Nov 29, 2020, 05:32 PM
your focus needs more focus
Flies great! Hopefully they just send you free wings if everything else is in order.

cheers!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2020, 05:41 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzpilot
Flies great! Hopefully they just send you free wings if everything else is in order.
cheers!
I bet, bought mine after seeing one at my club. Flew great and on another day in a little wind/gusts as well.

Like the landing gear......

I'm going to call them tomorrow, it's been a week and thought I'd have swing set by now.
Dec 01, 2020, 07:27 PM
I opened a second kit I bought and the securing tabs were damaged as yours were.

Stupid packaging error on the factory's part. If you flip the fuselage around the wings fit with the anodized tabs towards the center of the box instead of the outer perimeter as delivered with NO FOAM to protect shipping and handling issues.

Pure carelessness on quality control. I fixed mine without removing the covering....YMMV

cheers

PS, before the horizon take over, the old Tower's CS would likely have resolved your issue by now.
Last edited by jzpilot; Dec 01, 2020 at 07:42 PM.
Dec 01, 2020, 09:18 PM
Pro Bro #1963
Simages.......
Can you not just fix your damage???? Might be a lot faster.
Also, you're not planning on using the prop that was in the one pic are you?
Dec 01, 2020, 10:00 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by flygilmore
Simages.......
Can you not just fix your damage???? Might be a lot faster.Also, you're not planning on using the prop that was in the one pic are you?
Although the ribs and brackets are busted up pretty bad. Yes, I could fix them both however; I didn't pay Tower Hobbies/Horizon Hobbies to send me a broken kit. Especially, having it broken at a stress point.....

That 12x6 prop your referring to is a picture of my Mini Ultra Stik.... I'm starting with a APC 14 x 7E on the Uproar.
Dec 02, 2020, 02:16 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Thread OP

Finally heard back with a status......

Wing set was ordered and will be shipped..... guess I can start on the fuselage and tail feathers now that I know I don't have to swap out the whole kit. Only took 11 days, 4 emails and one phone call.
Dec 02, 2020, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simages
Wing set was ordered and will be shipped..... guess I can start on the fuselage and tail feathers now that I know I don't have to swap out the whole kit. Only took 11 days, 4 emails and one phone call.
Dec 03, 2020, 06:35 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Thread OP

Wing Set.......

Will arrive Saturday as well as a decal sheet........ so, I can get started with the fuselage.......

Nope, No Saturday delivery..... However; it just showed up today and no RMA to return the other wing. That's good, don't have to mess with shipping it back. Wing set was packed in a huge box and paper, but parts were nicely packed with bubble wrap in it's own perfect size box to include ailerons and wing tube. Hell, they should just drop that box into the original ARF kit because I'm not the only one who had broken wings upon arrival....

I'll get to it as soon as I finish covering my "CG Clipped Wing Cub".
Last edited by simages; Dec 06, 2020 at 01:05 PM.
Dec 09, 2020, 03:44 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Thread OP

Back at it.......

Had a nice sunny morning at the field and flew a few flights and saw a buddy's Uproar fly again...... So, I'm inspired to get mine ready! Glad I have 2 work benches to keep projects going.
Dec 09, 2020, 06:37 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Thread OP
Had to make the servo brackets for the wings...... shouldn't have to, but.......
Dec 10, 2020, 08:56 AM
It was designed around the tactic 25 servos (now onyx S25 servos) which are a different size, hence the servo cutouts not fitting your smaller servos. Be aware that the torque on the servo pictured is significantly lower than the S25's (50~60oz/in versus over 80 oz/in) so you'll probably have some blowback if flying with some speed and expecting full deflection.
This can be mitigated a little by using maximum travel volume in your radio (150% on most tx's) the outer hole in the control horn, and a shorter servo arm. Servos normally move 30 degrees ea way with default travel, and if you max out the electronic travel they move 45 ea way. the greater movement allows the use of a shorter servo arm and longer control horn attachement point, thus providing more mechanical advantage (think shifting down from 4th gear to 2nd gear for a higher effective torque to go up a hill ). the only negative is that if you have to trim from the transmitter away from neutral, the servo may stop moving before you reach full stick movement. It's a tiny amount that I've never found to be an issue. this is actually my normal process on most planes and has been for decades. I setup everything with the outermost hole in the control horn , 150% travels, and then select the servo arm length that provides enough movement. This is like shifting to a lower gear so you have more effective torque (and also better resolution/precision) at the expense of a tiny bit of speed in the servo travel. Even with aggressive 3D on other planes I rarely find the control surface speed difference to matter yet the increased precision and torque are a great benefit. the amount of surface movement is determined by the ratio of servo arm to control horn. (1 to 1 with 150% travel for 45 degrees movement for example). Once the movement is determined by that ratio then it's best to use the longest arm/horn you can find. this decreases mechanical hysteresis (freeplay). When things are new connections are tight but say you have a clevis pin wear over time or a z-bend wear out the hole in the servo arm. If you have say a 5mm long arm and horn (from pivot point) and 1mm of freeplay in the clevis pin or z-bend, or whatever connector you're using, you end up with a LOT of freeplay in the control surface. If the arm/horn are both 10mm you haven't changed the surface movement but you've halved the effects of freeplay,.. at 20mm you've cut the freeplay movement in the surface to 1/4. These are just numbers I pulled out of the air for illustration, I'm not suggesting 5/10/20mm arms , just that longer on both sides is better, and the ratio provides the amount of movement at the control surface.
Last edited by GWRIGHT; Dec 10, 2020 at 09:04 AM.
Dec 10, 2020, 11:01 AM
AMA# SIMAGES
Thread OP
@GWRIGHT ........

Gary, thanks again for your feedback and information. When I woke up this morning, I found myself questioning my application when I sat back down at the table. Then I saw that you posted and I'm glad you did because you validated my indecisiveness. I have to say that the torque of 50 vs 80 is significant like you mentioned and that is something I kind of missed....... I should know better micro vs mini.....

After seeing the Uproar fly again yesterday which are equipped with the Tactic TSX25 servos and it flies great!

So, after reading your post a few times...... I decided to back up and not use the HiTec servos after all because the UPROAR doesn't deserve to lose any "full deflection". That being said; I ordered 4 x Onyx S25 and should they be here in a day or 2.

Finished the control surface hinging so, I'll jump to the fuselage.
Dec 10, 2020, 12:46 PM
A man with too many toys

Servos

After much searching I finally found the perfect replacement for Tactic TSX25 servos. It's the KingMax CLS2875H. It's exactly the same size and has a coreless motor. Who know that might be the same company that made the Tactic TSX25. The Onyx S25 is smaller and does NOT have a coreless motor.

I did do some research on that company and they make hundreds of different servos including very high performance servos with brushless servos. They are very popular in Asia.

I found two sources in US:
https://gator-rc.com/kingmax-mini-me...al-hv-cls2875h

https://www.f3aunlimited.com/kingmax...al-hv-cls2875h

I found a source in China that sells them for about half he price of the US stores. https://www.zyhobby.com/products/kin...i-tail-zyhobby

I ordered a set from ZY Hobby and it took slightly over 2 weeks to arrive. So if you what to save money that would be the place to get them.

I did take the back cover off of one to see how they were made. Looked like high quality manufacturing and the wires had potting compound on them where they connected to the PC board.

Last edited by RC Man; Dec 10, 2020 at 12:51 PM.
Dec 10, 2020, 12:49 PM
A man with too many toys

CLS2875H Servo Specifications

Features
High voltage capable
High performance programmable digital high voltage servo
High-precision aluminum gears with hard anodizing
High quality coreless motor
Plastic case with aluminum center
Dual ball bearings
Plastic control arms and mounting screws (included)

Specifications
Operating Speed (5.0V): 0.12sec/60 degrees
Operating Speed (6.0V): 0.10sec/60 degrees
Operating Speed (7.4V): 0.08sec/60 degrees
Operating Speed (8.4V): 0.07sec/60 degrees
Stall Torque (5.0V): 7.60kg.cm (105.56oz/in)
Stall Torque (6.0V): 8.40kg.cm (116.67oz/in)
Stall Torque (7.4V): 10.0kg.cm (138.90oz/in)
Stall Torque (8.4V): 11.0kg.cm (152.79oz/in)

Dimensions: 35 x 15 x 29mm /1.38 x 0.59 x 1.14 in
Weight: 28g (0.99oz)
Connector Wire Length: 260mm (10.14in)
Connector Type: JR Universal
Dec 10, 2020, 01:13 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Thread OP
@RC Man....
Thanks for the info and those are nice servos for sure. Although the Onyx S25 are not "Coreless" they are the same size as the Tactic servos.

Length - 36mm
Width - 15mm
Height - 29mm
Weight is the same at 25g.

I have another project coming up and I just might gives these KingMax CLS2875H a try.

Great information especially for anyone searching forums for UPROAR help.......

Quick Reply