The NEW E-flite UMX Night Vapor...Fly indoors or outdoors, all day AND all night!

Now with a stronger airframe, customizable LED lighting, plus AS3X and optional-use SAFE Select technologies, the E-flite UMX Night Vapor slow flyer is more fun than ever – indoors and outdoors, day or night!

Splash

E-flite UMX Night Vapor

See more info below and on the product pages via this link: https://www.horizonhobby.com/search?...n&lang=default

Introduction

IMPROVED SLOW FLYER FAVORITE

Over its nearly decade-long history, the original ParkZone® Night Vapor slow flyer became a favorite of a wide range of pilots for its unique indoor and outdoor, day or night, versatility. There was simply nothing else like it. Now the E-flite® UMX™ Night Vapor picks up where that popular ultra-micro aircraft left off, adding exciting upgrades that make it more fun than ever before! With enhanced durability, the UMX Night Vapor is now even better at handling bumps and collisions when flying indoors in suitable spaces such as large rooms or gymnasiums, or outside almost anywhere in calm to low wind conditions. Plus, you can choose between two fully factory-assembled versions: the convenient, all-in-one-box Ready-To-Fly (RTF) that includes a transmitter, battery, and charger, or the Bind-N-Fly® (BNF) Basic that helps you lower costs by using your own compatible Spektrum™ transmitter, battery, and charger. Either way, you can be flying almost anywhere, day or night, in just the time it takes to charge a battery!

Overview

MORE FUN TO FLY, IN MORE PLACES

The E-flite® UMX™ Night Vapor makes it possible for intermediate to experienced pilots to fly in more places than ever before! Fly indoors in large family rooms, garages, conference rooms, and gymnasiums. Or, fly outdoors almost anywhere in calm to low wind conditions – day or night! Compared to the ParkZone® Night Vapor, the updated and upgraded UMX Night Vapor has a stronger, reinforced airframe along with more durable metal landing gear that unscrews easily for removal or replacement. The proven power system featuring a stronger prop shaft is compatible with 1S 70mAh to 200mAh LiPo batteries to deliver a wide range of performance and flight time options. Plus, built-in telemetry delivers real-time battery voltage data to compatible transmitters to make you aware of approximately much “power” remains while you fly. Multiple user-selectable color options for the factory-installed LED lights make it possible to personalize the look of your UMX Night Vapor when flying in the night sky. The convenient, all-in-one-box RTF (Ready-To-Fly) version includes a transmitter, battery, and charger, or the BNF® (Bind-N-Fly) Basic version helps you lower costs by using your own compatible Spektrum™ transmitter, battery, and charger. Both versions include exclusive AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies for smoother and

Fully Assembled The UMX™ Night Vapor arrives 100% factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box. That means you can be flying in just the time it takes to charge the battery!

More Durable Design The stronger, reinforced airframe includes more durable metal landing gear that’s easy to unscrew to remove or replace, and it better handles collisions when flying indoors or when flying outdoors in low wind conditions.

LED Lights Factory-installed LED lights make it possible to fly all day AND all night too! You also have the ability to change between different color options to personalize the look of your model whether you fly alone or with other UMX Night Vapors.

Exclusive Technologies This UMX™ Night Vapor is equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) and SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE® Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch, making it easy to fly for low-time and experienced pilots alike.

Ready-To-Fly Convenience (RTF version only) This Ready-To-Fly (RTF) version includes a controller/transmitter equipped with Spektrum™ DSMX® 2.4GHz technology and everything else you need to fly including AA batteries for the transmitter, a rechargeable lithium polymer battery for the airplane and a USB charger. That means there's nothing extra to buy or provide so you can fly!

Bind-N-Fly® Convenience (BNF Basic version only) This Bind-N-Fly (BNF®) Basic version comes out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum™ 2.4GHz receiver installed, so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible Spektrum DSMX®/DSM2® equipped transmitter (sold separately), install a charged battery (sold separately) and fly!

