May 15, 2021, 07:44 AM
Firepower
I think I have changed the GPS Rescue range from 100 to 50 metres but the home arrow only comes correct just over 100 metres.

Maybe that is right or should the home arrow come correct just over 50 metres?

# get gps_rescue_min_dth
###WARNING: NO CUSTOM DEFAULTS FOUND###
gps_rescue_min_dth = 50 (I guess this line means that I have changed it to 50 metres?)
Allowed range: 50 - 1000
Default value: 100

I realise this is a Betaflight question but people here would have changed this and would know.
Last edited by Firepower; May 15, 2021 at 06:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2021, 11:53 AM
Fight for the Right to FPV!!!
Has any of the HD users yet tried to move the Vista onto the back set of holes which would free up plenty of room for either a 20mm or 25mm 4 way ESC/controller stack on middle hole set on this frame? Curious what replacement controllers are being chosen for those that end up replacing the stock controller because of all its limitations that we've discussed here.
May 16, 2021, 11:31 AM
Build, crash...repeat
hey everyone, I posted this in the DJI FPV forum too, but I'm reaching out to as many as I can.

Guys, I hope you can help me out. I have a GEPRC Baby Croc HD (Vista) and Crossfire. It's been great so far. The other day I flew out 1.5 miles and the video was pretty good, I think I stayed above 20 mbps/sec bitrate. I am using stock omni antennas on the V1 goggles. My RSSI was reading funny though, it read around 50, no matter how close or far I was. I had earlier changed the Nano CF telemetry output to combined LQ/RSSI and thought that was the problem, so I changed it back to just "RSSI" and that seems fine now, reads 99.

However, NOW I can't seem to get full power from the Vista. On the ground, the display reads around 20-36 Mbps bitrate. As soon as I take off, it drops fast and within 20 meter it's down to 3 or so Mbps and the video almost goes away and will freeze if i don't bring it closer right away. I have the 3 channels plus public channel available and I made sure I'm on Channel 1. No issues at all for a while and this- all of a sudden! I don't think it could have anything to do with my Crossfire RSSI issue that I fixed.

I have refreshed the firmware. Transmission is set to max power 700 mW, high quality. 50 mbps bitrate. The goggles and a different AU works fine on a fixed wing I have, no issues.

Why could this be happening? I know someone will be able to help. I searched the web for answers and could not find anything, although there is probably something out there, but maybe my search skills suck.

TIA
May 18, 2021, 07:46 AM
Anyone wondering how the inside of the stock Momoda 5.8Ghz lhcp antenna looks like look below
May 18, 2021, 08:15 AM
Build, crash...repeat
did you cut it open because there was a problem or just for curiosity? I'm asking because I'm having the trouble I described above and the antenna seems to rattle a bit when I shake it, wondering if it broke and disconnected.
May 18, 2021, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleRRon
did you cut it open because there was a problem or just for curiosity? I'm asking because I'm having the trouble I described above and the antenna seems to rattle a bit when I shake it, wondering if it broke and disconnected.
I had a rough landing and after that really poor mbps. I shook the antenna and it rattles like what you said. I suspect something broke and I cut it to confirm that.
May 18, 2021, 04:45 PM
Build, crash...repeat
Aha! I bet that's it. I didn't want to cut mine open to look but now I am going to when I get home today! I have a new Caddx antenna or order, hopefully can try that out next week
May 18, 2021, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Aha! I bet that's it. I didn't want to cut mine open to look but now I am going to when I get home today! I have a new Caddx antenna or order, hopefully can try that out next week
You got the long or short caddx antenna. The short is too short and the long just made it. I using the long one, testing it soon.
May 18, 2021, 05:21 PM
Build, crash...repeat
https://pyrodrone.com/products/caddx...g-version-15cm
May 18, 2021, 08:23 PM
Build, crash...repeat
This is what mine looked like
May 18, 2021, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danong
You got the long or short caddx antenna. The short is too short and the long just made it. I using the long one, testing it soon.
Just did 2 flights on the new antenna. Work out well just like before so the broken antenna was the cause.
May 20, 2021, 10:14 PM
Build, crash...repeat
Regarding the lack of a current sensor in the baby crocodile, which is making me crazy- how do you know when youíre running out of gas?
Has anyone tried the Betaflight virtual current sensor? Itís based on throttle usage so it must be a rough estimate but seems like itíd be better than nothing.
May 21, 2021, 12:29 AM
Fight for the Right to FPV!!!
I've not yet tried the virtual current sensor yet but I find that using the "average cell voltage" in the OSD really helps me to know exactly how much left I have in the tank and when I have to land depending on the type of battery I'm using (Lion vs Lipo). I'd obviously rather have the current sensor working but the average cell voltage has enabled me to consistently land within a couple percent of my target voltage or percent used and basically, that means that I can get maximum range and flight times, while still taking great care of my batteries (and never taking them down too low) so they last a long time.

The ugly antenna for my Vista is a forward facing V-dipole with a 12" extension. I tried the dipole on the recommendation of someone here on the forum and it has proven to provide the best range of everything else I've tried so far. To make it, I just took one of these V antennas and soldered it to a long 14" ufl extension. works really good.

https://www.racedayquads.com/collect...l-antenna-rhcp

Quote:
Regarding the lack of a current sensor in the baby crocodile, which is making me crazy- how do you know when you’re running out of gas?
Has anyone tried the Betaflight virtual current sensor? It’s based on throttle usage so it must be a rough estimate but seems like it’d be better than nothing.
Last edited by melsailsnorth; May 21, 2021 at 12:45 AM.
May 26, 2021, 06:36 AM
Firepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepower
I think I have changed the GPS Rescue range from 100 to 50 metres but the home arrow only comes correct just over 100 metres.

Maybe that is right or should the home arrow come correct just over 50 metres?

# get gps_rescue_min_dth
###WARNING: NO CUSTOM DEFAULTS FOUND###
gps_rescue_min_dth = 50 (I guess this line means that I have changed it to 50 metres?)
Allowed range: 50 - 1000
Default value: 100

I realise this is a Betaflight question but people here would have changed this and would know.

Guess I need to check this with the Betaflight people but thought some here would have reduced the GPS Rescue distance.

It does say NO CUSTOM DEFAULTS FOUND so maybe I have not changed anything as last line says Default value: 100
May 26, 2021, 09:19 AM
Jesus Freak
@firepower

I thought the home arrow was not functional with BF and DJI goggles

When I enabled it, it was just a block in the view of the goggles

Quick Reply