Nov 06, 2020, 05:30 PM
(Hi, well stated flight time is 31minutes but that would be under optimal conditions. )

Thanks for the reply, I did see that but I like to see them put to the test. I dont why,,I just do LOL
to remove ads between posts
Nov 06, 2020, 05:39 PM
Reach for the stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonak
I did see that but I like to see them put to the test. I dont why,,I just do LOL
Yes of course, you are right to want to know !

If you look at the range test in Post 25 above and look at the remaining time gauge I think that person manages to get around 20mins in all.

I would say all batteries need a few cycles to get up to optimum. So, do not to expect them to deliver 31mins straight out the box. Give them a few cycles and see where it stands. It's all early days and if there are problems with poor battery life then it will come to surface soon enough
Nov 06, 2020, 06:11 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkostar
Congratulations !!!! I'm looking at the GPS on your dash was it a Best Buy early morning raid ?

More of an early afternoon raid.

I actually had to drive out of my area to get this one. 5 local and semi local Best Buy‘s were out. It was a little frustrating because two of them said they had stock.
I wasn’t driving around looking though I did all the legwork on the telephone.

I think all the Best Buy‘s in orange county California are out of stock now. That didn’t take long, only two days, it hit the shelves the 4th of November and today is 6 November.

And wouldn’t you know it we’re going to have a very windy weekend, the wind is already picking up. But that’s OK with me. I’ll go fly my slope gliders this weekend.

Dave
Nov 06, 2020, 06:15 PM
DWA
DWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada Goose
Ooooh, drool drool, brand new FMC, truck looks immaculate too
My Canadian friend!
Remember a long time ago when we were talking on the phone about one of the early Phantoms I think it was?
It was a long time ago but it seems like A very long time ago.. Like 100 years ago.

Yeah I’m happy camper. Did you get one yet or have one on order?

Dave
Last edited by DWA; Nov 06, 2020 at 06:26 PM.
Nov 06, 2020, 06:24 PM
Hi Dave, yes that was a long long time ago but I do remember that and the early days of AP which was like 18 years ago if you can believe that!! Lot of water under the bridge since then eh? Hope all is well?

I have one on order
Nov 06, 2020, 06:28 PM
DWA
DWA
Yeah lots of water under the bridge.

Yep all is well. I hope all is well with you.
Good to hear you’ve got one on order hopefully it will be coming soon.

Dave
Nov 06, 2020, 06:43 PM
Reach for the stars

DJI Mini 2 Range Test 11000m Hitting the Limit

One way trip....11km range test

DJI Mini 2 Range Test 11000m Hitting the Limit (4 min 58 sec)
Nov 06, 2020, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Huge difference between video quality between Mavic Mini and Mini 2.

Air vs Mini 2 I would give the nod to the Mini 2 but the Air 2 has the advantage in handling more wind.

Mini 2 vs Mavic Pro 2 well you have twice as much sensor to deal with but that's not necessarily "twice as good" as the pixels are twice the size and larger is not better when talking video, look at the new Sony A7 SIII it's only a 12mp camera whereas the Canon R5 is 45mp but the Sony is a better video camera even though the Canon can shoot 8K. We get too focused on sensor size and think a larger sensor is automatically better. Where you will notice a difference is in lower light situations where a larger sensor (larger pixels) can capture more light and it will have more dynamic range (light to dark).
Nov 06, 2020, 09:29 PM
Not crashing = Not flying!
Quote:
One way trip....11km range test

https://youtu.be/hSRv9qbDBn4
Not sure what that proves.
Nov 07, 2020, 12:43 AM
Hey found the flight time video, cool because he does it with the mini 1 battery also.

DJI Mini 2 Flight Time Battery Test (7 min 41 sec)
Nov 07, 2020, 05:34 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptor
I look at it as Occusync is the shinzle! Nothing more.
Nov 07, 2020, 05:54 AM
Reach for the stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptor
I think as Repaid1 says it shows OcuSync is alive and well in this Mini 2.

11km in this little thing is kind of mind boggling. We need to find out more on battery life though as one way travel is not practical. It's not all about range though, it's about the quality as well in places like urban or heavily congested signal environments.
Nov 07, 2020, 06:00 AM
Reach for the stars
It's amazing what they have packed into this little thing.

ADS-B and Airsense technology is probably not going to be one of them though. I think DJI said that after January 1st 2020 only their new drones above 250g will have ADS-B technology built in.

The MA2 currently has it in the NA region model only but not in the global roll out. Been waiting for DJI to roll that out.
Nov 07, 2020, 09:58 AM
Reach for the stars

Dji mini 2 uk range test

An urban range test

DJI MINI 2 | UK RANGE TEST (8 min 15 sec)
Nov 07, 2020, 10:34 AM
Will the DJI Mavic Mini 2 work with the DJI Goggles Race Edition?

Thanks

Quick Reply