Thread Tools
Nov 23, 2020, 04:45 PM
iSlope
Pisaneli's Avatar
Thread OP
Discussion

Wasabi F3F


Hi guys

Anyone flying the Wasabi in the USA? Just received mine today.

Fit and finish is excellent and on par with top manufacturers.

For a reasonable price you get all MPX connector already assembled with all the cables in the fuse and wings, fuselage servos plug’n’play, full ballast set, … . LDS with servo frames glued in are upon request.

Fuselage is full carbon, only nose cone is from glass but really strong.

Not much building to do, install servos, programm and you're good to go.

Regards,
Gorazd
Last edited by Pisaneli; Nov 24, 2020 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Text edit
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2020, 10:50 AM
Deniable plausibility
Shedofdread's Avatar
Cool new aeroplane there Mr. P....
Nov 25, 2020, 08:17 AM
Registered User
Cool stuff! I've just received and maided my Orden from RTG a few days ago... I was in doubt between a Wasabi and an Orden, the Orden could be delivered a bit sooner, so I ordered that one. Only flown it one day and I don't have a lot of experience with these racing soarers, but I do like it!
Nov 25, 2020, 01:20 PM
Registered User
prondel's Avatar
I'm sure you will enjoy Gorazd !

Wasabi Maiden Flight (2 min 59 sec)
Nov 25, 2020, 01:28 PM
Registered User
prondel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk77
Cool stuff! I've just received and maided my Orden from RTG a few days ago... I was in doubt between a Wasabi and an Orden, the Orden could be delivered a bit sooner, so I ordered that one. Only flown it one day and I don't have a lot of experience with these racing soarers, but I do like it!
Good choice with the Orden too. Quality is superb and the plane is very competitive !
Nov 29, 2020, 12:58 PM
iSlope
Pisaneli's Avatar
Thread OP
Started to assemble the Wasabi. The quality is superb, fit and finish is perfect. These guys have attention to detail. With the supplied LDS system I can get almost 90 degrees which is perfect. Next is balancing and programming.
Nov 30, 2020, 11:12 PM
Registered User
planekrazy's Avatar
Hello Gorazd,

Congrats on your new Wasabi F3F racer. It looks fantastic. Looks like the build will be done in a few hours. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on how it flies.

I am curious about weight of ballast included with model? What is size of wing ballast and joiner ballast? Does tungsten ballast from Freestyler or other model fit in Wasabi? And size and number of chambers in the wing joiner? Also, i notice they offer lead joiner ballast (1500 grams) as an option, what can you say about this? What is net of removing brass joiner ballast and replacing with lead joiner ballast? Curious what AUW can be achieved with brass ballast included with model, as well as lead joiner ballast option.

Sorry for so many questions and thank you in advance.
.
Dec 01, 2020, 12:40 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by planekrazy
I am curious about weight of ballast included with model? What is size of wing ballast and joiner ballast? Does tungsten ballast from Freestyler or other model fit in Wasabi? And size and number of chambers in the wing joiner? Also, i notice they offer lead joiner ballast (1500 grams) as an option, what can you say about this? What is net of removing brass joiner ballast and replacing with lead joiner ballast? Curious what AUW can be achieved with brass ballast included with model, as well as lead joiner ballast option.
.
Fuselage balast 10x15mm 6pcs. cca 380g brass
Wing balast 10x20mm 6pcs. cca 770g brass
Joiner balast conical 4pcs. cca 1500g lead
Dec 01, 2020, 03:14 AM
Registered User
planekrazy's Avatar
Thank you for ballast info.

Two questions about V-tail:
- by chance do the brass torque tubes (levers with ball ends) have "L" bend at outer ends, glued into leading edge of each V-tail surface for added security?
- how are two pushrod sleeves in fuse boom secured? Are they those sleeves glued to inner surface of entire boom length, or are they running through bulkheads, or ?

Thanks in advance,

Mehrdad
Dec 01, 2020, 03:01 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by planekrazy
Thank you for ballast info.

Two questions about V-tail:
-a) by chance do the brass torque tubes (levers with ball ends) have "L" bend at outer ends, glued into leading edge of each V-tail surface for added security?
-b) how are two pushrod sleeves in fuse boom secured? Are they those sleeves glued to inner surface of entire boom length, .....

Thanks in advance,

Mehrdad
- a) See image
-b) Of course, it is glued along its entire length.
Dec 01, 2020, 04:16 PM
iSlope
Pisaneli's Avatar
Thread OP
Here is the final weight of the Wasabi, 2446g for C160 version. Of course, CG will be adjusted slightly after 1st flights.
Hoping for some good weather over the weekend. There is snow forecasted on Wednesday and Thursday.
Dec 01, 2020, 04:25 PM
iSlope
Pisaneli's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by planekrazy
I am curious about weight of ballast included with model? What is size of wing ballast and joiner ballast? Does tungsten ballast from Freestyler or other model fit in Wasabi? And size and number of chambers in the wing joiner? Also, i notice they offer lead joiner ballast (1500 grams) as an option, what can you say about this? What is net of removing brass joiner ballast and replacing with lead joiner ballast? Curious what AUW can be achieved with brass ballast included with model, as well as lead joiner ballast option.
Hey

Here you can find very good visual explanation of ballast layout in the model with gained weight .

http://www.aviatikcomposites.sk/?page_id=347
Dec 01, 2020, 10:33 PM
Registered User
planekrazy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LacoV
- a) See image
-b) Of course, it is glued along its entire length.
Ladislav, thanks again, the V-tail torque rod assembly looks super and great to know the sleeve runs are glued to inner surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisaneli
Here is the final weight of the Wasabi, 2446g for C160 version. Of course, CG will be adjusted slightly after 1st flights.
Hoping for some good weather over the weekend. There is snow forecasted on Wednesday and Thursday.
Woohoo, nice how fast you were able to ready the Wasabi for maiden. Sunny crisp blue sky, white snow covered green hills and a new shiny fast orange glider,...Mmmhmm, sounds like a perfect weekend coming together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisaneli
Hey

Here you can find very good visual explanation of ballast layout in the model with gained weight .

http://www.aviatikcomposites.sk/?page_id=347
Thank you, I saw that last evening along with below photo of all ballast pieces (wing, joiner and fuse). Shows 4 color pairs (8 pieces) of joiner ballast: http://www.aviatikcomposites.sk/wp-c...19/11/acc1.jpg
Dec 02, 2020, 01:07 AM
Registered User
I use them cut. Some use them as a whole.
Dec 04, 2020, 02:20 PM
iSlope
Pisaneli's Avatar
Thread OP
Eating Wasabi while programming the model.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log The Wasabi from FL Bird Works surfimp Slope 608 Sep 26, 2020 05:26 AM
New Product ReMotCam F3F: automatic F3F measuring system Alvaro Silgado Multi Task F3X 98 Apr 04, 2020 01:55 AM
Help! Wanted Viking F3F right wing, or a pair of F3F wings in any condition please. Tomblinm Multi Task F3X 1 Apr 05, 2018 05:59 AM
Contest Official 2018 F3F USA Team Selection Event - 2018 F3F Worlds - Rugen, Germany Brandon Multi Task F3X 214 Jan 07, 2018 02:06 PM
Discussion Wasabi wannahave's cliffhanger Slope 11 Oct 14, 2007 04:35 PM