Dec 01, 2020, 03:11 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Old Cracked Decals

The attached photo is one of the decals included with my nearly 30 year old large-scale Guillows kit. I've finished the plane buildng part, but am now faced with old cracked decals that fracture into tiny pieces upon wetting. Because of the contours and textures on the plane I have decided that Humbrol Decal Fix is going to be the best product (if the decals were new in good condition). My research show it to be better than the other brands So my question is, what is the best spray-on product to make the decals hold together for the wetting and application process? And will it interfere with my using of the Humbrol Decal Fix?
Thank you
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2020, 05:20 AM
Those decals are common enough that i would look to replace them with new decals or graffix . Doesnt seem worth the risk ruining your model trying to save those bad decals. Major Decals is one source for decals, im sure there are others......Gene
Dec 02, 2020, 12:20 PM
Thread OP
I've done my due diligence in research. Is Testor's Decal Bonder spray what I'm looking for?

Quick Reply