Apr 11, 2021, 03:17 PM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflightray
Looked through the posts but didn't find a manual way of changing between video and stills, I vagally remember it was pressing one of the buttons in sequence with my very old 808 camera.

The mSetup is a nice feature, but how do you change anything out in the field without a computer ?

Have I missed something ?

Ray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamael
You can switch between photo and video modes using the power button. When the camera is powered on, briefly press the power button and the light will change to represent the mode the camera is in. Yellow is video mode and red is photo mode.

I always change my setting using mSetup. I understand that there might be an app for phones, but I've never tried it - I suspect that you would need to plug in your camera's MicroSD card to use it.
Additionally, the mSetup program has very detailed User Guides for all the Mobius cameras, as well as the #16 and #32 808 cameras. Access them via the HELP button, and select your camera from the drop down selection box.

Also, the #32 has no WiFi ability, so there is no APP for configuration changes. However, there is a work around to allow make changes in the field using the Manual Method described in detail in Info Post #3 here. Follow that to create your desired config changes IN ADVANCE, and stop after you have completed Step 5. Save a copy of that file in a folder on the card separate from the root folder so you can retrieve it later. When you want to change your camera config to that on the memory card, just insert the card in the camera and press and hold down the mode button while also pressing and holding the power button. After about 5 seconds the leds will stop flashing and you can release the buttons. Your camera will have you new configuration.

Note this will erase the config file from the root directory of the card! So to restore it for future use, copy the file you saved and stored in the different directory, and paste it back in the root directory for the next time you need the change. Note: Making the config file "Read Only" to avoid having to restore the file after use will NOT work. The camera will only save the new configuration if it can delete the file from the card afterwards.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2021, 03:23 PM
Thanks Tom, much appreciated, will re-read.

Ray.
Apr 12, 2021, 09:25 AM
Near-Earth object

Focus lens

I just looked in my old #16 camera before I started voiding the warranty on my new #32. There is no way these failing eyes and shaky fat fingers are going to be able to get the glue off of the lens without destroying it. I wonder if I could request a lens replacement with no glue on it? And I too am waiting on a firmware update. Bright sunlight seems to wash everything out. Overexposed.
Apr 12, 2021, 11:02 AM
casual park flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecnc
I just looked in my old #16 camera before I started voiding the warranty on my new #32. There is no way these failing eyes and shaky fat fingers are going to be able to get the glue off of the lens without destroying it. I wonder if I could request a lens replacement with no glue on it? And I too am waiting on a firmware update. Bright sunlight seems to wash everything out. Overexposed.
I'm 68 in a similar situation. Got tired of screwing around with this so I solved the problem by going with a different camera. You might try a runcam. Velcroes to my planes or my hat just fine and I'm getting some incredible footage.
Apr 12, 2021, 01:05 PM
AMA Member since 1984
Tom has been testing the new firmware update for a while now.
Wonder what the problem with it is if no release yet.

Something would be better than nothing.
Apr 12, 2021, 03:07 PM
casual park flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcNutDave

not quite ready for prime time
Apr 12, 2021, 03:17 PM
Quote:

I suspect the bug i accidentally discovered is perhaps the cause of the delay. Perhaps it's not, but Tom did say it was a strange bug.
Apr 12, 2021, 06:36 PM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamael
I suspect the bug i accidentally discovered is perhaps the cause of the delay. Perhaps it's not, but Tom did say it was a strange bug.
That bug has already been fixed, strange as it was! Just goes to show that not only new functions and their settings need to be tested, but also additional bugs, like this one, occur when another function setting interacts with a totally different function. There are 10's of thousands of combinations of key functions, and it's not possible to test them all of course.

With the new FW there are dozens of new function settings for Image Quality, and working through them takes some time, but getting the bugs fixed takes even longer since the developer is a perfectionist and doesn't want to release FW that works in part, even though it's known that other functions are still broken and are being worked on. Add to that that the #32 is not the only camera being developed.
Apr 12, 2021, 07:27 PM
casual park flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
That bug has already been fixed, strange as it was! Just goes to show that not only new functions and their settings need to be tested, but also additional bugs, like this one, occur when another function setting interacts with a totally different function. There are 10's of thousands of combinations of key functions, and it's not possible to test them all of course.

With the new FW there are dozens of new function settings for Image Quality, and working through them takes some time, but getting the bugs fixed takes even longer since the developer is a perfectionist and doesn't want to release FW that works in part, even though it's known that other functions are still broken and are being worked on. Add to that that the #32 is not the only camera being developed.
[emoji106]

All I want to do is fly!
Apr 13, 2021, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank

Good news to hear that the bug is already fixed. Just shows the dedication from the developer.

One might argue that's impossible to fix every single possible bug. Obviously different, but look at Windows and all the bugs fixed - it goes on for years!
Apr 17, 2021, 08:50 AM

Unexpectedly reset to defaults issue

I've noticed some issue with the #32. I don't know exactly what situation cause the issue, but from time to time (very rare) my camera settings are uexpectedly reset to defaults. It happens during normal camera use. Moreover there is no way to write new configuration to the camera after such situation. Every time I try to write the new configuration, I get factory defaults. The only way I found to resolve this problem is firmware update (to the same version I had). Reset don't help. Maybe unplugging the battery would help, but require unscrewing the box.
Apr 17, 2021, 10:47 PM
casual park flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarkvid
I've noticed some issue with the #32. I don't know exactly what situation cause the issue, but from time to time (very rare) my camera settings are uexpectedly reset to defaults. It happens during normal camera use. Moreover there is no way to write new configuration to the camera after such situation. Every time I try to write the new configuration, I get factory defaults. The only way I found to resolve this problem is firmware update (to the same version I had). Reset don't help. Maybe unplugging the battery would help, but require unscrewing the box.
I'd crack it open to see if the tiny reset switch is stuck closed. This can happen if you inadvertantly push too hard on it.

All I want to do is fly!
May 02, 2021, 07:01 PM
AMA Member since 1984
Looks like Tom posted new FW version V1.00.27 but
link does not work.

Tom??
May 02, 2021, 07:23 PM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Looks like Tom posted new FW version V1.00.27 but