Nov 01, 2020, 08:43 AM
Thread OP
Question

Octoprint with BTT Smart Runout Sensor

A couple weeks ago, a plugin was added to support the BigTreeTech Smart Filament Runout sensor. I just ordered one, but I'm curious if anyone has gotten one setup and working already. Mostly I am curious if I need to still update the firmware to handle the "smart" style of sensor, or if I just need to populate the Octoprint settings for Pause and Resume.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2020, 08:42 PM
It depends on how you're going to connect it. I would personally connect the sensor to the octoprint computer (assuming raspberry pi?) and let octoprint handle it all. If it's not running on a pi I'm not sure how easy it is to connect, but with a pi it's pretty trivial.

Quick Reply