Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 28, 2005, 09:11 AM
Thread OP

Diffrent clone,help needed

I bought this car at a local supermarket.I wanna to replace the fwd transistor with a mosfet(IRLML250).

The 1million dollar question is which.If there are no tutorial on this.Show me how you guys look for it,like in the original tomy.

I attach pics of the top and the bottom of the pcb.If more infomation is needed jus ask
oh i put on the connecters jus for plug and play.The white stuff is liquid paper (to avoid mistake of put the connecters upside down)

Ps i moved VDD from the cutted pin to the one stated below.
to remove ads between posts
May 28, 2005, 09:27 AM
Never seen a board like that before. I would select the output pin I want to attach the motor to and then trace back to the transistor connected to that output pin. How does the car steer? Two coils or a motor?

Michael
May 28, 2005, 09:52 AM
Thread OP
Some one wrote a review here 1motor 1 coil trying to power your famous plan with a n2o
May 28, 2005, 10:05 AM
Micro Flyer, Big Poster
It looks like a dual H-Bridge bitcar, and those are rare because it can drive 2 coils. You might want to look into not giving it a MOSFET regularly, by adding a flip-flop and a FET off of the Turbo channel on the PCB. Only problem would be finding the trace on the board... But here's the link if you want to give it a try:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1&postcount=39
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4&postcount=20
and
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0&postcount=24

Or, considering you have 2 H-bridges, you could beg for a BitSC which is like a mini-speed controller for the Bit clones :-P I'm somebody can give one up for cheap... But dont pay mroe than $15 cause all the ones you'll find are used :-P

Makes the motor operate on only the T button, so you can have a 3 channel plane :-)
May 28, 2005, 10:58 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete P
It looks like a dual H-Bridge bitcar, and those are rare because it can drive 2 coils. You might want to look into not giving it a MOSFET regularly, by adding a flip-flop and a FET off of the Turbo channel on the PCB. Only problem would be finding the trace on the board... But here's the link if you want to give it a try:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1&postcount=39
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4&postcount=20
and
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0&postcount=24

Or, considering you have 2 H-bridges, you could beg for a BitSC which is like a mini-speed controller for the Bit clones :-P I'm somebody can give one up for cheap... But dont pay mroe than $15 cause all the ones you'll find are used :-P

Makes the motor operate on only the T button, so you can have a 3 channel plane :-)
drive 2 coils?Does the "t-button" = no fets required?.I will post a better picture as soon as I get my hand on the digicam that my mom took.(will arrive tommorw)
May 28, 2005, 09:06 PM
Thread OP
here they are.A better picture.
ok someone at microrccenter forums said it is simillar to a motorworks.he also said look into not puting a fet he said it is easily burnt wit 2.4v and above he brunt all the motorworks pcb with the mofet mod.
May 29, 2005, 07:58 AM
For Sale-everything over 250 g
Hi Vener, I'll try to help.
First, does the Tx for that Rx have a turbo button?
Do you have a multi-meter, and do you know how to use it?
Did the car have 2 cells in it or one?

I can't help you with whether or not it will fry with 2.4v but I've never heard of a Rx that couldn't handle a Li-Poly at 4.2v. And I don't see how the fet would have anything to do with it. If it's gonna blow at 2.4v it will blow fet or not.

See the attached picture. Remove the 2 devices with the red Xs. Power up your board. With one lead of your meter (set to voltage) on Vcc check the 2 points marked Gates with the other lead. There should be no voltage until you press a Tx button. One gate should turn on for forward and the other for reverse. If this doesn't work stop there and post what happens. If this works, put the fets where the red Xs were and remove the ones with the blue Xs. And your done.

I'm not sure what the transistor marked with the ? is. I think it's for the turbo function, anyone else know?

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
Mike
May 29, 2005, 08:34 AM
Thread OP
no,but I think it can be added.
Yes,and yes but i do not know how to use the ma thing...
single celled but I dual-celled it.(still works fine)

ok i will follow your instructions.

when i was doing my homework something struck me.since nobody can get a super skinney sodering bit.i found out paperclips will stick to tin.Put it in to the soldering iron slot and ur done.

btw do you need a picture of the orther side?(the view block by the transistor u marked (?)

PS:why does my chariot can power a n2o at full power (with 2 cells)

BUMP progress----85% (still need work on eletronics)
May 29, 2005, 09:24 AM
Vener,
If you have a chariot car that maybe better to use. There are a lot of people that used them and all the info should be somewhere here. Some boards are just better than others with the chariot brand among the best. And if it runs your n20 at full power put it in your bump and try it.
Mike
May 29, 2005, 10:01 AM
Thread OP
ok,i followed ur instructions and it work none of them will resopnd if i do not press fwd nor bwd.one of them will respond if i press bwd and same as fwd(fwd upper 1 bwd lower 1 one)and it hurt cuz when i remove one of the transistor one of the pin flick a hot solder to my percious skin well near the eye socket and the fuse in the multimeter burnt sad....glad theres a spare in the case.should i continue to replace with fet and remove the unneedy.I done what u told me i already put before u made the suggestion. now i just need to wait for the glue to dry.
May 29, 2005, 10:24 AM
Vener,
First off, why weren't you wearing safety glasses? Is your work area safe to solder in; any flamables around? Please unplug it and look up some soldering sites that talk about safety.

Next, slow down I can't understand what your saying. You are definatly doing something wrong if you blew the fuse in the meter. Did the gates turn on and off with the Tx buttons?
Mike
May 29, 2005, 11:40 AM
Thread OP
i forgot where i put my safety glasses.....i think i losted it.
the gates work jus as you predicted.so should i continue with the process?
but i don't know why the fuse blow.i think it happened this afternoon(my afternoon)

BUMP --- 87%
May 29, 2005, 12:27 PM
OK,
Not good that your taking short cuts, please find your glasses before you plug that soldering iron back in.
Go ahead and continue.
When you get both fets in and the blue Xed ones out, check to see if it works. You will need to connect one motor wire to Vcc and the other to your pin. Check that both pins B and F work from the TX (the motor will go the same direction).
Mike
May 29, 2005, 01:59 PM
Vener,
Your multi meter should be set to voltage, I suspect you had it set to ma to blow your fuse.
The transistor marked ? , is for the voltage regulator cct of the receiver it works in conjunction with the capacitor , diode and inductor that are on the opposite side of the board to it.
Stewart
May 29, 2005, 11:15 PM
Thread OP
the fet worked fine its a sucess muahahahaha .thanks
btw mofets direct all avabile power to the motor but does it amplify the power from the battery?if not,good if yes that means worng replacement.

i think when i want to set it to voltage i accidently switch to ma.
1 question how do u use the ma function?
i don't think theres a diode on the opposite of the board(see picture)

btw my Bump got broken my my little brother while i was in tuition class.
so new project,stick type following fffiler's plane.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=37h

goals 20 grams.
specs
2 100mah nicad?
tx-9v
rx-fet
n2o with dd gws(or 9:1 5 inch homemade prop cola can)
bamboo skewers
rudder only
piano gear
any more suggestion?

If i sucessfully to do this i may be the first in the country for this kind of conversion.
I did boat,cars before but not planes.

Quick Reply