Dec 14, 2020, 02:52 PM
I agree, I prefer the high visibility and high contrast bottom view
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2020, 07:40 PM
Beginner flight RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher
We find that the vast majority of our customers want a high-visibility, high contrast scheme on the bottom of aerobatic aircraft. Year after year. So, we’ll keep doing that.

What I cannot understand is posts asking for opinions about a person’s personal tastes. I don’t understand the purpose of asking other people for their opinions about what one happens to like. But whatever, there are many ways to enjoy this hobby, and all are legitimate. Everyone should fly what they like and makes them happy.
I also like high visibility, as I all think, but I have seen more beautiful ones in my opinion, this is a hobby, on the forum we discuss everything I do not see what harm there is to ask for an opinion on the beauty of a graphic whether you like it or not.
Dec 14, 2020, 08:11 PM
I work for ExtremeFlightRC
Changing the orientation of stripes on the bottom of an aircraft is neither difficult nor expensive, so it’s a viable option. If you’re unsure of the method, post a question in the build and repair thread for guidance.
Dec 19, 2020, 03:49 AM
Beginner flight RC
Plane change I do first great success for this tread.
Jan 03, 2021, 06:30 PM
Yep! I'm addicted.....
So, is anyone else planning on doing a electric build / set up on this plane? I just ordered some 6061 to make my stand off's for the motor I'm using and just ordered all my Secraft hardware for my servos and rudder pull / pull cables. I have been fixing my 73" Laser with a new motor box so its kept me occupied while I've been collecting everything I need for the 91. Needless to say I will be anxious to get it together when I have everything ready to go. Just need a spinner still and my servo extensions. Just cant decide on the spinner color from EF, if the darker blue they have in stock will match the plane or wait for the lighter color? I Could use some input on those that have one for the color choice. TIA,
Matt
Jan 04, 2021, 06:06 PM
Quote:
So, is anyone else planning on doing a electric build / set up on this plane?
I've had the XPWR60/12S5000 setup in one. Honks it along with authority, as one would expect. I've got a fresh GP76 which I'll be installing in the 91, and the XPWR will go back into my 95" Extra 330sc. The 91" is a fine subject for electric, works very well.
Jan 09, 2021, 06:18 PM
I recently completed my electric setup and have now had just shy of a dozen flights. (I’m using the recommended XPWR 60cc/CC160HV setup spinning the Falcon Carbon Electric 24x13. HS7955’s running on 2s). Various 6s 5000 packs from 720-870g per. I included some pics below for battery placement for CG in case helpful. I had initially planned on the 91 Laser but when I heard EF would be coming out with a V2 of their amazing Extra, I had to wait. The quality is outstanding, the build was surprisingly quick, and the new quick connect system makes setup/breakdown so fast it blows my mind. I had some questions about proper airflow so I sent an email to EF: got a very detailed and helpful response from Chris Hinson himself (don’t you love EF’s customer service). I followed his advice and put a baffle on one side of the cowl and left the other open to allow air to flow over the ESC (mounted on the side), and then opened up the three holes in the firewall to bring that air over the batteries and out the bottom exits. I’ve owned many EF planes but this is my first step up to this size.

The flight characteristics are terrific: very precise (it is an Extra after all), and has the most stable post stall mannerisms of anything I’ve flown. Even with a pair of heavy (870g) 6s 5000 packs it still feels floaty. I haven't pushed the tumbling too hard at this point (some KE spins, a few lower-energy crankshafts), but it definitely seems game. It doesn’t feel as snappy as my friend’s 85 Edge (which feels much more aggressive in tumbles) , but when you look at the Extra’s wing area, it’s a much bigger bird.

Here’s a short clip from a vid someone took of one of my first few flights. Just fooling around (and my skills are nowhere near where most of you guys are at) but it shows a little of both precision and post stall characteristics.

Short clip of my new 91” EF Extra V2 (1 min 50 sec)
Jan 09, 2021, 06:23 PM
Oops, looks like I accidentally posted the video link twice. I’m new ��
Jan 09, 2021, 07:33 PM
I think your skills are just fine! Very nice flying and the plane looks very well mannered as well. Great job
Jan 09, 2021, 08:42 PM
Nice setup, nice work, great flying!
Jan 09, 2021, 09:51 PM
Yep! I'm addicted.....
Looking good, nice flying! Thanks for posting!
Jan 10, 2021, 03:53 AM
Big Bushy with a STING (errrr)
Agree with the others. Nothing wrong with those skills. Good job
Jan 10, 2021, 04:47 AM
Treehouse2,

Nicely done and love your work sir - very tidy.

All the Best

Danny
Jan 10, 2021, 10:46 AM
Yep! I'm addicted.....
Treehouse,
How many MAH are you putting back into your flight packs for the receiver and servos and how much flight time are you getting for an example of your video you posted?
Jan 10, 2021, 04:39 PM
I do appreciate the positive feedback fellas. MASH76, I’ve been setting my timer to 4:30 for aggressive flying and 5:30 for more moderate flights and am putting back in to my 5000’s around 3300- 3800 mAh. In terms of my receiver packs I’d say anywhere from 250 to 450 Mah per flight total. (I’m using two, 2550 Pulse 2s receiver packs through a 12ch Spektrum PowerSafe.) I’ve borrowed a set of 8000’s to test out this week to see what the flight time’s will be. The plane is so floaty I’ve got no doubt it won’t mind the extra weight.

Quick Reply