This thread is privately moderated by GRW3, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 12, 2020, 12:20 AM
Modeling Retread
Thread OP
Discussion

Doofus Driven Repair

I smacked my GP Zero in while trying to get slower on my landing approach. I was so mentally tied up on my touch and goes that I didn’t notice the wind had shifted into my face. Not the the infamous downwind turn, just a plain straightforward stall - into the ground. I broke the cowl loose and shatters the lite ply electric motor mount. Now, I’m putting it back together.

Even though it crashed on a textile runway, some pieces were missing. I decided to cover all four sides with 1/32nd plywood.

The cowl mount ring may not be repairable. I might have to go to a more standard approach.
Latest blog entry: Prop Reamers
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2020, 07:45 AM

aircraft general

First, i am a new member to this site and in time will get use to this forum, I am building a Balsa usa 1/3 scale Newport 28 , I am also wondering which covering to use Ie Planetex or Stits . anyone who has experience with ither i would like some input

Thank you
Nov 16, 2020, 08:21 PM

Covering

I would suggest Sig Koverall.
It is as strong as Stits and a lot easier to work with.
It can be bought in a wide range of sizes.
And the best part is that it shrinks with semi low heat very uniformly.
Nov 17, 2020, 07:24 AM

aircraft general

Quote:
Originally Posted by allang46
I would suggest Sig Koverall.
It is as strong as Stits and a lot easier to work with.
It can be bought in a wide range of sizes.
And the best part is that it shrinks with semi low heat very uniformly.

Thanks for the info, i will check it out
Al.

Quick Reply