Nov 09, 2020, 08:38 PM
Trader Rating: 60
Electron Whisperer
Thread OP
Rave

USPS suddenly blazing fast? Update-NOT so FAST...

Sent a package first class package on Saturday. Forgot to send tracking until Monday, but it estimated Thursday so no big deal...it arrived there today! It went from Peoria to Champaign on Sat, was in MA by Monday am and delivered same day. WOW_ just WOW
That is crazy good compared to what has been going on...color me stunned.
I sent the buyer the tracking anyway and an apology as I always send same day track and got distracted by the lovely weather (IE yard work from she who must be obeyed ..LOL)
Last edited by speed2004; Jan 10, 2021 at 01:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2020, 09:42 PM
Trader Rating: 54
Must have been on the Road Runner route. I was waiting for a package that went into "arriving late" status two days prior to scheduled delivery date. Damn box sat in Philly for 3 days after it went past me, coming from Chicago area. Hope it gets better here in my area
Nov 09, 2020, 10:01 PM
Trader Rating: 118
BOYCOTT SCAMAZON
I noticed the price decrease
Nov 10, 2020, 07:39 PM
Trader Rating: 251
I was thinking the same thing. I ordered a Radiomaster tx16s from BuddyRc Friday night and it got here Monday at 10:30am! Blew my mind
Nov 11, 2020, 07:22 AM
Trader Rating: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroglide
I noticed the price decrease
I would be happy when it returns to the point that a umx plane can be shipped to the opposite coast for what it used to cost. They doubled the price.......
Nov 11, 2020, 08:26 AM
Trader Rating: 22
My Amazon Prime order (water softener switch) shipped USPS ordered Oct 26th slated to arrive Nov 3. Arrived November 10th. It sat in Detroit from the 28th till the 9th. No lighting fast delivery here.
Nov 11, 2020, 08:27 AM
Trader Rating: 88
Mt. Dora, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed2004
Sent a package first class package on Saturday. Forgot to send tracking until Monday, but it estimated Thursday so no big deal...it arrived there today! It went from Peoria to Champaign on Sat, was in MA by Monday am and delivered same day. WOW_ just WOW
That is crazy good compared to what has been going on...color me stunned.
I sent the buyer the tracking anyway and an apology as I always send same day track and got distracted by the lovely weather (IE yard work from she who must be obeyed ..LOL)
shshshshshsh, you might jinx it. I'm loving every minute of it, not only the P&O are really stepping, Fedex and UPS are getting with it to. I have never in all my years received a package by Fedex on a Sunday, but last weekend I did. Also shipped a boat model via Fedex on Friday, shipper said it would arrive on Monday, but I received a text from the buyer the package was delivered Sunday. Now that's living.
Nov 11, 2020, 09:12 AM
Trader Rating: 16
Oh...that's gonna leave a mark
I had the opposite, I shipped a kit where USPS appeared to have lost it. I felt horrible hanging on to his money while it was in limbo. I refunded his money and said he could pay me if it ever appears. The kit shows up a month after I shipped it, but the guy won't pay me. Won't even answer my Pm's.
Nov 11, 2020, 10:21 AM
Trader Rating: 88
Mt. Dora, Florida
Then you need to post his info to publicly shame him.
Nov 11, 2020, 10:24 AM
It's a game of chance with no rhyme or reaason.
A replacement blade I ordered was shipped from NY via Priority Mail and arrived 2 weeks after the stated deliver by date.
This past Saturday I shipped a package via USPS to California from Maryland. It was delivered Monday morning!
It's like dealing with two different companies.
Nov 11, 2020, 10:39 AM
Trader Rating: 12
Anyone who's researched what pro sellers from places like Ebay have more than proven, is that most problems can be tracked to specific distribution centers and POs, and there's a correlation between shipping methods such as media mail having less than spectacular results, compared with priority. If the one or two people (pretty much just one person) that wants to challenge it does, they're welcome to spend a few minutes looking up the topic also. I've almost always had fast shipping with USPS. The few issues I had were when lower end shipping methods were used. There's a reason they won't show you tracking with the cheap shipping option Banggood uses, as it is all tracked by the USPS. They need to give you some incentive to use the better option. Spend the few dollars and you'll get it faster, like my last BG package that arrived a week or so ago, in less than 10 days. Numerous USPS domestic shipments have all been 2-3 days. One was shipped on a Saturday from a good distance away, and arrived on Monday.
Nov 11, 2020, 11:53 AM
Oh...that's gonna leave a mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdoramike
Then you need to post his info to publicly shame him.
Ironically, he posts to make sure you get a fair price from the cheap skates!......in this thread.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...e#post45483427
Nov 13, 2020, 08:45 AM
Trader Rating: 179
AMA 72859 Build Baby, Build!

They're still screwing up

Had a set of plans sent to me via priority mail. Supposed to arrive today but in their infinite wisdom the USPS thought the best way to get to NJ from Georgia would be to send it to Ohio first- where it has sat for the last 2 days. Here we go again!
Nov 13, 2020, 10:01 AM
Trader Rating: 190
Bought a plane on here Nov. 1st, shipped same day.
Tracking shows "arriving late".

OTOH, I ordered a engine from hobby king Hong Kong last Sunday night and it was here Wednesday from DHL.
Nov 13, 2020, 12:20 PM
Trader Rating: 36
From my experience, I'd say the USPS has gotten more erratic as of late. Some things are lightning fast, and some things seem to get stuck for days before moving on. Also, when tracking used to make note of every location a package passed through, now the message is that the package is "moving within the system".

On a related note, I received a package a couple weeks ago, and the tracking scan bars had been crossed off with a Sharpie. Online tracking shows that it first arrived at my post office, and was then sent on to a post office 50 miles away. Tracking shows that it is still sitting at that post office, yet it was delivered to me. Go figure.

Quick Reply