Thread Tools
Nov 13, 2020, 03:14 PM
Trader Rating: 34
Registered User
RMurf101's Avatar
Now the holiday surge is about to ramp up...fun times!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2020, 07:54 PM
Trader Rating: 92
Registered User
...
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Dec 19, 2020 at 06:27 PM.
Nov 13, 2020, 09:33 PM
Trader Rating: 60
Electron Whisperer
speed2004's Avatar
Thread OP
B-N-G, Tower easy-pay is back online...lol
Nov 14, 2020, 10:04 AM
Trader Rating: 42
Registered User
So far my experience with USPS has been great but UPS not so much, had a small pkg shipped from Germany and paid $50 to have it shipped 2 day air, brown truck show up yesterday which was the 3rd day and I'm okay with that but the driver hunted all over the the truck and no pkg, so I get a shipping notice saying that I missed the delivery and they will try again on Monday, if they don't have the pkg then how is Monday going to work??
Nov 14, 2020, 10:30 AM
Trader Rating: 34
Registered User
RMurf101's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYBOSS
So far my experience with USPS has been great but UPS not so much, had a small pkg shipped from Germany and paid $50 to have it shipped 2 day air, brown truck show up yesterday which was the 3rd day and I'm okay with that but the driver hunted all over the the truck and no pkg, so I get a shipping notice saying that I missed the delivery and they will try again on Monday, if they don't have the pkg then how is Monday going to work??
Not making light of your situation (well, maybe a little) but it's good to know I'm not the only one.
Cheers!
Nov 14, 2020, 09:13 PM
Trader Rating: 42
Registered User
UPS came by again today (Saturday) to deliver my pkg, driver still could not find it on his truck, this is crazy, can not believe this, now I remember why I quit using UPS years ago........
Nov 15, 2020, 08:38 PM
Trader Rating: 163
Rotormantic
FNFAL's Avatar
First class was especially slow...something took two weeks from MI to OH and again from CA to OH. Priority also from OH to FL was slow by a few extra days. So glad to hear it's back. Things were just sitting at the POs. Covid was mentioned, but wonder what affect all this mail-in ballot stuff what hampering POs earlier...
Last edited by FNFAL; Nov 16, 2020 at 07:58 AM.
Nov 16, 2020, 12:49 PM
Trader Rating: 242
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
Usps is a joke. We were gone for a week so we had our mail held at the post office. After a week it was ok to deliver. They never would deliver the mail held during that week, they only resumed delivery. Had to drive 10 miles to the post office and spend a half hour arguing in order to get our mail. The usps has been reduced to laughable service.
Nov 16, 2020, 01:18 PM
Trader Rating: 37
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320
Usps is a joke. We were gone for a week so we had our mail held at the post office. After a week it was ok to deliver. They never would deliver the mail held during that week, they only resumed delivery. Had to drive 10 miles to the post office and spend a half hour arguing in order to get our mail. The usps has been reduced to laughable service.
I went on a 2 week trip and put a vacation hold on my mail to hold it until the day after I expected to get back home. When I got home a big plastic USPS box full of my mail was sitting on my front porch. The neighbor said he'd seen it sitting there for 3 days. Sometimes the USPS does a pretty good job, sometimes they don't.
Nov 17, 2020, 09:46 PM
Trader Rating: 50
Sibonga, Cebu
humayraykinaon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvaire
I went on a 2 week trip and put a vacation hold on my mail to hold it until the day after I expected to get back home. When I got home a big plastic USPS box full of my mail was sitting on my front porch. The neighbor said he'd seen it sitting there for 3 days. Sometimes the USPS does a pretty good job, sometimes they don't.
With all the delay things going on with usps something ain't right, maybe where you are they run things differently or taken by mistake?
When the vacation hold is near deadline we normally get a note from supervisor stating a vacation hold ends today as a reminder eventhough "we as regular carrier" know about vacation hold mail in the first place. Other thing also is that when I get a vacation hold request, I don't receive it in time, sometimes a week later when the vacation hold start a week ago, no wonder why their mailbox is so full.
Nov 19, 2020, 02:11 PM
Trader Rating: 1
Registered User
supercruise's Avatar
Their prices are a bit crazy lately. I shipped a box that was under 6 lbs. and largest dimension was 17 inches. From NY to a P.O. box in ID. $57.00. I also had an order that was coming from OH to NY. It went via Anchorage, AK.?
Due to covid they only guarantee priority express. No more 2 to 3 day priority guarantee. That package I sent to ID via priority took 8 days to arrive.
Last edited by supercruise; Nov 20, 2020 at 09:38 PM.
Nov 19, 2020, 02:26 PM
Trader Rating: 50
Sibonga, Cebu
humayraykinaon's Avatar
I find the automated parcel machine gets me a better option than to see a window clerk. One time I shipped a small box and the APC was out of service and so I end up waiting in line to window clerk and when i got there I was only offer priority or Express when I could ship it first class as an option on the machine.
Nov 19, 2020, 03:00 PM
Trader Rating: 38
Registered User
I shipped a kit off via USPS Priority last week and it arrived a day sooner than anticipated. I was surprised to say the least.
Nov 20, 2020, 07:14 PM
Trader Rating: 60
Electron Whisperer
speed2004's Avatar
Thread OP
well, I guess they are back to old tricks. I paid for priority small box 2 day on a package to NC. It arrived but 4 days to get there- didn't even make their 3 day estimate. Guess it's still a crapshoot - disappointed.
Nov 21, 2020, 06:34 PM
Trader Rating: 60
Electron Whisperer
speed2004's Avatar
Thread OP
Looks like due to holiday, add at least one day to the estimated delivery. All 3 that I shipped this week have been a day or more late. Southern East seems to be the issue.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Quad sudden fast desent from 5 metres high flierman1945 Beginner Multirotor Drones 1 Jul 19, 2018 07:57 AM
For Sale Blazingly fast 3s Micro Stryker (upgraded electronics) - $108 Shipped Pereth Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Aug 06, 2013 09:57 PM
Sold Mitsubishi Zero by eflite, setup for 4s. blazing fast mbsilvia Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Jan 28, 2013 07:30 PM
Sold Blazing fast Gaming Computer [4870x2, 3Ghz Quad core, Raptor HDD, 8GB RAM) Craig9080 Non R/C Items (FS/W) 6 May 25, 2010 07:36 PM