Legend Hobby - SEAGULL MODELS CURTISS P-40N WARHAWK 33cc-50cc 80″

LEGENDHOBBY.com presents the Seagull Models New Version 80” P-40N Warhawk with Optional New 100 Degree Rotating Retracts! Perfect for almost any engine from 35cc to 50cc! Warhawks arrive in a few weeks so Pre-Order yours now!

Splash

SEAGULL MODELS CURTISS P-40N WARHAWK (SHARK MOUTH) 33cc-50cc 80″ WINGSPAN- SEA250S

From Legend Hobby

Pre-Order / Reservation Details – Please read this information carefully before pre-ordering:

We are accepting pre-orders for the SEAGULL MODELS CURTISS P-40N WARHAWK 33cc-50cc 80″ (SHARK HEAD) SEA250S. The models are leaving the factory in Nov 2020! We cannot guarantee delivery by Christmas 2020 bc of logistics that we cannot possibly control but models should arrive by late December/Early January! Any changes to the ETA will be posted on this page.

This is a high demand product, so we strongly recommend pre-ordering if you wish to receive an aircraft from this container shipment. The next shipment won’t be until late SPRING 2021, so order now to avoid disappointment!

In order to reserve your SEAGULL MODELS CURTISS P-40N WARHAWK 33cc-50cc 80″ (SHARK HEAD) SEA250S your payment will be processed at the time your pre-order is placed.

BRIEF HISTORY:

The Curtiss P-40 Warhawk was an American single-engined, single-seat, all-metal fighter and ground-attack aircraft that first flew in 1938. The Warhawk was used by most Allied powers during World War II, and remained in frontline service until the end of the war. It was the third most-produced American fighter, after the P-51 and P-47. P-40 Warhawk was the name the United States Army Air Corps adopted for all models. A total of 11,998 P-40s were built before production was finally terminated in 1944.

The Seagull Curtiss P-40N 80″ / 2032mm Warhawk is extremely lightweight with its balsa and plywood construction. It has a highly detailed cockpit and Painted fiberglass cowl, exhaust ports, and landing gear pods. The factory-applied Oracover covering trim scheme and the painted fiberglass cowl recreates the iconic “Shark Mouth” which helps this model stay true to the look of the original real WWII-era P-40 Warhawk aircraft.

** PLEASE NOTE THIS MODEL HAS BOTH DECAL SHEETS FOR SHARK MOUTH/PARROT HEAD IN BOX! THIS IS A CUSTOM NO DECALS APPLIED VERSION BROUGHT TO YOU BY LEGENDHOBBY.COM!***

100 DEGREE ELECTRIC RETRACTS WITH FUNCTIONAL OLEO STRUTS NOW AVAILABLE! THIS KEEPS WHEELS FORWARD OF PREVIOUS POSITION & PREVENTS NOSE OVERS! ELECTRIC RETRACTS ARE SOLD SEPARATELY! ORDER HERE: SEAGULL 80″ P-40 WARHAWK ELECTRIC RETRACT SET

TECHNICAL DETAILS

• Curtiss P-40N WARHAWK 33cc-50cc gasoline engine.
  • Wingspan …………………………….. 80in (2032mm)
  • Wing area ……………………………. 1094.3 sq.in (70.6 sq.dm)
  • Approximate flying weight ………. 13.7 – 14.1 lbs (6.2 – 6.4 kg)
  • Length ………………………………… 63.6 in (161.5cm)
  • Recommended engine size …….33cc-50cc gasoline engine
  • ELECTRIC CONVERSION INCLUDED.
  • Radio system required 6 channels with 8 servos.
  • Flying skill level intermediate/advanced.

KEY FEATURES

• High quality balsa and balsa plywood, these make light weight construction
  • Eye catching scale colour scheme
  • Two-piece, plug-in wing with functional flaps which is easy and quick to assemble
  • Covered in genuine oraccover film covering
  • Pre-cut scale decal sheet
  • Factory painted fiberglass engine cowl
  • Fully detailed, factory painted canopy
  • All necessary hardware included
  • Electric power conversion included
  • The flaps to reduce landing speeds
  • The fuselage is well designed, and the firewall is strong enough to handle just about any engine in the recommended range you choose
  • -POSITION & PREVENTS NOSE OVERS! ELECTRIC RETRACTS ARE SOLD SEPARATELY!
  • ORDER HERE: SEAGULL 80″ P-40 WARHAWK ELECTRIC RETRACT SET
  • The P-40N WARHAWK comes with both decal sets for the Shark Mouth and the Parrot Head on decal sheets in the box. This allows you the customer the option to finish the plane to look like the one on the box cover or add your very own custom decals for a personalized Warhawk of your liking. (BOTH DECAL SHEETS for Shark Mouth and Parrot Head are included but NOT APPLIED allowing you to customize the final markings!)

** Servos, radio gear, engines/motor/batteries , not included***

Learn More

Go to Legend Hobby for pricing and more info...

Dec 19, 2020, 11:28 AM
Another P-40 ARF with wheels way smaller than scale. Have yet to see one with correct size wheels...
Dec 19, 2020, 09:34 PM
Canopy looks off, and on an "N" , thats a big deal. The pictures Seagull uses to represent their models are awful
Dec 20, 2020, 07:02 AM
You're right, didn't notice that because I was too focused on the wheels...
Dec 20, 2020, 10:40 AM
Build a scale plane already!!!
Darn,, and I was going to buy it to get that Top Gun invite
Dec 20, 2020, 08:34 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Lol, it can all be fixed & for $500 bucks , its a great price.
Its like the factory said let’s make an P40 E, no wait lets make a N , no wait lets make a somewhere in-between like a J lol !
If I take the leap, I would make the canopy interior an E and buy an after market canopy, I think that ParkFlyer plastics has a correct E .
Then contact Just Model Props to see if any of the spinners are true pointed shape.
Enlarge the wheel well, and if I have the Energy cut the counter balances in the elevator.
Looks like after market Gear pods are also in order it you want that trade mark look on the front of the wing.
The design also appears to have a longer nose when looking at the real N , I think China is starting to do this for easier CG achievement. I have seen this on all the new Giant scale birds from Motion RC.
One assumption based on wing loading is that it should be a great flyer
Last edited by Ldm; Dec 20, 2020 at 08:43 PM.
Dec 21, 2020, 01:50 AM
I’ve got the p-40c 50cc from motionrc and I really enjoy flying it. Now it is far from scale but the best bang for the buck for a bird this size. Came with the electric retracts, which are beefy and have worked flawlessly! Manual cg is spot on and the plane lands super stable at a crawling speed with no sign of tip stall at all. Of course it’s far from scale but there’s room to add or take away. Can’t beat what you get for the price!
Dec 21, 2020, 05:12 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
I think i read your thread but I cant recall did you go gas or Epower ?
Dec 21, 2020, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm
I think i read your thread but I cant recall did you go gas or Epower ?
If you referring to me I went with a Dle 55 ra gas! Never go full throttle more than enough power! Added very little weight upfront.
Out of all my giant scale planes the Bh p40 is the easiest to fly and land.
Dec 21, 2020, 06:22 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Yes, I was asking your advice, thank you

Quick Reply