Key Features

• Updated and upgraded version of the unique and ever-popular slow flyer that’s more fun to fly in more places than ever before
  • Stronger, reinforced airframe to better handle collisions when flying indoors and in low wind conditions outdoors
  • Fly indoors in large rooms, garages, gyms or other suitable spaces, or outdoors in calm/light wind conditions
  • Factory-installed LED lights with the ability to change between different color options to fly day and night
  • Includes everything needed to fly in one box so there’s nothing extra to buy or provide (RTF version only)
  • 100% factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box – no assembly required
  • Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
  • The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
  • Spektrum™ transmitter with industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz technology (RTF version only)
  • Provides telemetry data to compatible transmitters to show flight battery voltage
  • Compatible with 1S 70mAh to 200mAh LiPo batteries for a wide range of performance and flight time options
  • 1S 150mAh LiPo battery and USB charger for long flight times and convenient recharging (RTF version only)
  • More durable metal landing gear that’s easy to unscrew and remove/replace
  • No FAA registration required (under the 250 gram weight limit)

Specifications

• Wingspan: 14.8 in (367mm)
  • Overall Length: 16.5 in (419mm)
  • Flying Weight (with 1S 150mAh 25C battery): 0.9 oz (25g)
  • Motor: Coreless (installed)
  • Receiver/ESC/Servos: Spektrum™ Receiver, ESC and (2) Servo Control Unit (installed)
  • Radio: 5+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter (sold separately for BNF Basic version)
  • Battery: 1S 3.7V 70–200mAh LiPo battery with Ultra Micro connector (sold separately for BNF Basic version)
  • Charger: Compatible LiPo battery charger (sold separately for BNF Basic version)

Needed to Complete

RTF version:

• Nothing! Everything you need to fly is included!

BNF® Basic version:

• 5+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
  • 1S 3.7V 70–200mAh LiPo battery with Ultra Micro connector
  • Compatible LiPo battery charger

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Dec 14, 2020 at 04:58 PM..
Dec 10, 2020, 01:52 AM
Thread OP
The first shipments are on the way to our warehouses in the US and EU now and should be arriving around Christmas. Which means they should start shipping just before or just after the 1st of the year!

E-flite® UMX™ Night Vapor RTF / BNF® Basic (2 min 41 sec)

Flight Talk: E-flite® UMX™ Night Vapor (17 min 2 sec)
Last edited by Jason M; Dec 29, 2020 at 12:59 PM.
Dec 10, 2020, 07:59 AM
Pre-ordered and eagerly awaiting, thank you for making more 1s UMX's!
Dec 10, 2020, 12:53 PM
Subscribed! I've been really interested in getting one of these "micro "stick" style planes. I've been looking at these...

TY Model Black Flyer V2 Carbon Fiber Film RC Airplane With Power System

Dancing Wings Hobby Ice Cream E2306-B50 226mm Wingspan Ultra-light Indoor Mini RC Airplane Beginner With Battery BNF

...but like the quality of E-Flight! Super excited to see the reviews!
Dec 10, 2020, 02:58 PM
The original Night Vapor is one of my favorites. I still enjoy the one I have.

I hope this is a sign of a lot more micros to come, like a UMX Air Tractor.
Dec 10, 2020, 03:27 PM
I would like to see an upgraded Ember. I fly both at the campground.
Dec 10, 2020, 05:50 PM
I hope this is a sign of a lot more micros to come, like a UMX Air Tractor. [/QUOTE]

I'll second the UMX AT. Waiting for that one or alternatively a low/mid wing full house model with the guts of the UMX Timber. I was hoping for that instead of the UMX Turbo Timber.
Dec 10, 2020, 07:05 PM
I finished with 1s batteries and brushed motors years ago.
I am also waiting for a UMX Air Tractor that is lightweight, has lots of power and can do aerobatics.
Dec 10, 2020, 07:22 PM
U R Funny as i have been told by several people that the night vapor is way beyond UR skill level. hahaha
Dec 10, 2020, 10:05 PM
Just a bored guy
Am I the only disappointed at the fact that the Vapor just keeps getting heavier with each iteration? The Night Vapor was 15.4g AUW. I believe the original was 12g. This one is 24g AUW.
Dec 10, 2020, 11:52 PM
Thread OP
It is a few grams heavier than the original Night Vapor (which was actually closer to 21g AUW with the same 1S 150mAh 25C battery I believe) due to the stronger/reinforced airframe and the new electronics, but it's not very noticeable in the handling/flight performance overall.
Dec 11, 2020, 10:56 AM
Can any of the parts of the new model retrofit to the previous (blue/yellow) Night Vapor? I am especially interested in the metal main landing gear which is the first part to fail on the original.

