Nov 13, 2020, 05:48 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

hello new to fixed wing

Hi to all As the title says Im new to fixed wing aircraft. Been flying helicopters for 5 years. have been flying fixed wing on my sim real flight 7.5 for a number of years . I can take off and fly in any orientation and land most of the time..with just about anything i fly..i am looking at getting a fms kingfisher pnp ..Ifly with a spektrum 8 gen2 . So i thought the new AR630 with as3x safe from spektrum would be a good reciever..am i biting off more than i can chew with this set up??? thanks for any input..
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2020, 06:11 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by myheli700 View Post
Hi to all As the title says Im new to fixed wing aircraft. Been flying helicopters for 5 years. have been flying fixed wing on my sim real flight 7.5 for a number of years . I can take off and fly in any orientation and land most of the time..with just about anything i fly..i am looking at getting a fms kingfisher pnp ..Ifly with a spektrum 8 gen2 . So i thought the new AR630 with as3x safe from spektrum would be a good reciever..am i biting off more than i can chew with this set up??? thanks for any input..
That set up will work fine if the AR630 is properly programmed , set up , and tuned . Why not start with a BNF SAFE/AS3X plane that has been pre-programmed at the factory ? Like this ( similar ) one :
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product.../EFL15250.html
Nov 13, 2020, 07:29 PM
Thread OP
I did look at the timber but i just like the look and lines of the kingfisher plus it has skis and as i now have snow on the ground........Im pretty good with setting up receivers for my helis so it shouldnt be a problem..is ther anything i should no about the ar630???
Nov 13, 2020, 07:41 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
I did look at the timber but i just like the look and lines of the kingfisher plus it has skis and as i now have snow on the ground........Im pretty good with setting up receivers for my helis so it shouldnt be a problem..is ther anything i should no about the ar630???
I have set up & flown several BNF SAFE/AS3X planes , but I have never used/programmed an AR630 . There is an RC Groups thread about the AR630 : https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-AS3X-receiver
Nov 13, 2020, 07:44 PM
Thread OP
thanks for the info
Nov 13, 2020, 08:55 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
If you enjoy building things , you can build your own RC airplanes ..... like the SnowBall in this video :

EPP SNOWBALL RC PLANE IN THE SNOW (5 min 41 sec)

Planes like that can be built for a few dollars ( foam ) , with $30 - $40 in onboard electronics . Very little stress/anxiety when flying .... compared to a $$$$ plane .
Nov 14, 2020, 07:21 PM
Thread OP
that is pretty neat looks like fun...
Nov 14, 2020, 07:35 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
that is pretty neat looks like fun...
It's very satisfying to fly a plane you've built yourself !
If you want to try it I'll be glad to help .

Quick Reply