This thread is privately moderated by bayou_city_boy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 14, 2020, 09:47 PM
Bayou_City_Boy
Thread OP
Discussion

Is It Over Yet!?

2020... Wow... What a crazy year!

As I look back on the year, it's sometimes hard to get too excited about it! With these crazy politics, the lawlessness and then covid on top of all that, it's hard to believe I'm living in the United States of America. And what things just start to get you down, you walk out into you pasture and poof, there is a newborn baby calf looking it up at you! Three times this year!

It's so thrilling that I almost feel like a new Daddy or new Grandpa! They are cute as buttons and so much fun to watch grow up. Don't get me wrong though, it's still a lot of work. Lol.

Yeah, that's right, John Denver lied to us! It's not quite as easy as he sang about! But I sure wish I'd have done it a lot earlier because we really love it. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed my career as a Biomedical Systems Engineer and all the travel, adventure and excitement that went along with it. But gosh it sure is nice not to have to get up at 4:00AM, get dressed and rush off to the airport!

We've come a pretty good ways with our little farm. We replace a lot of the old fencing with new wood and some crisscross wood fencing. We started the remodel on the pole barn using the old fencing as siding for for a distressed worn look on the inside. We have a big raised garden built. I started digging a pond with my little John Deere tractor and backhoe. I used the dirt that I dug up to raise the garden about 10 in above normal level.

Our little herd of three cattle is now up to seven with three more calves due in the spring and summer. And we have three chicken coops! Two are full of chickens and one has guinea fowl in it!

We have our 8-year-old Schnoodle, Isabel, and our little one and a half year old Chihuahua, Lizzie the Lizard Hunter. Okay, she doesn't really hunt them, she harasses them and plays with them more than anything else. I've had to rescue a few lizards! She's curled up on my lap sleeping now as I write this! Some hunter! Lol

She has me trained to know when she wants to go outside, play with toys, cuddle or just be left alone!

We've made quite a few friends out here. And people seem to know who we are. When we meet somebody new, they always say "Oh, you're the folks with the little bitty cows!"

I've been designing a few new airplanes as well as trying to restore a few older planes. And trying to switch out many of my glow airplanes to four-stroke. I picked up several 20/21 and 30 size four strokes as well as some 40 and 52 size four strokes. My largest is a Sato FA-11 gas four stroke 60 size engine. I have a redbox Top Flight P-51B kit that I'm going to need a little bit bigger gas four-stroke in as well as a Global Cessna 172 kit that would need a bigger four-stroke gasser also.

I've been collecting up 1/2A engines. Mostly Cox stuff. Some guy said he believed that in a few years the little Cox Baby Bee .049s will be worth about $80 a piece! Sounds like good investment advice to me! Lol

But some of the best news this year is finding out that in 2021, Diane and I are going to have three more grandchildren! We only have four now. And they're still time for a fourth one ... who knows!?

So as crazy as 2020 has been, being isolated, quarantined and not being able to see family and friends like we would normally want, the good has definitely overshadowed the bad, and the year has been a pretty good year over all.

But we sure hope 2021 is a whole heck of a lot better! Lol!

So here it is the middle of December and I'm working on the 2nd annual Christmas Grab Bag event to raise funds to buy airplanes for some local kids. This will be the last event for for the year. What a great way to finish the year off.

We pray for our Creator to bless each and everyone of you. We pray that He will pull every one of us through this pandemic and help us to move forward.

And we hope that each and every one of you will have a Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Don
bayou_city_boy
Last edited by bayou_city_boy; Dec 14, 2020 at 10:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply