Jul 17, 2021, 06:00 PM
Rabid Rabbit
Apparently, Those aren’t available in the US.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 18, 2021, 03:07 AM
I would just go straight to 2.0 then. You can do a fancy job and solder a 180° connector.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Jul 20, 2021, 02:52 PM
Rabid Rabbit
I've been hovering in the basement and occasionally running into things. Right now, the tail motor is screaming like a European police siren and the motor is spinning wildly, even though I have throttle cut engaged. What have I broken?
Jul 20, 2021, 03:57 PM
Rabid Rabbit
I poked around blindly at the board and now it is working normally. Weird but I'll accept it. Flew 4 more batteries and didn't crash.
Now I'll go to the sim and hover some more
Jul 21, 2021, 04:03 AM
when you tail motor looks like spinning wildly and starts making a lot of noise:
- check the tail rotor alignment. the tail rotor blade should be vertical. if it has a little angle, the rotor has to work harder. if it is not, rotate the rotor assembly along the tail boom.

- check that the trail rotor itself is not bent. you can bend it back by gently pressure at the base of the rotor blades. generally, you can see if the tail rotor is bent by looking at it in flight, tail in.

in any case, be extra careful with that tail boom ! once it starts breaking, it will never hold together again, and a replacement boom is quite expensive.
Jul 22, 2021, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PookaHat
I've been hovering in the basement and occasionally running into things. Right now, the tail motor is screaming like a European police siren and the motor is spinning wildly, even though I have throttle cut engaged. What have I broken?
If an S3 is anything like a CPS, you haven't necessarily broken anything.

Just unplug the battery, re-plug and set it up normally.
Jul 22, 2021, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PookaHat
Coming from planks I am confused by Throttle hold vs throttle cut. I put throttle cut on "H" the same way I do on planes. Where and how do I put throttle hold?
The difference in terminology only applies to Helis with fuel engines, where “Hold” sets the engine to idle, and “Cut” stops the engine running.
Aug 04, 2021, 05:44 PM
@bernicantfly - can you show us a picture of the flight control board? Try to take it in daylight and in focus.

Also can you describe the crash exactly?
Aug 05, 2021, 11:00 AM
I can not belive the abuse this thing can take. Tailboom popped out when heli went down into a corner. Split it and wraped the wires around the swashplate, many turns. Unwraped it, Ca'd the boom together. Flys like nothing happend.
I have also split the swash in two, some Ca glue and some sticky fingers later, back in the air like it was box fresh.
Amazing, now i just need to learn to fly the thing. Not used to rudder at all, i fly Dlg's, rudder is not a thing. At least not the hard inputs a heli needs to turn.

Btw it seems i just bought the 2 last tailbooms in stock in my entire country.
Aug 05, 2021, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffog
I can not belive the abuse this thing can take. Tailboom popped out when heli went down into a corner. Split it and wraped the wires around the swashplate, many turns. Unwraped it, Ca'd the boom together. Flys like nothing happend.
I have also split the swash in two, some Ca glue and some sticky fingers later, back in the air like it was box fresh.
Amazing, now i just need to learn to fly the thing. Not used to rudder at all, i fly Dlg's, rudder is not a thing. At least not the hard inputs a heli needs to turn.

Btw it seems i just bought the 2 last tailbooms in stock in my entire country.
I have smashed mine into the ground hard several times. Put a couple things back in place and in under a minute back in the air. Even if it does break and need repairs, parts are cheap and readily available, unless someone buys up all the stock...lol

Would rather learn in real life than on a sim IMO. May not have enough power for 3D training but for someone like us learning to hover, orientations and forward flight works well. Been happy with this little guy.
Aug 05, 2021, 12:21 PM
In Norway, parts for anything older than 6 months is not in stoc. Parts for Umx planes and micro heli are just about impossible to find in shops.
Want something you need to order from Uk, Usa or sometimes Germany. The later one sometimes dont ship to Norway for some weird reason.

And anything I order takes forever and a day in customs, then import tax and Vat, just to make it misserable.
Aug 05, 2021, 12:24 PM
Heligamist
Thread OP
Quote:
In Norway, parts for anything older than 6 months is not in stoc. Parts for Umx planes and micro heli are just about impossible to find in shops.
Want something you need to order from Uk, Usa or sometimes Germany. The later one sometimes dont ship to Norway for some weird reason.

And anything I order takes forever and a day in customs, then import tax and Vat, just to make it misserable.
But you have such a beautiful country to compensate. I've seen the Stavanger/Sandnes area and still have a female friend there who teaches school. Of course your sunlight hours suck in the winter time in the north part.
Aug 05, 2021, 12:27 PM
It's a hole in the ground that is expensive to live in. Cold and rainy 70% of the year, the 30% left is just cold...
Aug 08, 2021, 08:03 AM
Quote:

I know what you feel...
A lot of times, it's easier to buy a spare heli, especially in the case of S3. Initially, I bought S2, broke the chassis, skids, swashplate, tail rotors, horizontal shaft, so I surprisingly found out that it'd be cheaper to buy a new one, and S3 came out.
Aug 09, 2021, 12:28 PM

Blade nano s3

esc warning when trying to bind my blade nano s3 to my nx6 and says voltage warning too got a scream shot as well

Quick Reply