Dec 02, 2020, 01:01 PM
Pascal
Same on the Multi module side with Jumper. They don't share schematics or anything to test until they are ready to sell production units. Therefore you have to deal with whatever they have put in after it is already on the market which is a bad position to be in and zero option to get things changed on the product not talking about new features but simple design mistakes...
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2020, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by invernomuto
Currently all their models ( T-12, T-16 and T-18) are officially supported as far as I know.
https://www.open-tx.org/radios.html

Also, T-lite has full Size Adjustable Hall Sensor Gimbals, very nice.
Does anyone have experience with Makerfire? I usually do my shopping with Banggood, but 79$ is quite tempting for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafie1980
My first and recent experience with Makerfire was not very encouraging. I ordered GNB 1s 600mah lipo’s which were in stock while placing the order. After a week, I contacted then to check on the status since they had not been shipped yet and was offered CrazyPony brand lipos as a replacement. I requested for a refund and they replied saying the GNB brand 1s 600mah lipo will be shipped to me before the end of December. Now they have updated the product availability to pre-order instead of being in stock.

I guess its just my luck this happened but no one else seems to have GNB 1s 600mah lipo’s listed on their website apart from US sellers and shipping would cost more than the value of the lipo order to Australia.
I have ordered a few things from MakerFire and one of them, a foam plane, was damaged in shipping.
Makerfire took care of it quick with no fuss.
After dealing with some other overseas vendors I was expecting a bit of a hassle dealing with translation etc. however they were easy to E-mail with and quick to offer a fix.

I think they are the same MakerFire that has been on Amazon.com for a while.

I'm not so sure about Jumper though.
One thing to keep in mind is if you buy a Jumper product just to try out, plan on keeping it or giving it away. They can be a little difficult to resell.
Last edited by heyphred; Dec 02, 2020 at 01:17 PM.
Dec 05, 2020, 09:16 AM
3D planes designer
I'm curious to know the autonomy of the T-lite with Crossfire module. Will it be able to withstand a long range mission with only one 18650 battery?
How many minutes will a Li-ion 18650 be able to power the radio?
Also,
the interface for Cross Fire Nano is not the one shown in the attached picture?
The interface for external module on Jumper is different. What do you think about that?
Last edited by Carletto73; Dec 05, 2020 at 10:18 AM.
Dec 06, 2020, 07:11 PM
Very interested if it will support ACCESS modules
Dec 07, 2020, 11:16 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carletto73
I'm curious to know the autonomy of the T-lite with Crossfire module. Will it be able to withstand a long range mission with only one 18650 battery?
How many minutes will a Li-ion 18650 be able to power the radio?
Also,
the interface for Cross Fire Nano is not the one shown in the attached picture?
The interface for external module on Jumper is different. What do you think about that?
I'm not 100% sure (no info is available yet), but T-Lite most probably will have additional JR Lite type module bay attached to the back of the radio. Thus the four screw holes and the slot seen on the back of the radio.

Name: Jumper-T-Lite-radio-controller-TBS-CRSF-Nano-JR-Lite-bay.jpg
Views: 143
Size: 101.8 KB
Description:
Dec 09, 2020, 06:00 AM
Here's the cheapest place to get one 65$ shipped for the 4in1 and 55$ for the cc2500 that is if anyone is willing to trust jumper before the reviews come out.
http://www.xt-xinte.com/Jumper-T-Lit...dium=share_url

Hopefully they have decided to start taking feedback and this turns out to be a really good product because the size and price are really intriguing. I'm wanting a back up/back pack radio for 2021 and it's looking like this or the radiomaster tx12 just waiting on some reviews because I'd prefer a smaller form and hall gimbals.
Dec 09, 2020, 08:12 AM
I wouldn't...

Never buy a jumper v1 of anything!
Dec 09, 2020, 04:46 PM
V1 of the Jumper T16 was fantastic, the later ones were terrible.
Dec 10, 2020, 01:59 AM
TBS Tango is $200
FrSky Lite Pro is $200
Radiomaster TX12 , TX16.. about $150

T-Lite
$60

Can I live without colour screen or esoteric features?

Im going to wait for real reviews.. preorder will take month+ anyway.

My plan is JR Lite + ImmersionRC Ghost on all 8+ quads in 2020. No worry about forrest. No micro failsafes.

R9M, FrSky XM+, FD800.. ACCST.. D8.. Im so done with that.
Last edited by romangpro; Dec 10, 2020 at 02:05 AM.
Dec 10, 2020, 02:32 AM
With the amount of money I have already spent on my Lite Radio 2, and how much custom work i have done to it, i figured any issues with this should be able to be fixed. I have told Makerfire to hold my order until they have FCC/Giteki certification though.

I'd like to do the same with Ghost or Tracer. But so far it seems Tracer is the only one that will have Giteki certification. Probably not so important but it would be nice not to have to worry about.

If Giteki isnt an issue, i'd like to try ExpressLRS on 2.4Ghz
Dec 10, 2020, 03:40 AM
OTX OG and EdgeTX contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by romangpro
Radiomaster TX12 , TX16.. about $150
TX12 ? $150 ? Really ? I see $69.99 : https://www.banggood.com/buy/radiomaster-tx12.html

As for Ghost (and possibly others) they are somewhat unlikely to work ok with 1S power
Dec 10, 2020, 08:05 AM
Thread OP
If you are looking for absolute cheapest T-Lite option, QWinOut has Jumper T-Lite 4in1 version for only $59.99 and there is a coupon "QWINOUT006" for additional $6 discount. Final price is only $53.99

https://qwinout.com/collections/new-...ef=ugo3iogofww
Dec 10, 2020, 08:30 AM
Enjoying every minute of it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3djc
TX12 ? $150 ? Really ? I see $69.99 : https://www.banggood.com/buy/radiomaster-tx12.html
I ordered the TX12 last week from here:

RadioMaster - TX12 16ch OpenTX
$69.99
https://www.fpvcrate.com/products/ra...l-radio-system

...and it ships today or tomorrow! Check them out romangpro...
Dec 10, 2020, 10:01 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3djc

As for Ghost (and possibly others) they are somewhat unlikely to work ok with 1S power
Depends on how they are powering the module.

If they do what Spektrum did on their 1s powered radios, which is to have a buck converter boosting voltage to 9.5V on the iX12, iX20 and NX10 (the NX6 and NX8 don't power the external serial port) then there will be no issues. That does require extra hardware and therefore extra cost.

If they're just putting 1S voltage to the bay, good luck with that.

I suspect the latter is more likely for a $60 TX.
Dec 10, 2020, 01:08 PM
The Crossfire Nano requires 6v input as well, and its listed as being supported by this radio. They will have to do something to increase the voltage going out the JR module bay, otherwise they'll have a huge problem. I'm sure they've thought of this already, but who knows.

Quick Reply