Nov 26, 2020, 06:36 AM
Thread OP
Build Log

De Havilland T.K. 4 LW PLA

Hello friends of 3d printed planes, I wanted to introduce you to my current project. a pair of data, scale 1: 6, wingspan 1 meter, planned take-off weight max 700 grams. Airfoil SD6060 for the wing NACA 009 for the H and V-stab.
The 3D construction is completed.
Now the process of creating 3D print data begins. The data will be optimized for LW materials in order to reduce empty runs.
Now we will see how it peforms here the first pictures
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2020, 07:19 PM
That looks great, but no landing gear?

I would love to see this sized up to accommodate 70 mm wheels and printed in LW-PLA. Possibly with alternative materials, like carbon and foam wing skins and tail surfaces, to save weight.
Latest blog entry: Radian Flight Test Project
Dec 02, 2020, 02:01 PM
Thread OP
Thanks yes you are right no landing gear for this size the origin plane is realy smal so for this scale the wing thickness is to smal. On the other hand the auw will be not high so i think a hand launch will not be a problem. Tomorow i finished the printed part of the fus so i will post any news from the project regards frank
Last edited by Scalepainter; Dec 02, 2020 at 02:07 PM.
Dec 02, 2020, 02:24 PM
Are you using the scale wing planform? Scale size tail?
Dec 02, 2020, 03:28 PM
Thread OP
I use this Plan from Timo Sparkloff translated it in a 3D modell and Scale in down Original Plan is 1:4 my modell is 1:6 so i'm good things that it works��. https://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums...?th=113438&p=7
Dec 02, 2020, 08:47 PM
Ooooo. I would love to see it in quarter scale.

The only plans for the T.K. 4 I've been able to find are for the control line racer model. Where did you get Sparkloff's plan - eBay?
Dec 03, 2020, 12:57 AM
Thread OP
Hello you can buy the Plan here https://shop.vth.de/catalogsearch/re...avilland+T.K.4
Dec 03, 2020, 12:02 PM
Thanks. What is the difference between the "plan" and the "construction plan"?

I take it the dxf data are for the individual parts only, and do not show the overall shape of the plane?
Dec 03, 2020, 01:16 PM
Thread OP
Hello the left is only pdf Download in the middle ist printed paper A1 the right is DXF the content is the same at all
Dec 03, 2020, 01:38 PM
Thanks. In that case, I may get the DXF.
Dec 03, 2020, 08:31 PM
Well, I guess I had a 50/50 chance of getting it right, and I got it wrong. The DXF files don't include everything. As I suspected, they only have the parts. So I had to purchase the pdf after I purchased the dxf. But at least the pdf is in vector format, so I've been able to import it into CAD and I'll be able to work with it. And the dxf may still prove to be useful.
Dec 04, 2020, 10:32 AM
Thread OP
Then the description on the website is unfortunately not clearly a shame. I have the magazine in the subscription there is the printed plan as an attachment but everything in all a great plane that is worth the effort in my opinion
Dec 04, 2020, 01:22 PM
Yeah, 30 Eur is not the most money I've wasted on something I may not need! I'll survive.

For my purposes, even fixed gear would be better than a belly lander. I'm also intrigued by the idea of being able to print a quarter scale model!
Dec 04, 2020, 04:04 PM
Thread OP

Printed Fuselage

I have finished printing the fuselage, while preparing the wings, I may still design a fixed landing gear. I have attached a few pictures of the printed fuselage for the connection use i the same technik as 3D labprint

Quick Reply