Dec 19, 2020, 10:48 AM
Time for me to Fly...
I havenít done it this way because Iíve listened to others that tell me it is confusing..... but having read your post, Iím going to try it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnbarrie11
I use the flap stick for throttle. Activated with a switch. This enables the throttle, disables the flaps. Allows for very precise control of the motor in low power settings and is consistent with 50+ years of flying powered planes. At 30 seconds or when I want to shut off, switch flip to Flight and stick to the top. Worked for many years. Honestly don't know why more people don't do it this way. Especially those who have extensive power backgrounds.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ
Team Futaba
Latest blog entry: The latest and greatest
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2021, 02:17 PM
.: Looking for Thermals :.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnbarrie11
I use the flap stick for throttle. Activated with a switch. This enables the throttle, disables the flaps. Allows for very precise control of the motor in low power settings and is consistent with 50+ years of flying powered planes. At 30 seconds or when I want to shut off, switch flip to Flight and stick to the top. Worked for many years. Honestly don't know why more people don't do it this way. Especially those who have extensive power backgrounds.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ
Team Futaba
On my Jeti radio I added a special safety function that as you change motor on/off with a switch, you'll need to, for example, changing from motor to flap mode, get the stick to the upper position to activate flaps and, on the contrary, changing from flap to motor mode (with the same switch) to activate the throttle you'll need to get the stick to the lower position.
Apr 27, 2021, 01:50 PM

stick throttle/flaps on a switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo RW
On my Jeti radio I added a special safety function that as you change motor on/off with a switch, you'll need to, for example, changing from motor to flap mode, get the stick to the upper position to activate flaps and, on the contrary, changing from flap to motor mode (with the same switch) to activate the throttle you'll need to get the stick to the lower position.
This is the missing piece of the puzzle to make stick throttle/flaps on a switch more foolproof, will have to give it a try. Thanks to both for the technique and programming tips.
Apr 27, 2021, 09:00 PM
On my dlg’s I use throttle up to deploy flaps. Not sure why, but learned by myself and it just felt natural and made gripping the transmitter easier to grip with throttle down. So adding electric motor on throttle pretty easy as flaps up and throttle off both using down stick.

Quick Reply