This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 05, 2020, 10:42 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Herbertz 420 Folder ( Edge retention )

Herbertz 420 Folder (5 min 11 sec)

Yes , I am really into the edge retention . ( It's all about the blade steel )

The Chinese can make a knife that looks good , feels good , is good ! Until you start cutting something . Thats when the wheels can fall off the wagon . And a wagon without wheels is ( Hmmm wagon wheels - a tasty treat ) ! Anyways .
This Herbertz was ordered a while ago from Poland , simply cos I had never seen this knife before . ( I had to have one ) .
And then a while later , I spied Crocbait ! With the mail being all Snail , I thought I may as well treat myself to some CrocBait !

Anyways , a little while ago the Herbertz arrived . I also ordered a 80 grit diamond hone to RIP steel off knives . And I thought !!! Why cant the knife edge be 80 grit ? ( I mean , why not ? ) Yes , the 80 grit will catch the printer paper when doing the paper cut test . But in the real world !
Let me just say , I have nothing against the 80 grit edge . It's not the best for slicing paper , but slicing other things - Like maybe flesh ? ( Hmmmmm )
Crocbait rated a 140 with a 180 grit edge
Herb rates a 130 with a 80 grit edge
And that could be due to the 80 grit catching the paper . Close enough to call same'o/same'o
Should you buy one ?

Oh dear ! How do I put this ? It's a cheap nasty knife and you should be able to do a little better . But , if you have an itch , you have an itch . I mean , for less than $14 ozzi bananas you can do a lot worse . You could buy a QSP Parrot !
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply