Dec 02, 2020, 01:49 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Horizon UMX'S

Does it seem like to you guys that the awesome UMX planes are slowly going away? I sure hope and pray they will continue to develop scale UMX models. They are really awesome flying miniature models.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2020, 08:57 AM
It's been mentioned a few times on the Horizon Air Hangout Show that they are not going away. The processor chip that was used in all the previous UMX's was stopped being produced by their supplier and they've had to change to a different chip. This has delayed getting more UMX's to market.
Dec 02, 2020, 11:59 AM
Appreciate that information it helps staying patience for something new. Trying not to buy more discontinued models like another UMX Aero Commander.
Dec 02, 2020, 06:58 PM
yank and bank!!
HH seems to love discontinuing planes anyway....
Dec 02, 2020, 07:35 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Love? No. Making good business sense? Oh yes. If a plane is not producing enough sales to justify costs, out it goes. Popular planes stay in inventory.
Dec 02, 2020, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
Love? No. Making good business sense? Oh yes. If a plane is not producing enough sales to justify costs, out it goes. Popular planes stay in inventory.
Exactly
Dec 02, 2020, 10:49 PM
I am still waiting for a fairly large but lightweight and powerful low wing with flaps UMX airplane. I thought of a UMX Air Tractor.

I like flying my UMX Timber, Aero Commander, Yak and Pitts. Occasionally I fly my UMX Mustang and Icon A5. My UMX Carbon Cub still flies but my UMX Timber is much better. My UMX F-16 is a lead sled and my Sbach is finished.
I sold my UMX Radian.
Last edited by Audioguru again; Dec 05, 2020 at 08:04 PM.
Dec 02, 2020, 10:55 PM
Won't be UMX if it's fairly large.
Even the Aero Commander is borderline UMX.
Dec 03, 2020, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66
Won't be UMX if it's fairly large.
Even the Aero Commander is borderline UMX.
Maybe it's time for HH to bring back the 280 sized planes. I always wanted the Viking and the Inversa, QQ Edge and P51 were all good flyers from my understanding.
Dec 03, 2020, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
Maybe it's time for HH to bring back the 280 sized planes. I always wanted the Viking and the Inversa, QQ Edge and P51 were all good flyers from my understanding.
I still have QQ and Inversa.. Easy to fly

05 18 15 Inverza Hovering & Harrying Low (4 min 11 sec)
Dec 03, 2020, 06:12 PM
Loved the QQ Edge it flew great.
Dec 04, 2020, 11:03 AM
So on the Horizon Realflight Live show yesterday I asked if there were anymore Eflite releases coming before the end of the year. Jason replied that there would be and that it was small. Take that for what it is but maybe there will be a new UMX released very soon???
Dec 04, 2020, 05:22 PM
The Ultrix is too small for me and I do not have any single cell batteries. Since it needs two of the new brushless motors then maybe one motor will not produce enough power to let a small airplane to do any aerobatics.

My 2-cells batteries and motors produce plenty of power in my larger UMX airplanes for lots of aerobatics.
Dec 04, 2020, 06:15 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Audioguru: "... Since it needs two of the new brushless motors then maybe one motor will not produce enough power to let a small airplane to do any aerobatics."

Ultrix: "He don't know me very well, do he?"

https://youtu.be/PHsQYbwuj0E?t=114
Dec 05, 2020, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
Audioguru: "... Since it needs two of the new brushless motors then maybe one motor will not produce enough power to let a small airplane to do any aerobatics."

Ultrix: "He don't know me very well, do he?"

https://youtu.be/PHsQYbwuj0E?t=114
I like seeing a model airplane flying, not a little dessert plate.

Quick Reply