NEW! Kingcraft Limited Edition (ARF) Super Stearman 1400mm

The Limited Edition Kingcraft Super Stearman is a beautifully finished and highly detailed scale model of this powerful aerobatic biplane.

Splash

Kingcraft Limited Edition

The Stearman is provided in an almost ready to fly format and with some specific assembly procedures to follow. Because of this, it is recommended for modelers with previous ARF assembly experience. Once built you will be rewarded with a stunning looking airplane that performs just like the full size when used with a 1200~1300W motor and 6S Lipoly battery. The detailing includes a realistic dummy engine, raised panels, authentic instrument panel, scale cockpit with pilot, detailed rigging, and dummy oleo struts, all this adds a touch of ultimate realism. Due to this being a "Limited Edition" there is only a certain number of kits available, so don't delay in acquiring one of these beautiful models to add to your collection.

KingCraft Super Stearman ARF 1400mm FR (17 min 36 sec)

Kingcraft Limited Edition ARF Super Stearman 1400mm 6S Balsa/Ply/Composite Maiden flight (23 min 19 sec)

Kingcraft Limited Edition ARF Super Stearman 1400mm 6S (Balsa/Ply/Composite) Unboxing (20 min 59 sec)

Kingcraft Limited Super Stearman DETAILED BUILD PART 1 (25 min 37 sec)

Kingcraft has faithfully reproduced Susan Dacy's "Big Red" Super Stearman which is fitted with a fire-breathing supercharged 450hp Pratt and Whitney engine, this completely transformed its aerobatic capabilities over the original trainer version. The model is constructed mainly of balsa and plywood which is then finished in a high-quality covering leaving only the decals to be applied. Scale details such as the turtle deck, raised paneling, cowl, wheel pants, etc are made from either fiberglass sheet or fiberglass moldings. A very complete hardware pack is supplied which includes a polished aluminum spinner, main wheels, steerable tailwheel assembly, complete RC linkage set, nuts and bolts, and anything else necessary to complete the model. You will only require, glue, motor, ESC, battery, and RC equipment.

Due to the Stearman having a very short nose, a unique removable fiberglass battery tray has been designed to allow the battery to be installed as far forward as possible. This tray is held in place with a thumbscrew and removes the need for any extra ballast to obtain the correct C of G. To fit the aluminum spinner you will require a brushless motor with a reversed shaft, please see related products for the recommended Propdrive motor.

Features:

• Highly detailed accurate model of the Super Stearman
  • Balsa, plywood, and composite construction
  • Realistic dummy radial engine
  • Airfoil shaped landing gear with dummy oleo struts
  • Detailed cockpit with instrument panel and pre-painted pilot
  • Unique battery tray to achieve the correct C of G without extra ballast
  • Full hardware set included

Specs:

• Top Wing Span: 1400mm (55.1")
  • Bottom Wing Span: 1383mm (54.4")
  • Total Wing Area: 59.43sq.dm (884.6sq.in)
  • Fuselage Length: 1110mm (43.7")
  • Flying Weight: 2700~2900g
  • No of RC Channels: 4 or more

Learn More...

For pricing and more information head over to HobbyKing!

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Dec 08, 2020 at 09:08 AM..
Dec 08, 2020, 10:32 AM
A man with too many toys
That sure is a nice looking airplane. I have had several biplanes and I think that the Stearman makes a better RC model than some of the more modern design. One of the best flying designs ever made.

The price seam on the high size for Hobby King. For that price I expected to have motor, ESC and servos included.

Dec 08, 2020, 12:41 PM
Good price in my view. Looks like a darn nice built up plane, seen foam planes a lot higher than this. This is a good looking plane, looks like HK is upping the bar a bit.
Dec 08, 2020, 01:37 PM
I ordered one as I had some extra cash in my paypal. Won't be building it right away as other projects will come first but for how much detail it appears to have I think the price is fair. I've always wanted a Stearman of some sort and this is a nice size so it checked a bunch of boxes for me.
Dec 08, 2020, 01:48 PM
Wow what a beauty!
Dec 08, 2020, 02:18 PM

It's gorgeous

It's gorgeous, however at that price I'd be more inclined to get the Muscle Bipe. https://northwestrc.com/Legacy-54-Mu...me_p_2568.html
Dec 08, 2020, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
It's gorgeous, however at that price I'd be more inclined to get the Muscle Bipe. https://northwestrc.com/Legacy-54-Mu...me_p_2568.html
That is fairly rude, advertising another plane on this thread. Why not just start a separate thread?
Dec 08, 2020, 03:08 PM
JohnVHRC
Kingcraft Limited Super Stearman MAIDEN FLIGHT!! by HobbyKing (7 min 59 sec)
Latest blog entry: Sonicmodell AR PRO FPV WING
Dec 08, 2020, 07:09 PM
Quote:
???? $10 difference between the two. Very close in all other specifications. Why would you even mention this plane in this thread? Not seeing the advantage to your suggestion...especially based on price. The Super Stearman looks far better to me.
Last edited by Lufo; Dec 08, 2020 at 07:21 PM.
Dec 08, 2020, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Muscle-Bipe would be my choice to.
Dec 08, 2020, 07:35 PM
Work hard, play hard
Another vote for the Muscle Bipe.
Dec 08, 2020, 09:36 PM
DFS#000178
While I also think the Muscle Bipe is really nice, it's not a scale airplane. It's scale-inspired but not a scale airplane. This one is.

I really think they went above and beyond with the details. Especially the rivet details and the likes. This raises the bar for balsa ARFs.
Dec 08, 2020, 10:23 PM
CR5
CR5
I liked the, "we're here at the flying field" at the beginning of the video, AKA public road.

What's wrong with pointing out the competition? Especially if they're both good options.
Not like he said this one is junk and the other one it is better.

I don't own a biplane yet, just watched a couple vids before finishing this post.

Whoever they had piloting the muscle bipe in the video I just watched should pilot for every advertising video ever made. Pure insanity, I've never seen anything other than a full on stunt plane do that kind of stuff.

Video to video comparison I'm going muscle bipe if I have to choose. Sorry guys, give me one for free and I'll video a couple flights and try to help sell a few for ya. Flying off a public road and doing basic aerobatics, then bouncing it down the "runway" just isn't showing me it's true abilities or potential.

Scale detail weighs lightly on my scale of must have, just care how it flies.
It did look great though, no doubt about that and seemed to have decent power.

Last edited by CR5; Dec 08, 2020 at 10:34 PM.
Dec 08, 2020, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR5
What's wrong with pointing out the competition? Especially if they're both good options.
Not like he said this one is junk and the other one it is better.

Scale detail weighs lightly on my scale of must have, just care how it flies.

Agreed on both points.
Totally scale RC planes usually don't fly all that good.
Dec 08, 2020, 10:46 PM
I like them both. That being said I'll order neither because I have too many planes, including large Bipes, and HK is disillusioning me because I have been waiting since November 10th for them to ship me my Fat Albert! They have my money and all I have to date is "processing!"

Quick Reply