should have fun getting them outside and introducing them to the neighborhood. The 95s are a lotta fun, but I really think the brushless 85s are the perfect motor/size outside Whoop for big and small areas. Be interesting to hear what you think of the Big Guy when you get it broken in after flying all your different Tiny/Tiny er Whoops for so long.
Mar 08, 2021, 08:49 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Yeah the Crux3 has 1202.5 6400kv motors and fly's on 2s, whereas the Cine8 has 8000kv 1202.5's and fly's on 3s. The Cine8 is nowhere near the beast that the Crux is as far as speed, and acceleration are concerned though. The Crux is less than half the AUW and swings 3 inch props.

This is my first Fli14 RX, and in all honesty I'm not really impressed with it. It's huge compared to the RX2A Pro's that I use on some of my whoops and micros, and other than having telemetry I haven't noticed anything impressive enough to make me spend more on them in the future.

Fingers crossed we get some good outdoor flying weather before the next winter blast rolls through. You know it's coming lol!
Mar 14, 2021, 03:28 PM

cine8 jumps in the air 40cm stops and drops

Hi All,

I've double checked my motors, correct props and motor directions.
I put my throttle with weight 40 and offset -60 to lower the throttle to 40% but still when the throttle reaches a "critical velocity" the cine8 jumps in the air 40cm then drops (I think there is a red light constantly on).

If I remember correctly I can re-arm and repeat this.

I don't hear the Taranis complaining on radio lost so I don't think this is failsafe kicking in.

Any idea how I can debug this?

Thanks!
/Shmulik.
Mar 14, 2021, 03:36 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
@FastMax you flying the Cine8 on 3s 450mah that came with it? I just ordered one and all I have laying around are 1s & 2s other than one NanoTech 450mah 3s that I got used so I don't know what condition it's in.
Mar 14, 2021, 03:40 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmulikgazit
Hi All,

I've double checked my motors, correct props and motor directions.
I put my throttle with weight 40 and offset -60 to lower the throttle to 40% but still when the throttle reaches a "critical velocity" the cine8 jumps in the air 40cm then drops (I think there is a red light constantly on).

If I remember correctly I can re-arm and repeat this.

I don't hear the Taranis complaining on radio lost so I don't think this is failsafe kicking in.

Any idea how I can debug this?

Thanks!
/Shmulik.
Can't say for sure but it sounds like Air Mode is messing with you. I keep mine turned off and have it on my Mode switch so that it's on in Horizon and Acro and not in Air. I always take off in Air then when airborne switch to Horizon or Acro.
Mar 14, 2021, 07:47 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
@FastMax you flying the Cine8 on 3s 450mah that came with it? I just ordered one and all I have laying around are 1s & 2s other than one NanoTech 450mah 3s that I got used so I don't know what condition it's in.
Yes, it fly's great on the included battery. I also have a few older 350-450mah 3s batteries that work quite well too. It's a more efficient bird than I was expecting for a 2 inch rig. I haven't tried it on 2s yet, but plan to try it as soon as weather permits.
Mar 15, 2021, 12:46 AM
I could be wrong, but I thought if you were in just "Air" mode, that's Air added to Acro. With no mode selected, the default mode for BF is Acro and Air isn't really a mode like Angle, Horizon or even Acro Trainer. I have a 3 way switch setup for my "modes." I have Angle in position 1, and AT in position 2. I also have "Air" turn on in position 2 with AT, and then just Air turned on in position 3 by itself to have Acro with Air. I've never liked Horizon, and don't use it or set it up on any of my quads, but you could substitute Horizon for AT.

I've run my GEP 1202/8000s on 2S on my 85 Whoop and it did fine . . . moved those over to my 95, and pretty much just 3S on that. It wasn't as fast and peppy on the 85 as on 3S, but still a really good flying Whoop and same kind of flight times. I'll run RDQ 650 3S on my 85s with 1103/11kvs and 1202/10kvs, and they both handle them fine. Their both really quick, handle like an 85 should and get well over 6 minutes air time cranking it around for most of the flight. Pretty much the same on 2S, just not as much punch or top end, and again, no real difference in flight times on the same mAh.

So far, all my versions of 85s pretty much get the mAhs in air time, a little over 5 minutes on 520 2S, 6+ on 600s, and even pushing/getting 8 on some Tattu 800s. I'll get solid 6 minutes on those 3S 650s, and will get that on the 95 with them too. The RDQ 650 3S are very light for their size, and I'm sure that helps that out a lot.
Mar 15, 2021, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Yes, it fly's great on the included battery. I also have a few older 350-450mah 3s batteries that work quite well too. It's a more efficient bird than I was expecting for a 2 inch rig. I haven't tried it on 2s yet, but plan to try it as soon as weather permits.
What is the run time with the included battery? Are you strapping a go pro on as well?
Mar 15, 2021, 11:37 AM
I hope I can be usefull
Last edited by Angry Don; Sep 01, 2021 at 05:21 AM.

Quick Reply