Dec 06, 2020, 07:58 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Swan K1 TAILSITTER FPV VTOL Official Released

The existing vertical take-off and landing fixed-wing UAVs are mostly used in industrial applications, they are large and expensive. Unless you’re a pro at this, you are very likely to have many kinds of troubles with fly and operate. Therefore, an easy to fly vertical take-off and landing fixed-wing UAV Swan-K1 is developed.

Swan K1 TAILSITTER FPV VTOL Official Released (1 min 6 sec)

Free Shipping(3~15days) All Over the world Right now:
Product Online Purchase:https://insightfpv.com/products/swan-vtol-rtf

Features:

1. Take off and landing vertically.
2. EASY operation, for beginner and expert
3. LIGHT MODULAR airframe, no tools needed, no messy wiring, no complicated connecting procedures.
4. GPS for position hold, return-to-home and flightpath planning
5. ONBOARD 720P/24fps HD FPV camera pairing with an integrated 2.4GHz 10km video/data/RC transmission system, a thrilling FPV
flying experience awaits.
6. COMPATIBLE with action sports camera such as DJI Osmo Action and GoPro
7. NO control surface, adopting differential steering mechanism to alter the direction.
8. 25km FLYING RANGE
9. 40min Fixed-wing endurance, 18min Multi-rotor endurance
10. EMERGENCY FAILSAFE, low-vol/RC loss return-to-home and VTOL assisted protection
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2020, 08:02 AM
Thread OP
H wing Specification:

Empty weight(excluding batteries):1.13kg
Empty weight(including batteries): 1.55kg
Take-off weight(no payload):1.55kg
Max. payload:150g
Battery: 4S60O0mAh Li-ion battery
Propeller: 9x6 self-tightening propeller
Compatible action sports camera:
GoPro 5,6,7,8;DJl Osmo Action
Control range: 10km(radius)
Flying range: 25km(test under no
wind, 50m above sea-level)
19CM
Endurance: [email protected];
[email protected]

Radio Controller Specification

Dimension: 130mm*150mm*20mm
Weight: 525g(excluding batteries)
Frequency: 2.4GHz
Radio battery: Built-in
Operation time: 20h
Charging interface: Micro USB 5V
Operating system: Android
Jan 03, 2021, 10:34 PM
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER (INSIGHTFPV) !!!

I purchased one of these and it would get 16 satellites and not lock home position. They said it only needs 10 satellites to lock. Then the Bluetooth stopped working on the remote control. I was never able to get the motors to unlock to fly it or anything. I contacted INsightFPV and they complained that they didn’t make any profit on sale wanted me to keep trying to get it to work myself which was impossible without working Bluetooth connection. I had to open up PayPal case for return and PayPal will only reimburse $30 for return shipping and that would cost me a lot more than that. INsightFPV did issue a FedEx return label though so grateful for that. I went on their site and ordered another unit and this time it was $144 more as they now charge extra for shipping where when I first ordered I paid $599. INsightFPV then cancelled my order as they didn’t want to sell to me and told me to find another retailer to buy it from.
Last edited by stretch1100; Feb 02, 2021 at 11:52 AM.
Feb 02, 2021, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch1100
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER (INSIGHTFPV) !!!

I purchased one of these and it would get 16 satellites and not lock home position. They said it only needs 10 satellites to lock. Then the Bluetooth stopped working on the remote control. I was never able to get the motors to unlock to fly it or anything. I contacted INsightFPV and they complained that they didn’t make any profit on sale wanted me to keep trying to get it to work myself which was impossible without working Bluetooth connection. I had to open up PayPal case for return and PayPal will only reimburse $30 for return shipping and that would cost me a lot more than that. INsightFPV did issue a FedEx return label though so grateful for that. I went on their site and ordered another unit and this time it was $144 more as they now charge extra for shipping where when I first ordered I paid $599. INsightFPV then cancelled my order as they didn’t want to sell to me and told me to find another retailer to buy it from.
Oh wow! Happy i saw this! Ive had this in my cart all weekend but couldn't find any reviews. I guess ill wait til they fix all the problems.
Mar 18, 2021, 07:16 PM
I get 15 satellites and a lock ... just no video..

maybe a wire's loose inside...
Mar 20, 2021, 05:20 PM
I am in the UK and have recently received an H-Wing retail-sourced from Foxtechfpv.com
The well-known YouTuber Andrew Newton also has one from the same source.

I believe the actual manufacture my be http://en.hequavtech.com/product_center/112.html

Both Andrew in Australia & me in the UK could get a number of satellites showing in the app - but not locking - app screen map still centred on China.

Andrew received a work-round from Foxtechfpv which may have worked for him. I will be trying the same work round in the next 24 hours.

However, Andrew has another problem now - his craft will take off vertically and move around like a quad, but he cannot get it to transition into level, horizontal flight. He has 2 YouTube videos out with the start of his experiences.

I strongly suggest we all wait for Andrew's full review video to appear - hopefully it will give us the answers we need.
Mar 20, 2021, 06:10 PM
Whoa……it flies
Moving the Home Position from China to Australia

Foxtech told me to connect the flight board to QGroundControl (USB or Bluetooth)
Search the parameters list for "SACC"
Change EKF2_REQ_SACC from 0.6 to 1.0 and save parameters
Disconnect from QGC

Power up the HWing, controller and HEQFly as normal.
Should now be able to find satellites and 3d Lock on your home position.

