Nov 25, 2020, 06:48 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Sterling Corvette

Hello gentleman

I have recently purchased a lovely old sterling Corvette. I have read all through most of the threads already posted here and found out some really useful information. So thanks to you all so far. I do still have a few questions. Mine has a fibre glass hull, I cannot find any information or adverts relating to this. So is it a Sterling Model ? Its very old was fitted with an old Diesel engine (not glow) Its a rare beast here in the UK I do know of a few others. Also what sort of electric motor would be suitable do you think ? Its heavy ! around 7 KGs with nothing in it. Mine also has had some spray strips added ? you should just be able to see them in the photograph. Not sure why? Any comments or thought would be greatly welcome .

Many Thanks John
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2020, 12:12 PM
So is it a Sterling Model ?

The Sterling Chris-Craft Corvette wood kit is 48" long. What is the size of your boat?
Nov 25, 2020, 01:57 PM
Thread OP
Hi Dodgy. Its also 48 inches. I do have another wooden one as well, will try and get it out the loft and do some photos side by side. :-)

Quick Reply