Dec 05, 2020, 02:53 PM
Yep! I'm addicted.....
I have been looking but cant find anything to confirm that the rudder is removable. Can anyone help me on this? Thank you,
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2020, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash76 View Post
I have been looking but cant find anything to confirm that the rudder is removable. Can anyone help me on this? Thank you,
I could be wrong but doesn’t look like it’s removable. These pictures could be from prototypes but I’m not seeing a hole for the rudder rod to be removable from the factory
Dec 05, 2020, 05:34 PM
Yep! I'm addicted.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
I could be wrong but doesn’t look like it’s removable. These pictures could be from prototypes but I’m not seeing a hole for the rudder rod to be removable from the factory
I think you might be correct. Lucky for me I own a truck It will be interesting getting my 92 edge and the new Extra in the back at the same time. The Extra will have to sit diagonally to fit. I think it 7'7" total in length from spinner to tail. That or I get a tailgate extender, which might be the better option.
Dec 05, 2020, 08:26 PM
You can also lose an inch or two for transport just by turning the rudder all the way to one side
Dec 06, 2020, 06:46 PM
Yep! I'm addicted.....
Plane should arrive on Wed. I will need a few things to start the build, but I do have a motor and esc waiting for it that I have had for awhile for another 50/60cc build. I havent been flying for about three years and just started back up again. I'm excited to get this, as I wanted to get the 1st version of this plane before I took my break. I'll have my thumbs back by the time I finish the build as I have been flying once or twice a week now. Guess I should clean up my build table and get it ready.
Dec 06, 2020, 09:56 PM
Mash I have an f 150 with a six ft bed. I drop the tailgate and can haul big planes with ease. Congratulations on the new bird!
Dec 07, 2020, 12:01 PM
Yep! I'm addicted.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppterX View Post
Mash I have an f 150 with a six ft bed. I drop the tailgate and can haul big planes with ease. Congratulations on the new bird!
Thank you! Looking forward to it.
Dec 08, 2020, 10:53 PM
Anyone receive their Plane from EF? Placed the order Dec 1st and has not gotten any shipping notice yet. Called yesterday and was told it will go out Tuesday but still no shipping notice after more than a week.
Dec 09, 2020, 09:50 AM
Yep! I'm addicted.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondon View Post
Anyone receive their Plane from EF? Placed the order Dec 1st and has not gotten any shipping notice yet. Called yesterday and was told it will go out Tuesday but still no shipping notice after more than a week.
Mine should arrive today, ordered from Northwest RC. Extreme was out of stock by the time I checked out the site.
Dec 09, 2020, 11:49 AM
I usually get my stuff from Tim as well but when EF released this one, I got so anxious and order it right away since I just crash my SW Laser.
Dec 09, 2020, 07:21 PM
Yep! I'm addicted.....
Got it! It’s pretty awesome. Packing is fantastic and was shipped on a pallet to my work, no damage to the boxes, and everything pristine inside. The wheel pants are hiding the cardboard, that hold the tail of the plane for shipping so don’t throw them away on accident.
Dec 11, 2020, 02:57 PM
Beginner flight RC
Hey guys, I've been waiting a long time to see the new Extra but I don't really like this graphic, especially the stripes below it looks like a highway sign. Of course everyone has his tastes but what do you think?
Dec 14, 2020, 11:27 AM
Yep! I'm addicted.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiore69 View Post
Hey guys, I've been waiting a long time to see the new Extra but I don't really like this graphic, especially the stripes below it looks like a highway sign. Of course everyone has his tastes but what do you think?
Well I bought one so I might be a little biased. I think a high contrast top / bottom pattern is great. There is a reason signs and marking use a chevron pattern, its easy for your eyes to pick it up and stand out against a background. I have always bought color schemes that had a very distinct difference in patterns and usually a checkerboard, or stripped pattern. Maybe I'm still just a rookie and like the difference.
Dec 14, 2020, 12:05 PM
I work for ExtremeFlightRC
We find that the vast majority of our customers want a high-visibility, high contrast scheme on the bottom of aerobatic aircraft. Year after year. So, we’ll keep doing that.

What I cannot understand is posts asking for opinions about a person’s personal tastes. I don’t understand the purpose of asking other people for their opinions about what one happens to like. But whatever, there are many ways to enjoy this hobby, and all are legitimate. Everyone should fly what they like and makes them happy.
Dec 14, 2020, 02:05 PM
Couldn’t agree more. If you don’t like it rip it off and put on something else. What matters to me is that I can tell the difference between top and bottom.

Quick Reply