Jan 19, 2021, 05:08 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Same here. I should be getting one of these along with the Beta frame to review for RCGroups so it will interesting to play with it.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 29, 2021, 12:57 PM
It would be nice if Insta also added as a spare another square case by default, as all my friends prefer to use that shape instead of aerodynamically bad brick shape.

Here is STL file to print. It's not mine.
Feb 01, 2021, 11:21 AM
yds
yds
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuricus
Here is STL file to print. It's not mine.
do you happen to have the og link to that STL model?
Sep 06, 2021, 09:49 AM
I am owning a SMO 4K since last week. Up to now I am running more or less stock settings at 4K 30FPS. Under certain load conditions, I have a bit of jello in the footage (mounted on a Rekon 5 long range quad). Not a big deal, but something I want to optimize.
I was wondering if anyone has found settings to improve jello?
I also get sometimes a nasty lens flare with the ND16 filter.

I posted a video of a ride along a spectacular mountain ridge in a different thread, captured with the SMO 4K, you can see both effects described above:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post47770145
Other than that I´m pretty happy with the product.
Sep 20, 2021, 08:35 AM
Did anyone try to upgrade to a later firmware version than the recommended 1.2.18 ?
I would like to use the latest One R firmware in order to be able to set the sharpening.
Jan 24, 2022, 07:11 AM
San Diego California

DIY camera mount ( for vibration reduction )

Satisfied results through some vibration analysis and dumper mechanism fabrication.

Taken measures against vibration of the SMO 4K camera. While looking at the 4K image, I identified the type of vibration and took measures as follows.

1. The vibrations of the motor and propeller are transmitted by solid fixed structure.
2. Resonance vibration occurs when the output is raised and lowered or when the outputs change such as turning.
3. The camera vibrates back and forth and left and right on the flexible mount. (may be better to express it as shaking)

1 has a structure that absorbs with flexible rubber mount but 2 and 3 were not considered very much. As a countermeasure, a thin plastic plate (salad container) was attached to the front of the camera and fixed together with the solid mounted DJI camera. As a result, the damper is more effective in the front-back direction than the flexible mount only while the rubber mount is still effective and 1 and 3 could be dealt with. Next as a countermeasure against 2, the horizontal fixing was attached with sponge double-sided tape so that the sponge functions as a damper. Regardless of the these theory, I think the image became much easier to watch.

BetaFPV SMO 4K camera on 95X with DIY camera mount ( for vibration reduction ) (2 min 58 sec)
Last edited by Old NEET; Jan 24, 2022 at 09:33 AM.
Jan 24, 2022, 11:31 AM
mdv
mdv
Nice video. I have one of these SMO 4K cameras but have not used it yet. Where did you shoot that video? I would like to check out that parking lot for speed runs of my 12427.
Jan 24, 2022, 11:43 AM
San Diego California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdv
Nice video. I have one of these SMO 4K cameras but have not used it yet. Where did you shoot that video? I would like to check out that parking lot for speed runs of my 12427.
PM sent.

Quick Reply