Reconnect to QGroundControl and change EKF2_REQ_SACC back to 0.6 and it should remember your new home position now.

I think 0.6 value is required for accurate position hold but I'm just guessing.

They have also supplied updated firmware and parameter files which I will test soon.
At this stage I can fly in Quad mode but can't switch to Wing mode

GizFPV has flown his Swan K1 H-Wing with no issues, so they do actually fly.

🛩️ SWAN K1 - VTOL H-WING REVIEW (44 min 54 sec)
Mar 21, 2021, 05:41 AM
English instructions from Swan China attached.
I also received an English Quick Start Guide - English version of the Chinese guide packed in each H-Wing. Cannot get it to upload into this post.
Email me if you want a copy.
Last edited by gtaero; Mar 26, 2021 at 08:52 AM.
Mar 24, 2021, 01:03 PM
Essential RC YouTube channel
I have had the H-Wing for a while but not been able to fly it because of lockdown. Very familiar with it now and looking forward to both manual and plan based flight. My first video but I will be flying it myself next week now that the UK RC flying clubs will be open.

INNOVATIVE !!! H-WING VTOL: EASY TO FLY & LONG RANGE RC AERIAL VIDEO SOLUTION | FOXTECH FPV (10 min 32 sec)
Mar 26, 2021, 08:51 AM
Here are notes from my problems encountered with a Foxtechfpv.com sourced H-Wing:
NOTE: I am not connected in any way with either HEQuavtech. com or Foxtechfpv.com, neither would I claim to be any more of an 'expert' than any other 'hobby' flyer.

I recommend you install the latest version of HEQ Fly app, which at the time of writing this post, can be found at:
https://www.pgyer.com/app/installSuc...6f7b00a1c03f82

1) On your Android phone have the following ON (mine running Android version 9)
Bluetooth
GPS Location
Mobile Data

2) General:
Ensure you are in a location with a good mobile phone signal.
How to check GSM signal - See: https://www.gearbest.com/blog/how-to...your-phone-893
First time of trying, just lay the fuselage down on the ground - without motor legs or winglets attached.

3) Start up sequence:
Switch on Tx
Connect battery in fuselage and leave fuselage still and level for 5 seconds.
Connect USB from Tx to phone (message may pop up talking about "Reverse Charging" mode - this is OK, but make sure your phone is fully charged as this mode may allow youphone to charge the Tx !).
Boot up HEQ Fly app - do not also install QGroundControl app on phone.
After 10 seconds of HEQ Fly app being on, tap middle top screen (Bluetooth icon) - drop down screen will appear showing 2 Bluetooth connections - tap on "TP 310" or similar.
First time when app comes on aerial map will have Home position displayed as in China!
Leave fuselage and Tx alone for a good time (me 30 to 40 mins) to get a satellite lock and display aerial map of your real Home position.
After you are happy you have a lock, disconnect main battery and assemble whole H-Wing
Connect up main battery again and wait for app to show "Locked" top left screen.
Go to Settings, top right of screen, select Control and perform the 2 calibrations.

This is as far as I have got - I have not flown mine at all, not even hovering, as my trial area has a poor mobile phone signal, causing the aerial map on screen to 'flash' on and off.

PS I bought mine from Foxtechfpv.com as well, at almost the same time as the well-known You Tuber Andrew Newton - he will be uploading his review within the next 48 hours - watch it.
Andrew & I have both had all sorts of problems, which the above advice's should stop you from having.
Foxtech is NOT the manufacturer of the H-Wing. The real manufacture in Hequavtech.com (also in China). They have been very, very helpful in helping sort out problems. They even sent me a newer version of the HEQ Fly app which worked when the Foxtech version didn't.

PPS I am only a 'hobby' flyer - not commercial.
Last edited by gtaero; Mar 27, 2021 at 04:40 AM.
Mar 26, 2021, 10:26 AM
If when using your Swan k1 or H-Wing, you have trouble seeing your phone screen, due to light reflections, you might want to consider one of these, assuming your phone will fit.

https://www.amazon.com/Headset-iPhon.../dp/B07GX7KH9Q

They seem to be available at Amazon all over the world.
Apr 04, 2021, 06:05 PM

Remote controller Question

Is the Swan HEQ remote control rechargeable or do you need to remove the batteries to charge?
I see the small port next to the USB port but not 100% sure I should connect a charging cable to it.
Last edited by H00ligan; Apr 04, 2021 at 06:10 PM. Reason: added information
Apr 09, 2021, 04:38 PM
it does charge w/the top, right connector
Apr 09, 2021, 04:43 PM
Essential RC YouTube channel
Struggling with mine. It won't arm. 'Get GPS Horizonal Pos Error too high'. Previously I had a "Reject Altitude Control' and 'Preflight Fail: Accels inconsistent - Check Cal'. FoxTech told me to recalibrate accelerometer...and it cleared that error.
Apr 09, 2021, 08:43 PM
You heard from FoxTech? Not a single answer to any of my queries sent to them...

Quick Reply