Since the the previous model is no longer listed it would be very much appreciated it there were a list of the new parts which could retrofit. I will probably eventually get the new one but until then it would be great to have parts for the one I still fly. Extended life of parts for discontinued models has always been one of the primary reasons for buying HH at the higher costs. Has that gone away along with the much more usable previous website?
Dec 11, 2020, 11:20 PM
Thread OP
Yes, nearly all of the parts for the new E-flite UMX Night Vapor can be used on the previous ParkZone Night Vapor...including the metal landing gear! The only parts not directly interchangeable are the control board/unit and the mount for it.

That said, all of the ParkZone Night Vapor parts are ALSO available under the E-flite brand now too! I'll ask for a cross reference list (showing the ParkZone item number > corresponding E-flite item number), because when the ParkZone brand was retired most of the parts were transitioned to E-flite so we can continue supporting those now discontinued ParkZone models for years to come. And yes, we will continue supporting discontinued models with spare parts for as many years as possible/practical as we always have in the past. Typically the only reason we stop offering spare parts after a model is discontinued is because the factory has closed or can longer produce them for us.

Also, similar to the previous web site, you need to select "Show Discontinued Items" to see products that are no longer available (see the screenshots attached for reference...both show the results after searching for "Night Vapor" before and after selecting "Show Discontinued Items"). They're still on our web site, they're just not immediately visible along with the available items to reduce load times, prevent confusion, etc.

But again, in the case of the ParkZone Night Vapor and those specific spare parts, they will continue to be available for years to come under the E-flite brand now (in addition to the also compatible parts for the new UMX Night Vapor as well): https://www.horizonhobby.com/search?...=&lang=default
Dec 11, 2020, 11:30 PM
Thread OP
On a related note, although the new web site does function differently than the previous site, one improvement it offers is the ability for us to show "View Alternate Product Details" when a direct replacement/alternative is available for an item that is no longer available. So while we wait for the complete cross reference list, when you're on the product page for any of the now discontinued ParkZone brand parts for the Night Vapor, it will show the direct replacement part under the E-flite brand. For example, the ParkZone Night Vapor Main Wing seen here:

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product.../PKZU1120.html

Shows the alternate E-flite replacement part (same as the ParkZone spare part, now just under the E-flite brand):

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product.../EFLU1320.html
Last edited by Jason M; Dec 11, 2020 at 11:35 PM.
Dec 13, 2020, 02:48 PM
Team WarpSquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
IMPROVED SLOW FLYER FAVORITE

Now with a stronger airframe, customizable LED lighting, plus AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies, the E-flite® UMX™ Night Vapor slow flyer is more fun than ever – indoors and outdoors, day or night!
Fantastic! That is such good news, Jason M!

Crossing fingers that the revised E-flite Night Vapor with AS3X has as long a run and finds as much success as the OG ParkZone Vapor!

Quote:
It is a few grams heavier than the original Night Vapor (which was actually closer to 21g AUW with the same 1S 150mAh 25C battery I believe) due to the stronger/reinforced airframe and the new electronics, but it's not very noticeable in the handling/flight performance overall.
Makes sense that you had to make a slight compromise on weight to make it stronger and add AS3X.

Speaking of which, Jason, does the new AS3X flight control board have the new RF chip that HH/Spektrum has been transitioning to?

Quote:
Yes, nearly all of the parts for the new E-flite UMX Night Vapor can be used on the previous ParkZone Night Vapor...including the metal landing gear! The only parts not directly interchangeable are the control board/unit and the mount for it.
Great to hear the value proposition of spare parts (and service) remaining available for such a long time remains!

I still have an FPV Vapor and the Vapor HP. However, I'll surely be getting the reissued Night Vapor, along with some 70mAh gum stick LiPos, for lighter and slower indoor flying in 2021!

Edit: Pre-ordered!
Last edited by Brainstorm; Dec 13, 2020 at 03:34 PM.

Quick Reply