This thread is privately moderated by VicT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 26, 2020, 12:58 PM
Thread OP
Alert

Timber stab tube failure

I found a loose stab on preflight caused by a broken CF stab joiner. I separated the 2 pieces and used the shattered ends as ends for the tube . I used CA and Monocote backing to glue the cracks shut. I found an inner CF tube and turned it down with 80 grit paper while spinning it in a Dremel. I used about 1.5 inches to joine he 2 clean ends together using CA.
I has to insert the repaired tube into the plastic fuselage hole one way as there was a repair bump that restricted entry.
This plane and parts are discontinued so parts are hard to get
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply