Jan 02, 2021, 06:12 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Many moons ago when I put together my first 'flying wing' , an MSComposites Swift II, whilst waiting on the motor and being impatient I cobbled together a 'chuck stick' , basically an 8 foot pole with about 6 foot of line attached to it. I used it like casting a fishing rod which let the Swift gain a little extra speed/height,,...............it worked sort of. Thankfully the motor came about a week later lol

I have approx 30m of silicone tube which might be useful and itll save more wear and tear to my shoulder )
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2021, 08:19 AM
Gots me a good used Hobie Hawk
I can't remember if I saw this online or on TV, but a guy had a really big and very light kite, and was using a fishing rod to fly it.

There was little to no wind at all, he would pull it up overhead and then release the line tension .

The kite was also a glider and I got the impression that he could control the kite some way, it would fly downwind and then he would pull it back up.

So maybe a rogallo type of kite that substitutes for a 'chute , would fold up and then deploy after the glider releases and be steered to a specific spot.

Quick Reply