This thread is privately moderated by AVGDAY, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 05, 2020, 07:31 PM
a.k.a. skcope
Thread OP
Discussion

Latest Project

I have made some more progress and I’m inching closer to the finish line. I decided to go with the Canadian Snowbirds color scheme. Model is the classic Goldberg Eaglet which has been re-engineered by Balsa Workbench here on RC Groups. Looking forward to a maiden flight in the near future...
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2020, 08:45 PM
A man with a plan
Wow, that is a really snappy looking airplane! I'm tempted to build one myself with a 40 Surpass.

How is the balance? Was it pretty easy? Did you put the battery in the back with the servos?
Nov 05, 2020, 09:36 PM
a.k.a. skcope
Thread OP
I think you SHOULD build one yourself! The balance is pretty close to the plan currently. I have the servos mounted at the most rearward portion of the radio bay and used a heavy piece of music wire to join the elevators. Once I mount the tailwheel, I think the balance will be spot-on. Construction was extremely easy with the laser-cut parts; the overall fit was perfect. The battery will go in front of the servos but should be directly under the CG, so it won't effect the balance.
Nov 05, 2020, 09:52 PM
A man with a plan
That sounds perfect. Seems like you could use a variety of engines. With an OS 46 and a big muffler you could probably move the servos forward and put the battery under the push rods. Worst case scenario, you could build a battery box behind the bulkhead at the trailing edge.
Nov 06, 2020, 05:45 AM
a.k.a. skcope
Thread OP
I agree; you could use a huge variety of engines with this airframe. The fuselage has a lot of interior space so there are many feasible solutions to get the CG right no matter what engine you decide to use.
Nov 10, 2020, 11:21 AM
Job well done! Looks very sporty......Gene
Nov 12, 2020, 08:54 AM
a.k.a. skcope
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene6029
Job well done! Looks very sporty......Gene
Thanks Gene! Looking forward to finishing/flying it in the near future

Quick Reply