Sep 22, 2021, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo_Dom
. And I have a module inside my T-Lite, and in the module bay of my t8sg. I can fly them with either tx, no need to rebind
Is it possible to clone FRSKY TX between Deviation and Open Tx. I use T8SG Deviation as primary and T12 OpenTx as spare. Have tried to clone FRSKY- no sucess. Seems it works only between OpenTx based radios. Or I'm doing something wrong?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2021, 05:51 AM
Ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noramas
Is it possible to clone FRSKY TX between Deviation and Open Tx. I use T8SG Deviation as primary and T12 OpenTx as spare. Have tried to clone FRSKY- no sucess. Seems it works only between OpenTx based radios. Or I'm doing something wrong?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=22781
Sep 22, 2021, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noramas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
Actually it is possible and i do this with my two radios - T8SG V2 (main) and T-lite (sub).

On the T-lite i created a "Clone TX" model, not that its important to have it as a separate model (Just that i thought i might have to redo it from time to time). Protocol Frsky RX. Select Bind
On the T8SG i select my Frsky model (D8), and select bind
Once the bind is complete i can turn off the T8SG, and on the T-lite i create a new model using protocol Clone D8

Then go back to protocol Clone TX, and select bind again, turn my T8SG and select a D16 model, and bind
repeat the process and then i can use Clone D16 too (Frsky XM+)

Mind you, i dont think i use model numbers on any of my model definitions - not sure if that translates between OTX and Devo
Sep 23, 2021, 08:44 AM
Gone with the Mistral
Anybody knows what is the 'rectangular pad' close to ipex Rx antenna on the FrSky version of the DiamondF4?
It appears to be exactly in line with the RX1 pad which is on the other side. Could it be another RX1 pad?
I ask because after a nice first flight with an EP2 ExpressLRS Rx, I crashed and the 'round RX1 pad' just shears off, there is nothing to solder on now . I really want to keep RX2/TX2 for smartaudio. Thx.
Sep 24, 2021, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztoon13
Anybody knows what is the 'rectangular pad' close to ipex Rx antenna on the FrSky version of the DiamondF4?
It appears to be exactly in line with the RX1 pad which is on the other side. Could it be another RX1 pad?
I ask because after a nice first flight with an EP2 ExpressLRS Rx, I crashed and the 'round RX1 pad' just shears off, there is nothing to solder on now . I really want to keep RX2/TX2 for smartaudio. Thx.
Good question... I had assumed it was an antenna solder pad. I will email Happymodel and ask!
Sep 24, 2021, 02:12 PM
Gone with the Mistral
Quote:
Good question... I had assumed it was an antenna solder pad. I will email Happymodel and ask!
Thx for asking to Happymodel.
I tested continuity on another FC (same DiamondF4) and it seems it is not an RX1 pad . I can't locate another soldering point for RX1...
I wonder why they choose to make the bigger rectangular pads available for RX2/TX2 when (I assume) most of us would choose to keep the smartaudio functionnality. Am I the only one who would like to have the bigger rectangular pads available for RX1/TX1 instead?
Sep 24, 2021, 10:56 PM
Quote:
It's also for SPI RX antenna, if the IPEX3 plug broken , we can still have a backup solution.
Unfortunately it's not a UART. Actually I'm kinda stoked as I wanted a lightweight antenna solution.
Sep 26, 2021, 12:09 AM
Ninja
Hey guys, I got to fly my Moblite7 for the first time today and love it! I had a failsafe at 390' while flying low and behind some trees

Question - On the OSD it shows drawing 3 amps at idle with motors off and 20some amps while flying. How do I fix that?

Here is a video of a really sweet spot I found to practice at. The building hasn't been used for years so there's never anybody there. I'm a noob to quads and FPV and have only about a dozen flights so far and it really shows with how jittery I am in the vid but I'll eventually get it

September 25, 2021 (7 min 53 sec)
Sep 26, 2021, 12:24 AM
Ninja
Another question, can I use a Happymodel EP2 receiver on this? I'm ok with the SPI receiver range but I need to use a multi-module to get D8 mode. If I had an ExpressLRS receiver I could just leave that module in all the time.
Sep 26, 2021, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Another question, can I use a Happymodel EP2 receiver on this? I'm ok with the SPI receiver range but I need to use a multi-module to get D8 mode. If I had an ExpressLRS receiver I could just leave that module in all the time.
Sure you can. T1/R1 and set up that port for serial rx, and configure receiver protocol to Crsf.
Sep 26, 2021, 10:20 AM
Ninja
Quote:
Sure you can. T1/R1 and set up that port for serial rx, and configure receiver protocol to Crsf.
Excellent, thanks! If/when I swap over I may ask for some more details if Iím unsure of something as this is all new to me
Sep 26, 2021, 10:20 AM
Ninja
Is there a specific glue that is notably better than others at repairing a cracked frame?
Sep 26, 2021, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Is there a specific glue that is notably better than others at repairing a cracked frame?

I like Welders, works good for me.
Sep 26, 2021, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Would love to go to Expresslrs on this but would also like to get a good vtx antenna to properly use the so called 200mw vtx.
Last edited by TURBOOMNI; Sep 26, 2021 at 05:05 PM.
Sep 26, 2021, 07:38 PM
Quote:
I used Foam-tac, similar to Welders. I also put glue, then a tiny strip of Blemderm tape as a "bandaid" over a crack, then another top-coat of glue. Adds more weight but I found glue-only repairs didnt last long before splitting back open.

Quick Reply