Nov 03, 2020, 01:31 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Sudden crash into water

After couple of dozens good flights got unexpected crash into a pond. Was in Rate mode and did nothing in terms of throttle or pick/roll. Did not switch to RTH mode but think it hardly helped.

Sudden quadcopter crash into water (2 min 44 sec)

The quad was in water about 5 min. All props got broken - it make me think they were rotating right after diving. There were no more mechanical damages. I disconneted battery, and after couple of hours blowed the quad with hot air.

Switching on showed not working camera and video transmitter. But I've managed to fix them replacing some electronic parts. So the quad is healthy now and have already done some flights.

My setup:
FC - Revo mini with Next FW and IBus connection
ESC - DYS BL20A with BlHeli firmware
Motors - BG2204-2300kV
LibrePilot software

No wind, no birds (I hope). All motor screws are in place. When I was removing prop remainings all their nuts were in place also.
Props (Gemfan 6030) were fine. I made only 2 successful flights before that with take-off and landing from/into may hand.
So the question is what's happened?
Probably it's a prop breakage. But would like to find out any other opinion.

Vlad.
Last edited by vladG; Dec 05, 2020 at 03:07 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2020, 01:14 PM
Something broke. I was waiting for the splashdown but the video stopped before it hit the water. Beautiful scenery.
Nov 16, 2020, 02:42 AM
Thread OP
Yes, it would be good to see a splash but that's all that was recorded. Last 1-2 seconds was lost. Probably last content of video buffer was not flushed to SD card.

Quick Reply