Feb 01, 2021, 09:13 AM
Thread OP
Good question. Gotta check the back of the card.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 01, 2021, 09:37 AM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
...Duplicate
Last edited by Bob Gaito; Feb 01, 2021 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Crack Pipe
Feb 01, 2021, 09:41 AM
Latitudes vs Attitudes

Crack Pipe

Do you have any of the same material to experiment on? I'd hate to see you try it on the WTC only to find that you "cant go home" If not- Maybe just glue something to an inconspicuous spot on the bottom? Then abuse it a bit as a test.
Feb 01, 2021, 05:22 PM
Just wrapping electrical tape around the suspect area will keep it from leaking. There isn't much pressure there.
Jun 03, 2021, 01:05 AM
Thread OP
Finally got around to fixing my cracked 2 inch subdriver. Used a UV-cured glue. Drilled a small hole at the end of the crack to arrest any further propagation of the crack. I dabbed some of the glue over the crack and hit it with the UV light. Water test next.
Jun 04, 2021, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redboat219
Finally got around to fixing my cracked 2 inch subdriver. Used a UV-cured glue. Drilled a small hole at the end of the crack to arrest any further propagation of the crack. I dabbed some of the glue over the crack and hit it with the UV light. Water test next.
If you still get leaks-

Glue a patch over the leaking area. Think like a piece of pond liner or some other sturdy, flexible piece of sheeting. It won't be the prettiest, but if you completely cover the patch with your cement and get it flat on the tube, it'll work. Just mind the screws.
Jun 05, 2021, 11:43 PM
Amateur Radio Station N4GKS
Can't you order one and cut it to size for replacement? http://polycarbonate-tubes.com/
Jun 06, 2021, 02:27 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tug Fan
Can't you order one and cut it to size for replacement? http://polycarbonate-tubes.com/
Unfortunately no local source of polycarbonate tubing just sheets. Only ones available are in acrylics. I could go with that but it would entail fabricating new endcaps as the one I already have were meant for 1/16" wall. The acrylic tubes here are 2mm thick.
Last edited by redboat219; Jun 06, 2021 at 02:51 AM.
Jun 06, 2021, 05:28 AM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
What if you covered the affected areas with bands of heat shrink tubing ? Here's 4" diameter in clear or you could use an opaque like black and before you shrink it, butter the area with RTV-and it would be quite easy to remove if needed.

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/it...x?itemid=81524

This link is just for an example-they have a high min buy requirement -could be worth the time to research Google for single pieces...I'd think about high vis orange...it could look techy-BG
Last edited by Bob Gaito; Jun 06, 2021 at 05:34 AM.

Quick Reply