Nov 26, 2020, 10:24 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

PhoenixRC and Jumper T18

Hi everyone,

Not quite sure if this was answered, but I couldn't find it using the search button.

I know there is a USB Dongle on Amazon and eBay that that is compatible with various radio control transmitter, but since the Jumper T18 can be connected directly to a computer via USB, is a dongle still necessary for it to work with PhoenixRC?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2020, 09:08 AM
jumper radio can connect directly to the pc on usb the trouble is phoenix doesnt work like that.

if you fly helis consider getting AccuRC its cheap and easily one of the best if not the best out there.

setup is really simple just follow this video

Configuring Taranis transmitters with AccuRC (5 min 48 sec)
Dec 01, 2020, 01:42 PM
unRegistered User
Phoenix is abandonware but still works great - bought it when it was first released. I used XPS tx/rx back in the day when 2.4 was in its infancy - they had receivers with PPM out, like 10 or more years ago and I had mine set up wireless when they were available. When I dumped XPS I just got a cheap Frsky RX with PPM out and use that now (~10).

The "?? in one" dongles work well. I've helped others with them - though I like the ones with the 4 position switch. Easy to open up and solder up a +,-,PPM receiver cable and no wonky software to switch modes. Signal and power to the RX from the USB port. They come with CD's but I wouldn't trust the contents and just get Phoenix from referenced sites in this forum.

Frsky has a wireless dongle that will do this out of the box but I am pretty sure it doesn't work with Phoenix.

No cable is nice when you use a 65" 4k TV to sim - PC is in another room as well
Dec 01, 2020, 08:20 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Flyingade, pwkpete! I have a feeling that was the case. I will take a look at AccuRC.

For the setup you're referring to, using that ?? dongle. Is it similar to using this pre-made adapter? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32994087955.html

I am assuming your way would be much cheaper, and cleaner than having to attach another board to the dongle.
Dec 01, 2020, 09:22 PM
unRegistered User
My way is essentially free. This is a picture of the last one I did.

That adapter is nice especially if you can't open up the dongle. If you are in the hobby, you likely have more than enough soldering skills and equipment to do it. Just tap +/- off the USB outermost pins and grab the PPM from the center in the audio jack)

Nice to have a new supported simulator, but you get the same level of finger training from the older ones, and Phoenix still looks good. I used to have Reflex prior to Phoenix, that was also very well done. I have not run it since I sold it, nor have I tried XTR2. I still use Phoenix a couple times a week keeping my basics from getting rusty.
Dec 01, 2020, 09:57 PM
Thread OP
Nice!

Is there a specific receiver you would recommend using with the dongle? Unless, it doesn't matter.
Dec 01, 2020, 10:15 PM
unRegistered User
I use Frsky D8 compatible but I have a QX7 and a TX16S. I believe your Jumper supports D8 as well, but I think newer Frsky TX's dropped D8. Otherwise any RX that supports PPM out that is compatible with your radio or multi protocol.

This one is almost exactly like the ones I use: Banggood 8CH mini RX It just has a header on it, but it includes the cable. Everything you need except soldering iron and solder...
Last edited by pwkpete; Dec 01, 2020 at 10:24 PM.
Dec 02, 2020, 01:58 AM
Thread OP
Perfect! Thanks pwkpete!
Dec 18, 2020, 12:54 PM
I tested a PhoenixRC Joystick emulator with a logitec joystick, ws2000 and the adruino connected to an ar610 receiver.
See the zip file for how to install and use it.

on this website you can see how to build a adruino with a reciver. Link: https://www.modelbouwforum.nl/thread...ftware.239328/

Regards, Ballie
Dec 18, 2020, 01:06 PM
unRegistered User
Very cool!
Dec 21, 2020, 10:10 PM
Thread OP
Nice! Something to do as a weekend project. Thanks Ballie!

Quick Reply